TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2013 - Be part of Team TPR!

^ Welcome aboard! Always great to add more fine TPR folks to the team!! Looking forward to meeting the new faces (and seeing great friends again! *cough* Nicole *cough* Chris *cough* Derek? ) that day!

*Cough* yes!! I can't wait and this year I've gone above last year. I'm focused now after a rough 2013 start so I should be raising my amount. This will also be my first park of the year most likely since my kitchen remodel has taken up more funds then I planned!

BTW work blocked TPR! Which why posting on here is rare now ugh!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Nice! I like it!!

And to those curious about Dorney's details, I feel like it wouldn't be Coasting For Kids without Dorney being the dead last park to release their details. I just hope this year they know we are coming......those who were there last year will know what I mean and will remember the line of cars waiting to be allowed into the lot!

I'm betting it will be Steel Force again, but I noticed a lot of the parks have multiple coasters, so I think it'd be neat if they added Talon for like a couple hours in the morning perhaps. We'll find out soon enough!

Yea, waiting out front was a little irritating but I think overall the morning went quite well. But then again I am very laid back and I like the nonchalant approach that was taken.

I also kinda hope its Steel Force again. I liked that we could just come and go. I would take breaks and go ride a ride or two and then come back to Steel Force. It was such a laid back day and that is what I loved about it.

I'm looking forward to hanging out with my friends *cough*Nick & Chris* cough, and hopefully other people as well. I had some great conversations with other people that day too.

Can't wait to make new memories this year. I also hope we are fortunate enough to meet another family that has benefited from GKTW. While it sucks they had to go through whatever they went through, seeing them talk about what a fabulous time they had at GKTW village, was a special moment.

I also hope we are fortunate enough to meet another family that has benefited from GKTW. While it sucks they had to go through whatever they went through, seeing them talk about what a fabulous time they had at GKTW village, was a special moment.

That was the best part of the day, seeing their faces as they said "thank you"!

I also hope we are fortunate enough to meet another family that has benefited from GKTW. While it sucks they had to go through whatever they went through, seeing them talk about what a fabulous time they had at GKTW village, was a special moment.

That was the best part of the day, seeing their faces as they said "thank you"!

Totally agree on that one! It was so touching to see first hand a family that got to enjoy the benefits that GKTW offers to these kids in need. Made me feel so great about having raised money for such a wonderful cause like that. In fact, seeing that family was one of the things that spurred me to want to contact Kara this year about donating any park prizes, if I manage to finish high enough with my fundraising this time around.

And, for the record, my earlier mention of the line of cars to get in last year wasn't a complaint, as I actually found it rather humorous!

I've been going to a weight loss clinic for the last 2 weeks, and decided to tie my weight loss up until May 31st (when I leave for my East Coast Coaster Trip) in with a promotion for Coasting for Kids. I threw this out to my Facebook friends last night. I've raised about $930 so far, and think I can get to $1500 before I leave town on May 31st. If I hit 1500, I'm going to match $3 for each pound that I've lost by that time. Hoping it helps get some more donations!

So far I'm down 15.5 lbs in 2 weeks. Hoping to get to around 45-50 by the time I leave.

Hey everyone!

I have a bunch of extra 2013 park map brochures for Six Flags Great Adventure, Dorney, and Hershey (Springtime in the Park). In an effort to boost our fundraising, I will send 1 of each brochure to anyone who donates at least $5 to my page or Rich's page. Just make the donation and send me a PM with your address and the brochures will be on the way!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/SueYekel/DorneyPark2013

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/RichYekel/DorneyPark2013

Thanks!

Sue

I've passed my initial goal of $500, so I've kicked in another $10 to celebrate! who will match me? The first five Team TPR members who do will get an additional $10 donation from me.

I've passed my initial goal of $500, so I've kicked in another $10 to celebrate! who will match me? The first five Team TPR members who do will get an additional $10 donation from me.

Done and done, Chuck! Great job on reaching your goal!! And a huge thanks for your generosity!

Donate to Coasting For Kids and get a Geauga Lake Bag-O-Crap!

Here's how this is going to work...because we have a LOT of Geauga Crap!

Donate $15 and you'll get a Bag-O-Crap with 5 smaller items (Key chains, shot glasses, magnets, bottle opener, other random cool stuff...)

Donate $25 and you'll get a Bag-O-Crap with 10 smaller items (We have lots of it!)

Donate $40 and you'll get a Bag-O-Crap with 10 smaller items and one bigger item! (A T-Shirt, Hat, etc...)

Pick any rider from one of our Team TPR teams (And maybe help out a team that isn't doing as well) here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64842 - It MUST be a Team TPR rider!

Go to their page and donate. Send me an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with your contact information, a link to the person you donated to, and "GL Crap" in the subject.

Then I'll send you some GL Crap! it's as easy as that!

Thank you for supporting Team TPR in Coasting For Kids!

--Robb

NOTE: These are "grab bags" filled with items *LIKE* the ones in the images below, but may not be exactly the same items.

GL_Crap.thumb.JPG.eadd14a7d8447e17aae37ab2684d0f68.JPG

Edited by robbalvey