TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sunset Vista [RCT2] - A Brand New Sunset Park

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like every picture I see in these, no offense, I thing the Gunslinger Gulch looks much better now like Abassi, the Blackhawk looks really wonderful, reminds me of Flight Deck from California's Great America, the Arrow Coaster looks Scenic, can't wait to see more pictures of these Awesome Three Coasters, also that Zac Spin, is there any other place in the park to relocate that, cause that makes a very good selection of Coasters, but anyway nice to see this again!

The Zacspin was causing a ton of error trappers just by being open so it was just sitting closed. I tried to fix it a few times but that ride was doomed from the beginning. It caused way too many crashes.

Thanks for commenting! And I agree about gunslinger being better than Abassi but I'll always love that coaster for some reason. Don't be at all surprised to see Sunset Valley re-vamped one day. It would be an enormous undertaking but I'd love to add better foliage, architecture and layouts to that park and re-release it. if that does happen it's release will be years away though so I'm not making any guarantees. lol

This blows the limits of RollerCoaster Tycoon. Sunset Vista may want to get a B&M Giga or Hyper.May be to big though..

Thanks! I played around with the idea of a Hyper (it was a small-ish, compact one like Skyrush) but even that overpowered the rest of the park too much. Right now the park does have a dive coaster well over 100 feet, an old school, intense and snappy invert, a modern GCI with tunnels and a station fly-through, a classic wood coaster, an arrow multi-looper and a huge wingrider so I feel like it's still a solid coaster collection. I also have a few family coasters with Buzzsaw, Goldrusher and Golden Eagle and a kids coaster over by buzzsaw that I just totally re-vamped. I really did try to get a hyper in this park but it wasn't worth it from an aesthetic standpoint. For guests who want a 200 foot drop though there is a 200 foot S&S drop tower which is the tallest ride in the park.

• 1 month later...

to be honest, those chain-link fences are really distracting both to the perspective of the viewer and guest: it's really uninviting and the white color fence not supported with beams looks messy and bad

queue covers are alright but i think the form of them can be way better; roof's nice though, so good job on that

• 1 month later...
I just saw your Sunset Valley on New Element, I'm so pissed that it didn't get a Gold, or a Spotlight, I wish that there was a Logo, & a Full Scale Map for it, but I hope your Sunset Vista will win a Gold, or Spotlight, I really hope to see this!

If you compare it to other Spotlight or Gold parks, its not even close in quality, it got the rating it deserved (honestly a little high in my opinion). Sunset Vista looks to be a solid Silver or a low Gold however, Bill has improved tremendously while building this park, and its becoming one of my favorites.

I just saw your Sunset Valley on New Element, I'm so pissed that it didn't get a Gold, or a Spotlight, I wish that there was a Logo, & a Full Scale Map for it, but I hope your Sunset Vista will win a Gold, or Spotlight, I really hope to see this!

Thanks! I personally felt like it got what it deserved but hopefully Sunset Vista delivers that gold. I plan on submitting that park this week so you should see it released within about a month and when it is I'll be sure to post it here as well. And given the size of Sunset Valley I would extend my deepest sympathies for anyone who had to make a map for it. lol

If you compare it to other Spotlight or Gold parks, its not even close in quality, it got the rating it deserved (honestly a little high in my opinion). Sunset Vista looks to be a solid Silver or a low Gold however, Bill has improved tremendously while building this park, and its becoming one of my favorites.

Thanks for the compliment, and I totally agree with your assessment of Sunset Valley. I didn't feel like it deserved anything more than bronze but I'm very appreciative of the accolade and for everyone taking the time to vote on it.

Just downloaded Sunset Valley and Sunset Vista. My thoughts on sunset valley - I like the park overall, but it didn't blow me away to be honest. I think the size and scale of the park definitely hurt it. It was just hard to keep track of everything in my opinion and seemed a bit cluttered. Architecture was overall good, however, and I like how you used the Hogwarts pieces on Vampires station. Now for Sunset Vista. This is clearly a superior park, not just compared to sunset valley, but compared to a lot of parks. I honestly think this is near the level of Starpointe, Six Flags Santa Fe, and Six Flags Carolina in terms of realistic parks. It is much more tidy than Valley, and is a nice size too. One of my favorite things about Vista is how it's themed, lots of different areas with clear themes like X-Base, for example. I have to say one of my favorite rides was that flume in mountain pass, that was excellent. Gunslinger is a spectacular design as well, with good theming to boot. Another thing that made me like this park so much was the fact that you got those cars to move, that was an awesome touch! Overall, I'd put this in the top 10 of RCT2 parks that I've seen. Really, really good. The attention to detail is amazing, as shown in the buildings across the highway. The amphitheater is great as well. I know this was a lot to read, but I really wanted to let you know how good I think this is.

Thanks for the responses guys! historyfreak92... I hope you read the readme.

Just downloaded Sunset Valley and Sunset Vista. My thoughts on sunset valley - I like the park overall, but it didn't blow me away to be honest. I think the size and scale of the park definitely hurt it. It was just hard to keep track of everything in my opinion and seemed a bit cluttered. Architecture was overall good, however, and I like how you used the Hogwarts pieces on Vampires station.

Wow, thanks for checking out Sunset Valley. You're right... the 2 parks are not on the same level. I feel like I've improved a lot since that park but I still think it's fun and I'm glad you agree.

Now for Sunset Vista. This is clearly a superior park, not just compared to sunset valley, but compared to a lot of parks. I honestly think this is near the level of Starpointe, Six Flags Santa Fe, and Six Flags Carolina in terms of realistic parks. It is much more tidy than Valley, and is a nice size too. One of my favorite things about Vista is how it's themed, lots of different areas with clear themes like X-Base, for example. I have to say one of my favorite rides was that flume in mountain pass, that was excellent. Gunslinger is a spectacular design as well, with good theming to boot. Another thing that made me like this park so much was the fact that you got those cars to move, that was an awesome touch! Overall, I'd put this in the top 10 of RCT2 parks that I've seen. Really, really good. The attention to detail is amazing, as shown in the buildings across the highway. The amphitheater is great as well. I know this was a lot to read, but I really wanted to let you know how good I think this is.

Thanks so much for the great feedback! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed it so much.

Lol... yeah I have them and they're pretty terrible. I'll post them up soon though just for fun.

I still have the occasional thought about fixing Sunset Lake to be accolade quality and submitting it but Sunset Grove, Sunset Hills, Sunset Plains and Sunset Point (all completed parks) are beyond help. lol

Awesome, I'll try to put them up soon... except maybe Sunset Lake. I have plans for Sunset Lake. The other ones are beyond help.

Anyway, is it okay if I whore out one more park? This park was just released yesterday... it's Mineral Springs, a Reddit contest entry which finally popped up on New Element (it's been submitted competitively).

Download Link

It's much smaller than Sunset Vista and was built with an older bench but it's been getting some really positive reviews (which I'm very happy about) and I wanted to share it here.

I'd love to hear what you think.