TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

^ So that explains a conversation that some SFMM employees were having about a raccoon.

And it also explains a a Q & A question at Knott's.

LOL... it was flying around twitter during Magic Mountains ERT... was hilarious...

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the very...mixed things I've heard about SFMM, it was a pretty great day for me.

Besides the obvious lack of X2, Apocalypse had single train, and the operations on Green Lantern were kinda dreadful, but besides that everything ran pretty much fine IMO. Especially Goliath, which operations moved pretty quickly, and it got better each ride! Right at nightfall was supremely epic.

Indeed the ERT was a bit of a let down, esp with unexpected issues like the Yolorollback and some rides being down, BUT what can ya do? Still got a bunch of rides on Yolo and huge kudos to Robb for getting an extension and putting the whole day together.

SFMM has a good selection of coasters, I was surprised how good some were: Goliath, Yolo and I lucked out and had a kick ass ride on Green Lantern. Tatsu was awesome and Riddlers was deff the best standing coaster I've been on by miles. Was a great day, met great people and added a bunch of new creds. All in all was pretty sweet.

Hope TPR does the midwest trip next year

That airtime in the last row of YOLO, wtf!? That was some violent ejector

that was absolutely bad ass.... I didn't expect it... launched my first time with hands up in my own manly pose..... only to have a heart attack when the centrifugal force ended and my rear end and whole body started to peel away from the seat... found my self reaching for anything to keep myself from falling out!!! LOL that was unexpected and AWESOME!!!!

Last row of YOLO was crazy, way better than the front!

Yeah no doubt, front was smoother but back was so much more forceful! The drive was epic, hang time a bit better and that air.

Was a real surprise, and Yolo isnt making my top 10 or anything...but it may actually be close : O

I just wanted to give a big thanks to Robb, Elissa, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Knott's. This was my first TPR event and it won't be my last. I had a great time and met a lot of great people over both days. Surprising rides on the trip were Apocalypse and the Log Ride. And it was fun getting a failed launch on Superman and getting stuck for 20 minutes.

Wow, had a really good time at WCB... met a lot of great people... got some great HANG time on YOLOcoaster, and ran into the Yolo Raccoon in the superman que!!!!

1176363_10151930089309796_1846208559_n.jpg

was pretty funny seeing him run up and down the que line (inside the superman building) before dumpster diving for Nacho cheese and blue balloons, before posing for his picture!!!...

Thanks for showing me that Raccoon in the Superman que, it really made my day. It was nice meeting you and hitting up three of the B&Ms in a row. Night ERT on Superman was awesome, that's where it was at. The raccoon, finally trying Superman backwards, and riding Superman 8 times in a row trying all four rows and both sides were icing on the cake to the first Bash day.

That airtime in the last row of YOLO, wtf!? That was some violent ejector

Full Throttle really impressed me. I had a feeling it was going to be great, but it exceeded my expectations and is now my second favorite ride at the park after X2. During morning ERT I first rode the front row, then the middle section, then the back row, then the back row again because no one was waiting for that row. I thought the front was great until I rode the back, which blew the front away. I only got one nighttime ERT ride as I spent too much time at Superman (it was worth it though), I had to hit up Apocalypse once it was back up running (3 times) and Tatsu (twice), and the loading times on Tatsu were ridiculously slow. Full Throttle was even better at night. I think I might even like it better that Xcelerator. It was great meeting you too by the way.

I wish I YOLO'd and went down the right queue just to witness Mr 'Coon myself. We heeded the warnings when we did our mini SEFK marathon. And up until seeing the photo, I seriously thought it was a joke and we played off of it warning other people as we headed back down the hill (and made up some other random nonsense as well to add to the humor).

YOLO up front was nuts. Pretty much in just about any row, you go from ejector airtime to violently slamming in brakes. I got elbow punched in the cheek by a fellow TPR member/friend when approaching brakes during ERT! Best to brace ourselves for the brakes as we end up tending to 'worship' the ride, bowing forward

I wish I YOLO'd and went down the right queue just to witness Mr 'Coon myself. We heeded the warnings when we did our mini SEFK marathon. And up until seeing the photo, I seriously thought it was a joke and we played off of it warning other people as we headed back down the hill (and made up some other random nonsense as well to add to the humor).

LOL was pretty funny, as I was taking the second photo, right after I snapped it, i noticed 2 girls leaning in to see him, and I said very calmly, but sternly... OMG he has teeth... both girls screamed and ran down the queue... I was ROFLing.