TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2013 - Be part of Team TPR!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody doing the Knott's day get a conflicting email from Leidy yesterday?

In her email it said the event started at 8:00 but in the attachment it says it starts at 7:00. It's also started at 7:00 the last 2 years. I was going to email her to verify but somehow the email is totally gone, not even in trash.

Did anybody doing the Knott's day get a conflicting email from Leidy yesterday?

In her email it said the event started at 8:00 but in the attachment it says it starts at 7:00. It's also started at 7:00 the last 2 years. I was going to email her to verify but somehow the email is totally gone, not even in trash.

She sent out a correction email

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We are very excited for tomorrow’s event! I made an error in the itinerary that was attached to the last email. Please note that you are riding Jaguar from 8am-5pm with a break for lunch from 12-1. I accidently included a 7am-12pm ride time. Please disregard that timeframe, I apologize for the confusion. Below is the itinerary:

Welcome to Knott’s Coasting For Kids Event!

Congratulations! If you are the recipient of this itinerary, it means that you have raised desperately needed funds for the Give Kids The World organization! We applaud your efforts and welcome you to Knott’s. We hope that you have a wonderful time and that it will be a day that you will remember for years to come. It’s not every day that you ride a rollercoaster for hours on end!

Our itinerary is pretty simple:

7:45 AM

We ask that all participants arrive by 7:45 am and park in the Knott’s Western Employee Parking lot located off of Western Ave. located behind the park. If you are headed south on Beach Blvd. you would make a right on La Palma and a left on Western Ave.. The Western Employee Parking entrance will be on your right hand side past the fire station. After you park, you will cross Western Ave. and I will meet you at the Western Employee Entrance

7:45-8:00 AM

Knott’s will be providing a light breakfast prior to your ride in on Jaguar!

8:00am -12:00pm

Ride Jaguar! Remember, this is not for Guinness Book of World Record, if you need to sit out a few rides that’s fine! If you need a bathroom break, water, etc. just alert our ride operators and they will make sure that you are released from the attraction. There are no set breaks except for lunch. Please take your breaks any time you desire.

12:00pm-1:00pm

Time for lunch! Knott’s will be providing a Mrs. Knott’s Chicken box lunch for you in Fiesta Plaza.

1:00pm-5:00pm

Ride Jaguar!

5:15pm

Awards

5:00pm-8:00 pm

We welcome you to enjoy the rest of your day Knott’s Berry Farm at your leisure.

Thank you again for being a part of “Coasting For Kids,” we appreciate your efforts! If you have any questions or concern, please call Leidy Arévalo at (714) 220-5402 email: leidy.arevalo@knotts.com

I'll be heading up to Kings Dominion shortly, and I just wanted to thank all those who have contributed so generously to Give Kids the World Village via Team TPR--$51,000 is amazing!

A great day indeed, got 17 laps each on both Talon and Steel Force, and 13 on Hydra, had some nausea, but I fought through, almost blacked out on my 17th lap on Steel Force.

I WILL be doing this again next year, no question

Had a great time at KD today with Team TPR! We were fortunate enough to have one of the GKTW families come and talk to us at lunch. It really put things in perspective, and seeing how grateful they were made it all worth it! Just an amazing time. I'm so glad that I decided to come to Virginia instead of sticking around the Midwest. Met a ton of awesome people and can't wait to participate in the event again next year. I even made it onto the TPR twitter feed a couple of times, even though it was under the wrong name once.

Twas a crazy day, hope everyone had as much fun as I did! I am sore as all heck from the 100+ rides and sun burnt to a crisp but it was totally worth it as always. Next year I'm bringing a pillow to sit on. Strangely enough after the event the midways were packed but when I limped to gatekeeper at around 7 it was only a 10 minute wait.

Really wish I could have done the event this year (damn work). Congrats to all the members of Team TPR for raising all that money! Glad you all had fun today!

i'm so so Sore :0) Had a blast thanks to Knott's , Give Kids the World and Theme Park Review for showing us all a good time and allowing us to raise money doing what we love!

Team TPR rode the Jaguar a total of 131 times that's the equivalent of 64.56 Mi (Good job guys)

(131x2602)/5280 = 64.55719696969697

Had a blast at CGA today. I would like to thank the park management and the representatives from Give Kids the World for putting on an outstanding event. They were organized and had surprises throughout the day that made the day special.

I'm so glad to be a part of such an amazing event where we can all come together and make a significant impact in so many families' lives. I can't wait to come back for my 5th year next year.

Ride count:

Flight Deck - 47

Vortex - 18 (those of you who stayed on for 40+ are real troopers)

Gold Striker - 5

Had a great time at Kings Dominion, they gave all participants a little goodie bag that and some random Kings Dominion stuff in it. The new shirts this year were great looking too. It seemed like all involved this year stepped it up a bit and the event was a huge success.

It was interesting going from last year where the whole group rode a coaster together all day to a park where basically it's an honor system that you will ride the ride your group is assigned for that hour. The small groups also meant some operators at rides were not as involved or aware of what was taking place (big kudos to the I305 crew though for rocking and being involved in getting us in empty seats). Then it was apparent some of the other groups may have skipped their ride times on certain less appealing rides, which isn't the point of the event was a let down to see happening. The big thing i missed though was The enthusiasm and energy levels that a large group together has (think ERT session vibe vs just being alone). I like both methods for different reasons and they both work out fine and keep the spirit of the fundraiser. Though i would have preferred some sort of kick off and/or ending hour as a group on a ride to get people pumped for the day and to have that big we are here for a cause together feeling that being alone on a train doesn't have. Just a little thought for next years planning.

With that it was still one of the best days I've had at Kings Dominion and I can't thank Cedar Fair, Give Kids The World, and Thme Park Review for all being involved in letting us do an event like this. Looking forward to next year all ready!

I even made it onto the TPR twitter feed a couple of times, even though it was under the wrong name once.

Chuck says "you're welcome!"

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! My goof, too, as I sent Robb the photo and forgot to put a name to it.

Wow, what a great day at Dorney! They really put together an awesome day and they were very helpful. They also asked how next year they could make it even better. Doing this is something that is great for others while getting together with others who have the same passion. Meet a lot of new great people and everyone was very friendly, also got to spend time with a few people I haven't seen in awhile. The highlight was the mom who's child went to Florida and thanked us for raising the money. You could see she was holding back tears. Can't wait for next year!

Coasting For Kids at Michigan's Adventure was insane. My body was destroyed by the afternoon due to 50 rides on Thunderhawk (I dare you to ride a Vekoma SLC 50 times in a row ). The only crappy part of the morning was that none of us could really talk to each other because when you're in those suspended seats you can't really see the other rides. The afternoon was much better for that, sitting in the PTC trains on Shivering Timbers.

Everyone had a sweet time, and I will definitely be doing it again next year at the same park. I haven't seen the result on how much money we raised, though; I only had enough time to log in and give the "I survived" post. I hope the weather held out and everyone else who participated at other Cedar Fair parks had equally as much fun.

I had an absolute blast this year too. Big thanks for Dorney park and stepping up their organization levels too. It was an amazing time had by all. I also wants thank Dorney for giving us dedicated trains on all the coasters we rode yesterday. While its pretty easy to do that on steel force since it has 3 trains, talon and hydra only have two and that was a special touch to keep us on one train.

Also the lunch provided to us was fantastic as well. Overall a great day!

PS- the t-shirts given this year were awesome.

Coasting for Kids was a huge success yesterday at Dorney. I could not have ask for a better time. This year the park was very organized and had everything well thought out. It was nice of them to give us a dedicated train on each coasters through out the day. It was great to see some people I have not seen in a while and get my friend to Dorney for his first time.