TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2013 - Be part of Team TPR!

I am excited to be participating in this incredible event at Kings Island again this year! Give Kids the World is such an amazing organization, and riding coasters is a great way to support it. Last year, I was able to raise $365; this year, I have increased my goal to $500. Let's get the ball rolling: I will donate $5 to the pages of the first five donors to my page! (Please post in this thread so I can find your pages easily.) Thanks.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/adamdamico/KingsIsland2013

Donated!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am excited to be participating in this incredible event at Kings Island again this year! Give Kids the World is such an amazing organization, and riding coasters is a great way to support it. Last year, I was able to raise $365; this year, I have increased my goal to $500. Let's get the ball rolling: I will donate $5 to the pages of the first five donors to my page! (Please post in this thread so I can find your pages easily.) Thanks.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/adamdamico/KingsIsland2013

And my donation makes 5!

I have just joined Team TPR!

I am listed on the Dorney Park page even though I will be attending the event at Kings Dominion. (Long story! Kara at Give Kids The World is aware and has assured me everything will be fine!) I do not really need any donations, because I have already raised a LOT of money. (I haven't posted any of it yet, but trust me, it's a lot!) I will also have some donation dollars to spread around to other members, and I will be announcing ways that you can get yourself some of this donation money in the near future.

Best of luck to everyone in your fundraising efforts!

-Jason

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/bubala/DorneyPark2013

^^^ Glad to see you back on the team, Jason! Also, awesome to hear that you've raised a lot of money for the cause already!

Although, I guess that's not too surprising considering the awesome support you received last year. If my memory serves me, you were the overall top fundraiser at any of the parks, and you raised over $4k!! Definitely fantastic news that Team TPR has you on board again this year! Good luck!

Just signed up for Kings Dominion - looking forward to raising money for an incredible organization! Don't forget that you can volunteer with GKTW in Orlando (a great way to break up a vacation). You'll have a totally different perspective once you see the Village in person!

www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/BradM/KingsDominion2013

Edited by Hhappy

Hey TPR! Long time reader of this site, but first time poster! I'm a HUGE theme park and rollercoaster fan who lives in San Francisco (although I used to be right around the corner from Carowinds!) I've been signed up for the California's Great America Coasting for Kids event and fundraising for a while but I've just found out that my partner in crime won't be able to join me. So I thought, why not join Team TPR? So excited!

Here is my First Giving link:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/KirkJohnson/CaliforniasGreatAmerica2013

I'm already halfway to my goal of $250, any donations are greatly appreciated and I'll be sure to return the favor as much as I can!

Cheers!

Well, I ended up emailing Kara at GKTW with an idea I had. I remember last year as the top fundraiser at Dorney I received an awesome VIP tour from the park. And as great/fun as that trip was, I felt like I wanted to do something extra this year, if I was lucky enough to be one of the top fundraisers again. I realize the details haven't been released for Dorney yet, but I would assume the prizes would be similar. So, I asked her if it would be possible to donate any ticket/tour prize to a local (Dorney area) child in need, such as a local Make-a-Wish kid. Much to my delight, Kara replied that it would definitely be a possibility, and that she'd help out wherever she could! She even added that if we went through GKTW, she might be able to look for a family that has stayed at GKTW!!

I'm even more excited to push my fundraising as far as I possibly can, because I would absolutely LOVE to be able to do this! I think it would be the perfect thing to do that captures the theme of why we're all working so hard to help out this cause! But there's still a lot of work left to do, so I'm going to try and get creative to maximize my donations. And of course, I probably jinxed myself by sending that email, as I noticed a huge surge by the person in 2nd place. (Although, that's fine with me because that means more money is going to the cause!)

So anyway, if anyone feels the need to throw a few bucks my way to hopefully help a kid in need enjoy a day at Dorney, I would greatly appreciate it! Keep up the awesome work, Team TPR!!

Hey everyone!

I have a bunch of extra 2013 park map brochures for Six Flags Great Adventure and Hershey (Springtime in the Park). In an effort to boost our fundraising, I will send 1 of each brochure to anyone who donates at least $5 to my page or Rich's page. Just make the donation and send me a PM with your address and the brochures will be on the way!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/SueYekel/DorneyPark2013

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/RichYekel/DorneyPark2013

Thanks!

Sue

Hello All,

My name is Mike Demopoulos and I am the co-host of MousePlanet's MouseStation podcast. I also recently decided for my wife and I to join Club TPR. I am also a fundraiser at Valleyfair Coasting for Kids. Of course with MousePlanet have to join the Disney connection have to be on Team DIS. However I hope you will consider us dual-teams if possible. I hope you will take us and hope to help raise a lot for this great cause.

I was just sitting here thinking about last years event and how much fun I had! It's getting so close and I can not wait! I'm excited to see what Dorney has in store for us this year. Seems they are the last ones to announce anything yet.

I was just sitting here thinking about last years event and how much fun I had! It's getting so close and I can not wait! I'm excited to see what Dorney has in store for us this year. Seems they are the last ones to announce anything yet.

Best for last?!

Best for last?!

Of course! lol

^^ and ^^^They are great ideas Robb!

^ Nice! I like it!!

And to those curious about Dorney's details, I feel like it wouldn't be Coasting For Kids without Dorney being the dead last park to release their details. I just hope this year they know we are coming......those who were there last year will know what I mean and will remember the line of cars waiting to be allowed into the lot!

I'm betting it will be Steel Force again, but I noticed a lot of the parks have multiple coasters, so I think it'd be neat if they added Talon for like a couple hours in the morning perhaps. We'll find out soon enough!

Sorry it's come to this, but.......... MILK CHALLENGE.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_chugging ... I have $123.45 for the first person that is willing to videotape this and successfully completes the challenge.

Drink one gallon of milk in one hour and enjoy the delicious gallon of milk for one hour without having an upset stomach.

A few rules - 1- Whole Milk 2- Follow all other milk challenge rules as listed on the above wikipedia article. 3- Record everything and post it on YouTube/coastertube/vimeo and share a link here. 4. If you fail spectacularly and post the video here, I'll donate something to you 5. Mention TPR in the video so I know it's "legit"

Chris "It's for a great cause!" Con