TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea. With X2 looking like it won't be available why don't we do a few hours of a TPR take over of the water park since it will be open!?!? It's going to be a hot day anyway.

I would not be opposed to this, though I might just end up going to the car, throwing on a bathing suit and then napping in the lazy river.

However I do not think that WCB admission includes the waterpark, but I'll have to dig out that combo season pass anyway because I purchased my ticket at the passholder price.

For those still looking for a hotel, the Knott's one is still $62 a night before taxes/fees on Kayak for a single queen bed. That's only $5 more a night then what I paid. EDIT: Never mind, disregard what I just said.

I have an idea. With X2 looking like it won't be available why don't we do a few hours of a TPR take over of the water park since it will be open!?!? It's going to be a hot day anyway.

I would, but it Hurricane Harbor is a separate admission park from SFMM. I would like to go a SoCal water park on Monday after Knott's, but it looks like they will all be closed due to school being back in session. I might hit the beach instead in Santa Monica or Malibu before heading home.

Hi, I'm Anthony! My screenname probably doesn't look familiar because I've only posted a few times, but I enjoy reading the trip reports and discussions on TPR.

I'm coming solo on Sunday for Knott's. I'm a local, I actually live just a few minutes away. I see some solo people are grouping up, mind if I join in?

Hi, I'm Anthony! My screenname probably doesn't look familiar because I've only posted a few times, but I enjoy reading the trip reports and discussions on TPR.

I'm coming solo on Sunday for Knott's. I'm a local, I actually live just a few minutes away. I see some solo people are grouping up, mind if I join in?

2 of us from vegas will be there... always like going with a group...

Looks great.. this will be my third West Coast Bash.. flying all the way from Miami Florida.. I am a carry over from the original thrillride/rideworld group.. ( Coker/Godsey ) and I was at the first event...

A little bummed about X2 closing and I had hoped there would be some night ERT on Goliath because that was amazing the last time I was at WCB.. but a few rides on Tatsu at night ( my fav ride at the park will make up for that )

: )

Paul

^ Yeah, I hear 'ya. Not too much we could do about X2 and since the park doesn't do the "all coasters" ERT anymore, we have to pick and choose. We've had Goliath in the past at night and Tatsu in the morning so we figured change it up a bit. Last year we didn't have Apocalypse at all for ERT, so that was also a nice addition.

Trust me absolutely No bitching here.. that the parks even go out of their way for a small group of people ( few hundred ) is incredible to me... at what is probably great cost to them to keep the park operational above normal hours...

I'll be visiting Disneyland Friday as well too.. first time..

Paul

Random question that maybe a local could answer. If I wanted to take a break on Saturday and watch some college football for a couple of hours, is there a sports bar near SFMM? Thanks in advance!

Yes. Exit Magic Mountain and just go straight under the freeway. In less than a mile you will have your pick of plenty of places to grab a cold one and watch a game or two. I have done this many times in the past. It gets you out of the heat and helps re-energize for the second half. May I recommend the Elephant Bar. First shopping center on your left. You can't miss it.