TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2013 - Be part of Team TPR!

Donate to Coasting For Kids and get a Geauga Lake Bag-O-Crap!

Here's how this is going to work...because we have a LOT of Geauga Crap!

Donate $15 and you'll get a Bag-O-Crap with 5 smaller items (Key chains, shot glasses, magnets, bottle opener, other random cool stuff...)

Donate $25 and you'll get a Bag-O-Crap with 10 smaller items (We have lots of it!)

Donate $40 and you'll get a Bag-O-Crap with 10 smaller items and one bigger item! (A T-Shirt, Hat, etc...)

Pick any rider from one of our Team TPR teams (And maybe help out a team that isn't doing as well) here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64842 - It MUST be a Team TPR rider!

Go to their page and donate. Send me an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with your contact information, a link to the person you donated to, and "GL Crap" in the subject.

Then I'll send you some GL Crap! it's as easy as that!

Thank you for supporting Team TPR in Coasting For Kids!

--Robb

That's awesome!

Well...went ahead and signed up...this is my first time.

Coasting for Kids Rookie: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sbrubakerjr/KingsDominion2013

I'm not showing you as part of Team TPR yet.

Edited by jray21

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time lurker but finally registered! Yay me. My 9 year old daughter and I are a little late on the band wagon but we have just registered to participate in Coasting for Kids at Worlds of Fun with Team TPR. Meant to do this back in February but yeah...

Here are our fundraising pages if anyone would like to support us:

My daughter, Deana Kay: https://www.firstgiving.com:443/fundraiser/DeanaKayEshleman/WorldsofFun2013

Any myself: https://www.firstgiving.com:443/fundraiser/AnjieEshleman/WorldsofFun2013

Well...went ahead and signed up...this is my first time.

Coasting for Kids Rookie: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sbrubakerjr/KingsDominion2013

I'm not showing you as part of Team TPR yet.

I was having trouble joining a team. Myself and my fiance should be on team TPR now!!

She is struggling to get started if anyone wants to help: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/akowalski/KingsDominion2013/team

And mine: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sbrubakerjr/KingsDominion2013

So excited for this...Team TPR is rocking!!!

WooHoo!!! Dorney finally announced their details!!!

Registration time & location: 9-9:30 a.m. at the Main Gate

Parking is $15 per vehicle

Event time: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Marathon will take place on:

Stinger: 9:30 – 10 a.m.

Steel Force: 10 a.m. – Noon

Talon: 2 – 3:30 p.m.

Hydra: 3:30 – 5 p.m.

Meal time & location: Noon – 1 p.m. at Food Fest Grove

Awards ceremony time and location: 1:30 p.m. Center Stage

Regular park operating hours: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Prizes: 1st Place: Dorney Park prize pack including four 2013 Dorney Park general admission tickets ($400 value) 2nd Place: Dorney Park Haunt prize pack including four 2013 Dorney Park Haunt admission tickets ($300 value) 3rd Place: Give Kids The World gift basket

Awesome to finally see some Dorney details! And I love the assortment of different coasters this year! That's a cool surprise to see. Can't wait for June 9th!! Besides, I feel like I'm warmed up now after yesterday's Media Day for GateKeeper!

By the way, congrats on reaching your initial goal Sue!

^ You do not have to leave. I stayed last year till closing.

I am glad to see the assortment of rides this year for Dorney. I am confused why parking is included at some parks but not others? Also we if we have a cedar platinum pass do we have to pay still?

I didn't pay last year with my Cedar Fair plat. pass. I told them I would but showed my season pass and they got in. I think it will depend on if this year they have people working the parking who actually know that there's an event going on in the park that day.

We are over $22,000 now! Still have plenty of Geauga Lake stuff to give away! If you want any of these items, or want to advertize this to your theme park friends, let them know they can get some pretty cool stuff by donating to your page! Details here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1309074#p1309074

I didn't pay last year with my Cedar Fair plat. pass. I told them I would but showed my season pass and they got in. I think it will depend on if this year they have people working the parking who actually know that there's an event going on in the park that day.

Thanks! Parking was included last year.

Am I the only one thinking its kind of crummy the park is charging the fundraisers a $15 parking fee? Part of me realizes that yes the park is making a huge donation by hosting the event but I really doubt it would kill them to let participants park for free. Also yay for Geauga Bags o Crap!

I just signed up for Valleyfair this morning after the company's GM said he would support me!

After last summer being lost due to moving and other activities, this will make a great comeback and my visit to VF on Saturday made my decision easy to participate!

This should be a fun event!

Am I the only one thinking its kind of crummy the park is charging the fundraisers a $15 parking fee? Part of me realizes that yes the park is making a huge donation by hosting the event but I really doubt it would kill them to let participants park for free. Also yay for Geauga Bags o Crap!

I do agree but after I sat and thought about it. Its not like we are paying to get in (even though I have a platinum pass) and we get free lunch. Even though last year for the same fee we got breakfast, lunch, a t shirt, and fast pass. I think the fast pass was taken away because for one thing at Dorney you did not need it. It was not crowded at all. All that we truly needed it for was the Wild Mouse. Also I think because most people did not stay at the designated ride for long periods of time knowing they could take advantage of the line skipper.

^ Agreed. And it makes sense that they ditched the Fast Lane offering, since GKTW incorporated that as a prize for raising $1,000. You really are getting so much from the park for participating in this awesome event! Not to mention the great feeling of what you've done to support GKTW!!

In regards to the parking specifically, the only thing I find somewhat interesting is that some parks charge for it on the event day, while the majority do not. It looks like Michigan's Adventure and Kings Dominion are the only other parks besides Dorney charging for parking that day. I would've thought Cedar Fair might make a universal decision (all parks charge or all parks don't), but I guess they left it up to the parks individually?

Only a little over 3 weeks away! Can't wait!!

As much as I love this event and have done it in the past, it's hard for me to even say that i'm not doing it this year. I wouldn't have been able to even go last year until Robb basically donated the money to have me go. So I don't even know what to do, I want to sign up and attend this amazing event again, but I don't want to just rely on Robb to donate the $75 just so I can go. What is everyone's thoughts on this, should I still sign up or not bother?

As much as I love this event and have done it in the past, it's hard for me to even say that i'm not doing it this year. I wouldn't have been able to even go last year until Robb basically donated the money to have me go. So I don't even know what to do, I want to sign up and attend this amazing event again, but I don't want to just rely on Robb to donate the $75 just so I can go. What is everyone's thoughts on this, should I still sign up or not bother?

Some options:

-I would first reach out to friends/family and see if they would donate before you sign up. I sent a email to specific people at work asking if anyone would be interested in donating since we are not allowed to send a mass email company wide.

-Would your job or another local business sponsor you?

-I am sure if you come up with a clever game or something along them lines with TPR people from here will donate.

-Do you have anything you can sell on eBay or Craigs List? I just made $77 selling my old used iPod Classic on eBay actually.

-One last step would be to try a crowd funding website that allows this type of ad. Also not sure if this allowed - Maybe Kara/Robb can answer that?

^ Agreed. And it makes sense that they ditched the Fast Lane offering, since GKTW incorporated that as a prize for raising $1,000. You really are getting so much from the park for participating in this awesome event! Not to mention the great feeling of what you've done to support GKTW!!

In regards to the parking specifically, the only thing I find somewhat interesting is that some parks charge for it on the event day, while the majority do not. It looks like Michigan's Adventure and Kings Dominion are the only other parks besides Dorney charging for parking that day. I would've thought Cedar Fair might make a universal decision (all parks charge or all parks don't), but I guess they left it up to the parks individually?

Only a little over 3 weeks away! Can't wait!!

It does seem odd they are doing that with the parking. It is just like the season pass discounts. Some of their parks give it out right no matter how much you spend while some you have to go to customer service and buy play money to get a discount.

It looks like Team TPR is doing great across the board.

First place at every park that there are participants.....wouldn't it be awesome though if a team TPR member was in the top 3 at every park too?

Adam D'Amico is tied for 3rd place at King's Island right now. Who can help push him up into that top 3 for sure?

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/adamdamico/KingsIsland2013

Gregg Condon is only $50 out of first place at Knott's.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/greggcondon/KnottsBerryFarm2013

Hey guys, I'm new to the party but I was waiting for the event details to come out since I wanted to be sure that I could commit and it took them awhile for Dorney. This will be my first year participating but I'm really looking forward to supporting such a great organization as a member of Team TPR!

Here is a link to my page!