TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Random Orlando Questions for my TPR peeps

disneygurlz2s

Hi Friends,

I am currently attempting to plot out an East Coast, Daytona Beach, Orlando trip for June. Have a couple questions for all my TPR/Central Florida friends.

1) What are Disney/Sea World charging for parking these days?

2) Any thoughts, comments regarding the Marriott World Compount in LBV?

3) Do you get parking refunded if you drive into the Magic Kingdom for dinner at one of the resorts and not go to the park?

4) Anyone have any firsthand knowledge or experience with the Shores Resort in Daytona Beach?

Thanks,

Shari

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Friends,

I am currently attempting to plot out an East Coast, Daytona Beach, Orlando trip for June. Have a couple questions for all my TPR/Central Florida friends.

1) What are Disney/Sea World charging for parking these days?

2) Any thoughts, comments regarding the Marriott World Compount in LBV?

3) Do you get parking refunded if you drive into the Magic Kingdom for dinner at one of the resorts and not go to the park?

4) Anyone have any firsthand knowledge or experience with the Shores Resort in Daytona Beach?

Thanks,

Shari

1) Disney I believe is $14, Sea World is $15 (normal, preferred is more)

2) I'm not the biggest fan of the location, you're really 'stuck' there when you're there. Can't walk to anything. At least if you stay at one of the Downtown Disney area hotels you can walk to stuff. I also feel in Orlando, you should either pay $60 or less or $180 or more. All the hotels in that in between range just really aren't worth it. Either go super cheap cause you won't be in the hotel very much or go for a real nice resort and use it to the fullest. Again, that's just my opinion.

3) Parking is free at the resorts if you're going to dine at one of them. Security has the right to ask for proof of a reservation but usually doesn't, you will have to show ID though.

4) Sorry, can't help you with that one.

^^Ha ha, loved your response about the beach!! I knew you weren't gonna know that one!

Yeah, we have gone back and forth on this. Originally we were going to try an RCCL cruise, but then Sammi and I started with the "and maybe we could spend a day or two in Orlando...." and pretty soon, doing the math, it was like, "Yikes!" and I concluded we could still sit on a beach for a couple days without a cruise. We are trying not to go crazy here, because next year we would like to go to Hawaii for Sammi's 16th birthday and our 20th anniversary. Also, flying and (the cost of) 3 airline tickets, plus a rental car just seemed crazy. So last weekend I plotted out driving from here to Daytona, spending a couple days, touring the Speedway (something we all can agree on), heading to Orlando in time to do Sammi's birthday dinner with the characters, then going to Sea World (Sammi never got to the one in Ohio and we used to take her older 1/2 sissies every year when they were little) and then one or two Disney days. I figure that the only real benefit to staying on Disney property is transportation, but that doesn't get us to Sea World, so it's a matter of justifying an extra $30-$50 a night. Makes more sense to stay cheaper and just pay to park!!