TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Kwansong Yolcha jetcoaster is operating again!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always wondered about a TPR trip to North Korea. They let in about 1000 tourists a year and an organization like TPR could possibly get in. It would be a once in a lifetime opportunity and they a have a a few parks. http://rcdb.com/r.htm?nm=na&pl=26717&ot=2

I think it is pretty clear from looking at all the Trip Reports from TPR Tours that credit whoring is not the main goal of TPR Tours. Robb and Elissa will not waste time taking a group to ride the 7 crappy coasters of North Korea. Unless Intamin, B&M, Intamin, GCI, Intamin, S&S, Intamin, Gravity Group, Intamin, Mack, Intamin, Maurer Sohne, Intamin, Gerstlauer and Intamin put some installations in North Korea I don't see Robb and Elissa wasting their time.

Also going to North Korea to go ride a few rides while the whole nation is under oppression and on the brink of poverty would be a bit insensitive IMO.

North Korea has been well over the brink of poverty and has been residing in a deep canyon of it since the collapse of the Soviet Union. However, I am bizarrely fascinated with North Korea. It's a great study in mass propaganda and totalitarian control. I would actually like to visit the country, but that poses a lot of other problems, both logistical and ethical.

For some good reading about North Korea, I recommend:

Nothing To Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea

The Aquariums of Pyongyang: Ten Years in the North Korean Gulag

Both are fascinating, but horribly depressing.

Edited by mightypotato

• 1 year later...

So this is a bunch of people. Walking on the tracks of Kwansong Yolcha during its defunct period. It has a new paint job now as far as I can tell from pictures. This has the old paintjob and based on the title, is the defunct period.

Edited by GigaG