TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Knott's Halloween Haunt Official Meet

We have just booked our VIP Pre-Scare Dinner. Here are the details:

VIP Pre-Scare Dinner "inside the park" (they wouldn't tell me the exact location)

Time: 5:30 Seating

Cost: $15.95 Per person

With that amount you get dinner and entry into the event 20-30 minutes prior to the general public.

There are a couple other pre-scare dinners, but if you want to meet with the group, you will NEED to do the VIP one, otherwise we can't guarentee being able to meet up before the Hanging because Haunt gets pretty hectic and it's difficult to have to stop.

Once you make your reservation, could you please PM me your confirmation number. I am going to try and call a few days before and get us one big table. For some reason, the idea of doing this seemed quite foreign to them. But I shouldn't be shocked...it's Knott's.

--Robb

If you mean you don't know where its at. A supervisor told me it was at that pizza place in the ghostrider plaza.

_six

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ That is what I thought too, but the person on the phone I spoke to didn't know if it was there or the place over by Boomerang.

I mean, the event starts TOMORROW you would think that Knott's would know this information? Oh, but wait...it's Knott's!

--Robb

I thought it's always been at Auntie Pasta's. That way they can get direct food access from the kitchen.

Then again... it IS Knott's...

By any chance is anyone going this Saturday, October 1st? I'm taking my brother (it'll be his first time) and also meeting up with another friend, but just wondering.

Albert "Hope security doesn't freak at my camcorder or anything" Lam

Well I just mentioned to Robb, I will be there on the 13th.

I'll definatly try and find a few minutes to hang out with everyone as I'll be with a bunch of co-workers who aren't TPR readers. But i'll find some time to escape.

See you all there.

-RD

Albert "Hope security doesn't freak at my camcorder or anything" Lam

Any problems with the camcorder?

--Robb

Hey Al, why do you always have a camcorder with you? If SFMM had a problem with it on Goliath, chances are Knott's won't (mainly because your not taking it on rides).

Darn, I was just informed that I won't be going to Haunt at all this year.

Brent "in the words of Chris 'crazy asian witha camera' " Shenton

There is one at 9:30 pm for sure, the other two are at 8 and 11:30 I believe, I don't have the schedual with me here, but 9:30 for sure.

Also, I just went this week, the Improv at the Birdcage and the prop comic in the Boardwalk Ballroom were both really good. The Hypnotist and the Sword Swallower are pretty tame but the two comedy shows are must hits if time allows.

-Don

-edit- I have the schedual now for thursday the 13th

"The Happiest Hanging on Earth"

8:00/ 9:30/ 10:00

"The Chipper Show" Boardwalk Ballroom (Prop Comedy, Juggling)

8:45/ 10:15/ 11:45

"HACK'S! Side Splitting Improv" Bird Cage Theater (Very Funny Improv)

7:30/ 9:00/ 10:30/ 12:00am - last two shows recommended for Mature Audiences

"Ed Alonzo's Howl-O-Ween house party" Magic/Illusions, two dance numbers

8:30/ 10:00/ 11:30 - Honestly his worst show in 3 years, the magic is still really good...if you've never seen it before. The dance numbers/songs are way down from last year.

"Zamora's Side Show of the Bizarre" Camp Snoopy Stage (Fire eating, body piercing, electroshock)

8:00/ 9:00/ 10:30/ 11:30

No need to get there early for this one, the stage is real small and the show can be seen really well from the midway. Interesting if were passing by at the time.

"The Haunted Hypnotist" Wagon Camp (People from the audience fall asleep onstage)

9:00/ 10:30/ 12:00

Never seen it, might be good, who knows.

After the hanging I would like to recommend one of the two later Hack's shows. Honestly it was one of the funniest shows I've ever seen and stars "Wolfgang" from past Dr. Clever shows. Also he was in the D.U.H. show at DCA among other things. Very good.

Also the prop comic was pretty good, other than those two the rest of them can be missed for mazes, scare zones, and exclusive fried chicken time (EFCT).

-Don

So my plans are I will probably be down at the park between 3 and 4. Anyone who wants to meet up a little earlier for a few rides on XLR8R, just drop me a PM!

Also, Elissa and I probably won't hang out too much longer after the Hanging because we both have to be up for work the next morning and we have an hour drive home that night.

I've also added some more details for the meets on the first page.

This is shaping up to be a really fun group for Thursday night!

--Robb "Looking forward to hanging out with everyone this week!" Alvey

Ok, so I bought the tickets and made the reservation for the 5:30 VIP Pre-Scare...all set!

Question: Where are we supposed to go for the VIP? Do we go the chicken restaurant or in the park or what? I have no clue! (guess I should have asked)

I called and confirmed the dinner as well. The lady told me that the entrance would be behind the chicken dinner restaurant, towards the park exit, and there would be a check-in area clearly marked.

I haven't bought a ticket yet for it, I figure we should be fine though right?

We're we supposed to receive AP coupons? or are they offering the rate w/o?

I called and confirmed the dinner as well. The lady told me that the entrance would be behind the chicken dinner restaurant, towards the park exit, and there would be a check-in area clearly marked.

Cool, thanks. I can stop stressing about that now.

wes (Now I get to stress about the drive down there.)

I am so looking forward to tomorrow. This is the first time that I have been out at a park with other coaster geeks. I have always gone to these events alone and hid in the shadows untill my time to ride.

I fealt cold and shamefull.

It's a breath of fresh air to be out of the closet.

I hope I don't embarass anyone.

Guy " Bursting at the seams" Koepp

^If you're going to be bursting should I bring a poncho?

I'm more excited just to see and hang out with everyone tomorrow than go to the stupid event!

Or maybe it's just the thought of the traffic to get there and back tomorrow that's annoying me!

^ Yeah, traffic is stressing me out too. We're leaving at 3:30, figuring in there will definately be a ton of traffic, I think two hours is enough time to get down there. Hopefully there won't be some major 95 car pile-up or something.