TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2013 - Be part of Team TPR!

Had a great day at Canada's Wonderland yesterday, this was a great event and we managed to raise a lot of money congratulations to everyone and thank you to those who donated.

I managed to get in 17 rides on Vortex and 77 rides on Behemoth. I will definitely be doing this again next year with hopes to doubling my donation.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fantastic time at my first Coasting For Kids event. I made some new friends and got to spend time with some good friends again. I ended up getting 13 laps on Grizzly, 3 on Anaconda, 2 on Rebel Yell, 10 on I305, and 6 on Dominator before the rain stopped my group from riding Hurler. I also finally managed to snag my Shockwave credit. It was such a great and well put together event. I applaud Give Kids the World and Kings Dominion. I hope to participate again next year.

Had a great time at KD today with Team TPR! We were fortunate enough to have one of the GKTW families come and talk to us at lunch. It really put things in perspective, and seeing how grateful they were made it all worth it! Just an amazing time.
Had a great time at Kings Dominion, they gave all participants a little goodie bag that and some random Kings Dominion stuff in it. The new shirts this year were great looking too.

With that it was still one of the best days I've had at Kings Dominion and I can't thank Cedar Fair, Give Kids The World, and Thme Park Review for all being involved in letting us do an event like this. Looking forward to next year all ready!

I had a fantastic time at my first Coasting For Kids event. I made some new friends and got to spend time with some good friends again. I ended up getting 13 laps on Grizzly, 3 on Anaconda, 2 on Rebel Yell, 10 on I305, and 6 on Dominator before the rain stopped my group from riding Hurler... It was such a great and well put together event. I applaud Give Kids the World and Kings Dominion. I hope to participate again next year.

^ These. Shout out the King's Dominion crew!

It was great meeting and spending the day talking and riding coasters with fellow TPR'ers. I gotta hand it to everyone's endurance and dedication too; I was exhausted by the end! Hope we see each other again in the future, and I certainly hope I will be able to join the cause again next year.

Also, a huge thanks to King's Dominion and Cedar Fair for (1) hosting this spectacular event and (2) providing me this wonderful omen of death to hang over my bed!

IMG_3070.thumb.JPG.dcc4aefc344cef6810b1bcc2f54b6ddc.JPG

My girlfriend Brit and I participated in our first Coasting for Kids event this year at Dorney and we'll definitely make it an annual event! We had a great time, met some great people (deguy123, sspaz1000 and a bunch of others) and most importantly helped support a great cause.

I'm very impressed with the TPR community, everyone treated us like they've known us forever and everyone had a great time and seemed to be very proud of the great cause we were supporting. Thanks to Cedar Fair for putting on such a great event and to Theme park Review for so actively supporting it!

My fiance and I attended the event at Kings Dominion, a few thoughts:

1.) This was our first time "Coasting For Kids" and it was a wonderful experience. I liked the way Kings Dominion ran the event. It was pretty laid back, but it worked out pretty well. I will say that some of the ride crews were better (I305 was the best) than others...but overall it was great. It was also nice that they had a family to share their story about their time at the Village. We will certainly be back next year.

2.) I would also like to take a quick second to thank Cedar Fair for all they do for this event.

3.) Last, but certainly not least I would like to thank the TPR members that welcomed us. Ashley and I love traveling all over to ride coasters, but this was our first "event" with any sort of forum/club. I can't speak highly enough about how nice everyone was to us "strangers". It was awesome to be able to spend a day with people who shared our passion for coasters. We came away extremely impressed with TPR and we look forward to future events/trips. So thanks everyone!

My girlfriend Brit and I participated in our first Coasting for Kids event this year at Dorney and we'll definitely make it an annual event! We had a great time, met some great people (deguy123, sspaz1000 and a bunch of others) and most importantly helped support a great cause.

I'm very impressed with the TPR community, everyone treated us like they've known us forever and everyone had a great time and seemed to be very proud of the great cause we were supporting. Thanks to Cedar Fair for putting on such a great event and to Theme park Review for so actively supporting it!

It is nice to hear that the TPR community welcomed you guys as great as they did us yesterday at Kings Dominion. We came away extremely impressed with every single member that was part of Team TPR. We had FUN too.

Yes, it was a good Team TPR group at Kings Dominion yesterday. It was a pleasure spending the day with you there.

It was nice meeting you. Thanks for welcoming us.

It was great meeting and spending the day talking and riding coasters with fellow TPR'ers. I gotta hand it to everyone's endurance and dedication too; I was exhausted by the end! Hope we see each other again in the future, and I certainly hope I will be able to join the cause again next year.

Yeah, I was pretty tired by the end. Something about I305 though...it takes the tiredness away...if only for 3 minutes at a time.

It was nice meeting you, we are from the Williamsburg area...not too far from you, so I am sure we will see you around sometime soon.

I had a fantastic time at my first Coasting For Kids event. I made some new friends and got to spend time with some good friends again. I ended up getting 13 laps on Grizzly, 3 on Anaconda, 2 on Rebel Yell, 10 on I305, and 6 on Dominator before the rain stopped my group from riding Hurler. I also finally managed to snag my Shockwave credit. It was such a great and well put together event. I applaud Give Kids the World and Kings Dominion. I hope to participate again next year.

It was nice meeting you. We lost count of laps...

Had a great time at KD today with Team TPR! We were fortunate enough to have one of the GKTW families come and talk to us at lunch. It really put things in perspective, and seeing how grateful they were made it all worth it! Just an amazing time. I'm so glad that I decided to come to Virginia instead of sticking around the Midwest. Met a ton of awesome people and can't wait to participate in the event again next year. I even made it onto the TPR twitter feed a couple of times, even though it was under the wrong name once.

Congrats on your fundraising. I agree, it was awesome that they had a family there.

It was nice meeting you, hope you have a safe trip back.

Had a great time at Kings Dominion, they gave all participants a little goodie bag that and some random Kings Dominion stuff in it. The new shirts this year were great looking too. It seemed like all involved this year stepped it up a bit and the event was a huge success.

It was interesting going from last year where the whole group rode a coaster together all day to a park where basically it's an honor system that you will ride the ride your group is assigned for that hour. The small groups also meant some operators at rides were not as involved or aware of what was taking place (big kudos to the I305 crew though for rocking and being involved in getting us in empty seats). Then it was apparent some of the other groups may have skipped their ride times on certain less appealing rides, which isn't the point of the event was a let down to see happening. The big thing i missed though was The enthusiasm and energy levels that a large group together has (think ERT session vibe vs just being alone). I like both methods for different reasons and they both work out fine and keep the spirit of the fundraiser. Though i would have preferred some sort of kick off and/or ending hour as a group on a ride to get people pumped for the day and to have that big we are here for a cause together feeling that being alone on a train doesn't have. Just a little thought for next years planning.

With that it was still one of the best days I've had at Kings Dominion and I can't thank Cedar Fair, Give Kids The World, and Thme Park Review for all being involved in letting us do an event like this. Looking forward to next year all ready!

I kinda feel like I know where you are coming from. It would have been fun to be in a bit larger group...as long as we could still get rides together. However, I also like that KD lets everyone ride multiple coasters. I also like your idea of a big "starting" ride with everyone. This would also be good for the park (IMO) to get pictures...instead of trying to do it quickly after lunch.

100% agree on some of the ride operators not being enthusiastic (or anything, at all)...but the I305 crew was great.

We played by the rules the entire day, so it seems like everyone with TPR did...which is great to see.

It was nice to meet you.

My family and I had a wonderful time at KBF yesterday. This was the first year participating for my wife and son and the second for me. The park was incredibly welcoming and you can never go wrong with a lunch of Mrs. Knott's' Fried Chicken!

My fiance and I attended the event at Kings Dominion, a few thoughts:

1.) This was our first time "Coasting For Kids" and it was a wonderful experience. I liked the way Kings Dominion ran the event. It was pretty laid back, but it worked out pretty well. I will say that some of the ride crews were better (I305 was the best) than others...but overall it was great. It was also nice that they had a family to share their story about their time at the Village. We will certainly be back next year.

2.) I would also like to take a quick second to thank Cedar Fair for all they do for this event.

3.) Last, but certainly not least I would like to thank the TPR members that welcomed us. Ashley and I love traveling all over to ride coasters, but this was our first "event" with any sort of forum/club. I can't speak highly enough about how nice everyone was to us "strangers". It was awesome to be able to spend a day with people who shared our passion for coasters. We came away extremely impressed with TPR and we look forward to future events/trips. So thanks everyone!

Hey Scott, I missed out on telling you and Ashley (and Nick as well) goodbye yesterday. I had to run to guest services, and when I came out you guys had already left. I'm glad you all had a great time. Hope to see you guys sometime in the future!

Thad

WOW...absolutely phenomenal job fundraising this year, Team TPR! It makes me so proud to see how dedicated and passionate this group is, and the creative ways you garner support for the mission of GKTW.

Although cold and rainy, I had an awesome time at Valleyfair-- I swear Coasting is my favorite day of the year . It was nice meeting my fellow TPR'ers.

There is truly not enough thanks to go around to those who participated, donated, supported and promoted, but we thought this might make you smile. We had one of our special guests make a sign especially for you all...check it out!

TPR.JPG.1d8ffd4fdef002ea4f4bd81625517d6f.JPG

Lastly, the invite is always open-- if you're in the Central Florida area, please contact me and I'd love to take an hour to show you around our storybook Village so you can see first-hand the difference you are making in the lives of these deserving families. Yes, I'll even let you ride the carousel.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! TPR gave a lot of support for Coasting For Kids and now we are asking you for your support! Please donate to our page in the "Blogger Bowl" supporting Give Kids The World. Everyone who donates $20 or more will get a really nice "Bag-O-Crap" from us! The more you donate, the bigger the bag-o-crap!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/themeparkreview/have-fun-for-GKTW

I received my Bag of Crap the other day. This was by far the best crap I've ever received. It included lots of glossy pieces of paper from different ride manufacturers, including a complete Proslide catalog and a dozen or so 8.5 x 11 photos of GCI coasters. Thanks Robb for these promotions that encourage us to donate more!

I received my "Thank You" letter from GKTWV for my participation. I want to thank YOU guys for the oppertunity to even support a cause like this, and thank you guys for all the work you do to help the kids out.

Here is to 2014

• 6 months later...