TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Dynamix - Wing Coaster

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Coaster Dynamix, but I am trying to make a Wing coaster. CD typically only makes B&M coaster models. I have a Dive, Sitting, Inverted, and a Floorless. Sometime I'm going to get a Hyper, but I would also like a Wing coaster. I know that CD doesn't make Wing coasters, but does anyone know how there might be a way to custom-make one? Could I remove the inner 6 seats of my Dive train and leave the outer two seats? CD already discontinued their line of Hyper and Dive trains; could they be making a Wing coaster? I am just thinking of what model to make, and I really think it would be cool to make a Wing. I'm just not sure how to make the train...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, go check this out on CD's Facebook page. There's another picture on their FB page as well. I don't know anymore about it that what you'll be able to read. Sure you could make your own too. I don't know if I'd use a dive train, maybe get an inverted train and cut the 4 seats down to 2 and then build a way to connect them over the wheel assembly using bass or balsa wood or even plastic. Peace!

CD Wing Coaster from their Facebook Page

^That photo is of a prototype that they made for Cedar Point. They won't mass-produce it unless CP orders them, and CP will only order them if there is evidence of customer demand. I would suggest contacting the park and expressing interest in it. If enough people do so, then there is more of a likelihood that they will order those trains. I certainly plan on doing so (and your post reminded me that I should do just that), as I would love to make some wing rider models. While the trains will only have plastic wheels (if the park orders them in the first place), you would theoretically be able to order metal wheels from CD and swap them out, making fully-functional trains.

I was talking to the guy who is one of the heads of CD on a coaster model site when they posted that picture as well as the new scorpion set. He stated that they make different trains but it's based off of supply and demand of the parks. I had a very interesting talk with him about different track types such as the vekoma inner tubing and tri and quad truss track and how practical they are. The main problem with larger Statix trains is that they put more stress on the track and supports and the track can become misshapen and has to be re smoothed after long periods of operation.

You should contact Cedar Point. If they get enough interest in the trains, then they'll see that there is potential profit there, and they will be more inclined to order them. If nobody shows interest, then they won't want to spend money on a product that they think nobody will buy (resulting in a revenue loss). Contact Cedar Point and let them know that you would want to buy a train if they got them.