TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully, my SF gold pass gets us free parking at the Mountain...not sure if the Knott's Hotel charges for parking during our stay but if not, then no parking either (quick walk around the corner to park entrance)...otherwise, we'll just split the cost on it

Can't wait, only 2.5 weeks to go!

I am traveling alone all the way from Baltimore, Maryland for both days of West Coast Bash this year. I am planning to spend most of the day on Friday at Disneyland/California Adventure. Both parks are open until 10pm. Anyone want to meet me there? I'd hate to be the sad, lonely guy all by myself on the Alice In Wonderland ride!

-Jason

^ It's possible, I'm driving down from NorCal on Friday, it'd take about 9 hours for me to get from my house to the park entrance, but if I got an early enough start I might be able to make it down at about 4 or 5pm, that would still give me enough time to walk around and do a few things.

Just bought my ticket for SFMM I cant wait to meet some new friends, my only concern is how will we know when our purchase has been processed if we paid via Pay Pal? I did not see a return to merchant "button".

The button wasn't "return to merchant" but was something similar like "return to Theme Park Review Store" or something like that. Check your email to see if PayPal emailed you saying it the charge would show up on your CC statement as PayPal*Elissa and that the payment was made to Elissa Alvey. That's what it did for me when I bought my WCB tickets several days ago.

Okay, Thanks and yes I received the email, I'm so excited!

I bought my tickets and booked a room at the Buena Park Courtyard for Saturday night. This will be my first year going solo (usually my dad joins me), so I'm hoping to see some familiar faces. Also, I'm pretty excited that I'll have several new rides to experience, since Drop of Doom was closed on my last visit, and this will be my first visit to Knott's this year. Plus, I'll get to boost my YOLOcoaster ride count (currently at 1x).

^ It's possible, I'm driving down from NorCal on Friday, it'd take about 9 hours for me to get from my house to the park entrance, but if I got an early enough start I might be able to make it down at about 4 or 5pm, that would still give me enough time to walk around and do a few things.

Cool. Let me know!

-Jason

I sent my payment last friday and I still haven't gotten a confirmation email.

If you paid by Paypal, than your receipt from Paypal is your confirmation. Also, this was in the FAQ:

If you have any questions about registration you may email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

I really want to go, but my wife's due date is only 2 weeks after the event. I know I should be a good husband and stay, but I've never been a good husband.

I really want to go, but my wife's due date is only 2 weeks after the event. I know I should be a good husband and stay, but I've never been a good husband.

Ah yes, I remember those few weeks before my wife's due date...all pins and needles. If it's any reassurance, first births are rarely early, typically on time or late. However, if you do come to WCB and your wife goes into labor, I assume no responsibility for your decision

Congratulations on your upcoming fatherhood. You'll have a blast!

Your in-laws can take care of her! Better yet, bring Amy along.

Wow, I can't believe after all of these years, my significant other and I are finally / actually registered for a WCB (the stars actually aligned this year, or something). Happy to finally be making it... and maybe even hear a few good California traffic rants from Robb, in-person! /grins

Edit: And yes, I probably need to post more...

Confirmation email, well that's good to know after all this I can absolutely attend

So stoked, I'll be arriving in SF this Sat and my CA vacation begins, ending with the WCB a week later at SFMM.

Looking forward to meeting ya guys, and thanks to the ones that offered to be park buddies so I'm not forever alone