TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2013 - Be part of Team TPR!

As much as I'm proud to be doing this, did people ever stop to think that maybe just maybe they have so many TPR friends they can't possibly pick and choose who to donate to? Daily on facebook, I see 5 or 6 people posting. If I have to guess casual people are going to be hiding those updates from friends because they are overwhelmed with seeing it every day. (just my $0.02)

Also remember it's only March. The event is months away. Last year, I saw my totals rise lots in the last 2-3 weeks before the event. Right now people don't see it as a tangible event. When most people don't even know what they are doing day to day. An event that's in 4 months, isn't on their radar yet.

Don't worry, the donations will come in, it just doesn't happen in the now, now, now mentality that everyone is so accustomed to. Patience and perseverance pays off.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Exactly. Remember, we started this on March 22nd last year, and this year we started early February. So look at it that we are already WAY ahead of where we were this time last year!

And yes, it will be tricky! I wouldn't recommend posting daily to your FB. That may come off as "spammy" to your friends. I would post once a week, and use some of the posts, stories, and images that Kara has posted to share details about the organization.

Also, remember, you can offer your donors a sticker if they donate!

^ Or even a cool TPR button!

Totally agree with what Robb & Nicole both said. I'm sure this year's fundraising will follow a similar pattern to last year. There's that initial surge of donations, then typically a lull in the middle, with a final push of donations in the last couple weeks. A reminder at about 2-3 weeks before the event jogs the memory of folks that saw an early post or email and thought "I definitely want to help out, but that's not until June".

And Robb is dead on about utilizing Kara's stories/pics occasionally when posting. People like to see where their donations are going and who they are helping.

Just broke $800!!! I've been posting daily on my Facebook, as well as making phone calls, sending emails, sending Facebook messages, etc. I've been very hard at work for this and so far I have 31 donors, an incredible number for me! I'm so excited to be a part of this, and a part of TPR!!!

Rather than donate to myself, one thing I like to do is keep an eye out for people who are willing to match donations to their page. That way GKTW is getting twice the donation!

It has been frustrating so far, but I'm hoping it's the fact that the event is still months away. Think I'm going to lay off a bit and come back with a vengeance in May.

Sue

I'm really amazed at how much we've raised, especially given that we started earlier. It's been pretty slow for me as well, but I only post about it once a week. I know last year, the closer it got to the event the more people were donating. I'm waiting to do my match 'offer' until it gets a little closer.

^ There's instructions on the first post of this thread.

**NOTE** - As soon as you register, please post the link to your registration page so we can add your signature banner! BE SURE TO REGISTER UNDER TEAM TPR!
Edited by robbalvey

Question...I am updating my profile and such now that the link works. I would like to post something on FB about once a week for right now, preferably some kind of video or even, Kara, some of your stories and photos that you have posted. Something to catch people's eye and then cause them to hopefully be willing to click on that donation link.

Is there a way a file could be created for us to pull from? Something that we could then personalize with a statement and the links to our individual pages? Or is it cool for me to copy and paste what is posted here? I just know that videos, stories, and photos draw me in and I am sure that will catch the attention of others as well.

Thanks!

Doing GREAT TPR!

Definitely feel free to pull from what I've posted. All these families are media okay, so it's fine to share. If you're looking to make a flier or something of the like, check out our Tools Page.

We just posted a new video that I would HIGHLY encourage you all to watch and share with your friends. Check it out on our YouTube page

Just wanted to say congrats to Team TPR Cedar Point, we're less than $20 away from being the number one highest fundraising team on FirstGiving! I am so proud to be a part of this team. Thank you everyone for your support!

I just went and took care of a few of our team members that needed a boost!

Just wanted to say congrats to Team TPR Cedar Point, we're less than $20 away from being the number one highest fundraising team on FirstGiving! I am so proud to be a part of this team. Thank you everyone for your support!

I just went and took care of a few of our team members that needed a boost!

Awesome, Robb!!!! I say we can hit $10,000 total in one week from today. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

We just posted a new video that I would HIGHLY encourage you all to watch and share with your friends. Check it out on our YouTube page

Kara, THANK YOU so much for posting that! What a beautiful video.....I'm not gonna lie, I totally teared up watching that. It is so wonderful to see all these great people involved in making the Village so amazing. The overflowing goodness of all the people involved down there (yourself included) should be an inspiring example to all of us!!

It just makes me want to fundraise that much harder!!

Go Team TPR!! $10k, here we come!

Everyone - Please post this to your Twitter or Facebook ASAP!

Twitter:

Team TPR raised $9,199 for GiveKidsTheWorld. Help us get to $10k! Donate to one of our riders @ThemeParkReview http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64842

Facebook:

Team TPR has raised $9,199 for Give Kids The World. Please help us get to $10! Donate to one of our riders: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64842

Hey guys, I'm doing Dollar Sunday today on my Coasting For Kids page. This means, if you donate a dollar, not only will I match your dollar on my page, but if you have a page, I'll match your dollar there, too! (Only for dollar donations, I'm kinda broke LOL!) I figure a dollar on Sunday can pay for a child's sundae at the resort! That's $1 you can donate to put a smile on the face of a child. Worth it? I think so! I'm also trying to get my friends more comfortable with the idea of donating $1 without feeling embarrassed about "being cheap." I have no problem donating a dollar to an amazing cause, and neither should they. GAME ON! (I hope I don't regret this in the morning with $100 $1 donations, ha!)

Excellent idea, Scott! I agree that people probably think donating $1 is cheap and hopefully it will help to have $1 donations to show people it's OK. I'd much rather have people donate $1 than not donate at all!

Rich and I are both on the Dorney team and have both made $1 donations to you.

Sue

Hey guys, I'm doing Dollar Sunday today on my Coasting For Kids page. This means, if you donate a dollar, not only will I match your dollar on my page, but if you have a page, I'll match your dollar there, too! (Only for dollar donations, I'm kinda broke LOL!) I figure a dollar on Sunday can pay for a child's sundae at the resort! That's $1 you can donate to put a smile on the face of a child. Worth it? I think so! I'm also trying to get my friends more comfortable with the idea of donating $1 without feeling embarrassed about "being cheap." I have no problem donating a dollar to an amazing cause, and neither should they. GAME ON! (I hope I don't regret this in the morning with $100 $1 donations, ha!)

I pitched in $20 - so feel free to give a couple of dollars here or there to anyone you want to on our behalf!