TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Obviously there is no way to know ... but with all of the rides you are getting for ERT I can't imagine that it will be that difficult to get multiple rides on everything. I know that yesterday wasn't too busy and it was a holiday. But as Robb said, if it's a priority then I'd get a Flash Pass.

After morning ERT if Tatsu, Apocalypse, Riddlers and Green Lantern are priorities I'd head there when the park opens. Remember though that Riddlers, Viper and Green Lantern have single rider lines. Everybody is going to go to Full Throttle and Tatsu when the park opens so the back side of the park should be empty until at least noon.

^^ Obviously there is no way to know ... but with all of the rides you are getting for ERT I can't imagine that it will be that difficult to get multiple rides on everything. I know that yesterday wasn't too busy and it was a holiday. But as Robb said, if it's a priority then I'd get a Flash Pass.

After morning ERT if Tatsu, Apocalypse, Riddlers and Green Lantern are priorities I'd head there when the park opens. Remember though that Riddlers, Viper and Green Lantern have single rider lines. Everybody is going to go to YOLOcoaster and Tatsu when the park opens so the back side of the park should be empty until at least noon.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking would be a good idea, maybe hit Tatsu, and then down the mountain to the backside of the park.

My plan of attack for the SFMM day, though I have all of my SFMM credits (excluding Full Throttle) is to hit up the low capacity stuff...like Green Lantern immediately after ERT, then pretty much work counter-clockwise around the park. With SEFK set up for evening ERT, that's 1 less lower capacity attraction to worry about during the normal operating hours. I'm figuring this: most of the crowds will be hitting the closest coasters at the front of the park while the back of the park should be pretty relaxed for a short moment. Eventually the crowds will be everywhere. When I went to SFMM on a Sunday back in April, it was the tail end of spring break for most schools in SoCal. It seemed a bit busy for a Sunday but now thinking about it, I'm guessing that many were wanting to get their last bit of fun out before Spring Break ended. In the end, this is all like predicting the weather.

Something I noticed in high 90's temp when at CGA, most of the general park crowds were pretty dead. There were tons of people at the park but they all flocked to the water rides and the water park. I'm only predicting a similar scenario with Hurricane Harbor being next door. But I don't know SFMM well enough to know its crowd patterns like I know CGA.

I am glad that the 'big ones' (as in the ones I'm primarily after) are included in ERT. I'm less worried about the B&M's (Scream and Batman) when it comes to crowds as they can tend to be people eaters. I found stand up coasters to be a tad slower at loading due to the seating setup.

Random question that maybe a local could answer. If I wanted to take a break on Saturday and watch some college football for a couple of hours, is there a sports bar near SFMM? Thanks in advance!

There are 2 Sports Bars nearby. At bottom of the hill make a right and then make left at 1st light and next to El Torito is a new place called Beef O Bradys it opened 2 months ago and hasn't caught on yet so it wont be crowded at all there.

Another locals favorite is Big Wangs Make a right at bottom of the hill then go right on the old road to the 2nd light on left side is shopping center and Big Wangs is located in shopping center. It will be busy and loud. And next door to it is a cookie place called Lady Di's so save room for a cookie. Or just go to Bev Mo next door and get hammered.

We only live 3 miles from SFMM and Sat is our wedding anniversary so I wont be at SFMM on that day. I was offering our extra room at our house for a TPR-er to crash at on Friday to someone from out of town but so many issue from other party just were not working out so i tabled that idea. We just live off McBean behind the Alamo (Robb would know where that is) who knows maybe tomorrow I will change my mind again.

Have a great Saturday and travel safe all.

Also would it be bad to take your 4 year old daughter to the Knott's Haunt Q&A and maze walk-through?

I was just going to ask right before the tour to confirm that there wouldn't be any actors in there as a surprise/bonus. My six year old has been wanting to do more scary Halloween stuff but I know she's not quite ready for a full HHN or Haunt type attraction. A tour like this though would be perfect for her if there aren't any surprises. Just stick with me or Robb before the tour when we ask to see if it's okay for young kids.

Random question that maybe a local could answer. If I wanted to take a break on Saturday and watch some college football for a couple of hours, is there a sports bar near SFMM? Thanks in advance!

There are 2 Sports Bars nearby. At bottom of the hill make a right and then make left at 1st light and next to El Torito is a new place called Beef O Bradys it opened 2 months ago and hasn't caught on yet so it wont be crowded at all there.

Another locals favorite is Big Wangs Make a right at bottom of the hill then go right on the old road to the 2nd light on left side is shopping center and Big Wangs is located in shopping center. It will be busy and loud. And next door to it is a cookie place called Lady Di's so save room for a cookie. Or just go to Bev Mo next door and get hammered.

We only live 3 miles from SFMM and Sat is our wedding anniversary so I wont be at SFMM on that day. I was offering our extra room at our house for a TPR-er to crash at on Friday to someone from out of town but so many issue from other party just were not working out so i tabled that idea. We just live off McBean behind the Alamo (Robb would know where that is) who knows maybe tomorrow I will change my mind again.

Have a great Saturday and travel safe all.

Thanks! I've actually watched games at Beef O Brady's while vacationing in Florida, so I might go there.

As a piece of advise from a local to all those coming from out of state. This weekend is going to be hot. Dress lightly, especially at SFMM. My gf and I went last year right when the heat wave hit, and I just about passed out from heat exhaustion. A great place to eat inside the park to escape for a little bit is the Mooseburger Lodge, although I don't know how the crowds have been since YOLOcoaster opened up.

See you all Sunday!

If anyone is looking to unload a Knott's day ticket, I'm in the market...

Will

Please note - if anyone ends up with extra tickets due to someone cancelling out, plans changing, etc, it's totally kosher to post the tickets in here. All I ask is that you guys sort out the details on your own and don't involve TPR at all.

Which place by SFMM has the best Happy Hour specials??

Most Happy Hours in Valencia are M-F, so not sure what day your looking for. Black Agnus has great happy hour in bar only and it only has 2 tables in the bar area so its tight, and they wont bend the rules. Elephant Bar is interesting. Tilted Kilt or Big Wangs on Wed is the place to be. $0.99 Coors at Azul Tequila which is very close to SFMM. Best bet head to Valencia mall Town Center and do Bar Crawl lots to choose from there.

Again most Happy Hour Special's are held M-F but I have been wrong over 50% of the time.

Also would it be bad to take your 4 year old daughter to the Knott's Haunt Q&A and maze walk-through?

I was just going to ask right before the tour to confirm that there wouldn't be any actors in there as a surprise/bonus. My six year old has been wanting to do more scary Halloween stuff but I know she's not quite ready for a full HHN or Haunt type attraction. A tour like this though would be perfect for her if there aren't any surprises. Just stick with me or Robb before the tour when we ask to see if it's okay for young kids.

Cool thanks! We *might* take our daughter to her grandparents house before the Haunt stuff.. I know even the Q&A can get a bit twisted for a little girl who is still afraid of the Haunted Mansion elevator