TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

Yay! Can't wait for WCB, haven't been to a TPR event for a while. Stupid car crash kept me off coasters for a while, but I went to SFMM last month with no trouble. Morgan will be thrilled, Full Throttle is fun!!!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Robb -

I'm heading to WCB and will be at Cedar Point the following weekend... If I bought a voucher for a season pass, would that be usable for WCB even though I wouldn't have processed it yet?

... And for anyone else:

Does anyone know when Cedar Fair switches into that "If you buy a season pass now, it's good for 2014 also" mode? September? October?

Thanks everyone!

-Matt

I'm putting my check in the mail today. For both events. This will only be the 2nd TPR event that I have ever attended, so be please gentle! Bizarro Bash a couple of years ago was my first. I am looking forward to both parks since I was in Cali earlier this year before either of the new coasters (or the refurbished log flume) opened! Now, if I could only find a way to squeeze Great America in on this trip, I'd be golden!

-Jason

Finally my friends and I are going to the event together, and I've just bought the tickets!! It will be our first time in the West Coast, and we're looking forward to enjoying Magic Mountain with all of you. Besides, one of my friends is a terrific magician so you're going to freak out when you see what he's capable of!

BTW, I have a question about the T-shirts: will you send them to my address or you'll give them to us in the park??

Pay Pal order done for SFMM!

Shame I cant make KBF but I have other obligations and chose the more coasters.

Also stoked to finally see Cali, gunna be a helluva trip

Edit: Hope I wasn't too late, just need pay pal to hurry up and process!

Yup, account been debited, guess there's no turning back now!

Only detail left TBD is if I should be good and rent cheapest car possible, or rent a convertible...I do plan to drive the PCH from SF to LA after all

Only detail left TBD is if I should be good and rent cheapest car possible, or rent a convertible...I do plan to drive the PCH from SF to LA after all

You have to think about this? Bring on the SPF 50!

It's the wallet that's holding me back, then again...I'm already going out here to live it up so why the hell not?

Sorry to drift from park stuff but does anyone know if the PCH can realistically be done in a day? Making just a few brief stops along the way? I felt fine after 9 hours in the car, and 12 "on the road" going to Cedar Point and I didn't even use red bulls!

It's the wallet that's holding me back, then again...I'm already going out here to live it up so why the hell not?

Sorry to drift from park stuff but does anyone know if the PCH can realistically be done in a day? Making just a few brief stops along the way? I felt fine after 9 hours in the car, and 12 "on the road" going to Cedar Point and I didn't even use red bulls!

I have the same problem. My wallet is huge and causes quite a dent in my ass. That's why I now only wear pants with side pockets. I don't wanna ruin the money maker.

PCH can totally be driven from SF to LA in a day.

Some cool places to stop and checkout right off PCH are:

You probably don't have time, but the Monterey Bay Aquarium is one of the best aquariums in America, IMO.

McWay Falls in Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park in Big Sur. It's right off the freeway and super short hike (1/4 mile?) to get to an overlook of the waterfall and cove. Absolutely gorgeous.

If you want kitschy, check out the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo. Super gaudy interior and the men's restroom has been shown on several travel shows. There's a stone "waterfall" urinal.

For really good clam chowder, stop at the Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach. I always stop there if i'm in the area. Make sure you get the seafood topper. http://www.yelp.com/biz/splash-cafe-pismo-beach

Thanks, if I do decide to do it in 2 days and stop for the night it actually was gunna be in Pismo Beach.

I may not hit up the aquarium but I am planning to stop in Monterey as well, looks amazing.

PCH from SF to LA is beautiful, but just keep in mind it's going to take you about 8-9 hours vs. the normal 5-6 hours. Plus there are more places you'll likely want to stop to take pictures, etc so I'd give yourself at least 12 hours.

That said, if you have the time you won't be disappointed.

Also, there are a couple of spots you can kind of "skip". If you are just driving to SFMM and using the 126 to get there from the 101, once you hit Pismo Beach (heading south) I'd actually just stay on the 101. There really isn't much through that area and it doesn't really go along the coast too much. If you want to take another nice road you could take the 154 through Santa Ynez wine country and down into Santa Barbara.

PCH from SF to LA is beautiful, but just keep in mind it's going to take you about 8-9 hours vs. the normal 5-6 hours. Plus there are more places you'll likely want to stop to take pictures, etc so I'd give yourself at least 12 hours.

That said, if you have the time you won't be disappointed.

Also, there are a couple of spots you can kind of "skip". If you are just driving to SFMM and using the 126 to get there from the 101, once you hit Santa Maria (heading south) I'd actually just stay on the 101. There really isn't much through that area and it doesn't really go along the coast too much. If you want to take another nice road you could take the 154 through Santa Ynez wine country and down into Santa Barbara.

I have the time and more so...I won't be in CA again for, well it's taken me 11 years thus far So I can't miss out, the pics are too amazing. Yeah honestly I'm more or less just gunna drive it, and make a few brief stops like Monterey, Bixby Bridge, Big Sur but not dawdle too much. From what I can tell the Monterey to Santa Maria stretch is the best so I may do what you say and hop on 101 from there. I can handle 10-12 hours so I may just do it, crash in LA then SFMM is the next day.

Regardless I'm stoked for everything, topped off with all that ERT

Thanks all