TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disk'O Coaster vs Half Pipe

azza29

Something that I've wondered for a while, and maybe a dumb question but here goes: how come an Intamin Half Pipe is considered a rollercoaster, but a Disk'O Coaster isn't?

I get why someone would say a Disk'O Coaster is more flat ride than rollercoaster - but surely if that's the case then the Half Pipe is a flat ride too? Neither ride has a 'train' in the traditional sense - both just have seats that spin on a platform. And in some cases the Disk'O coaster can have more 'track' than a Half Pipe.

Or does this just come down to individual preference so far as what you count as a credit?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yeah, pretty much what he said. The Half Pipe does "coast" at some point during the ride.

Having said that, though, I've always kinda felt that they are more of a flat ride that a coaster myself, and if it wasn't for them appearing on many "coaster counting" lists, (and the fact that they are actually quite a lot of fun!), I probably wouldn't bother to ride them or count them myself.

While I personally enjoy a Disk-O, I do like the Half Pipe rides a bit more. Not sure if that counts for anything...