TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

Here, I'll give you the Q&A:

It's kind of sad that is what the Q&A has become...whether you love or hate Tim Burkhart, he has been at the park since 1977 and in charge of construction for quite awhile. I'm sure he has plenty of stories/photos/videos/old concept art he could share even if he can't go into detail about future projects.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go to this event regardless of the details, and have already bought my tickets. For me the t-shirt, the food, the backstage tours, and the presentation are all incidental to the event. For me West Coast Bash is all about ERT. So it doesn't really bother me that the SFMM tours and presentation have been taken off the menu, but I am concerned about the reduction of ERT and the number of coasters offered. It seems like SFMM is going backwards:

• 3 years ago: 5 coasters for morning ERT, all coasters for evening ERT, 4 hours total.
    2 years ago: 6 coasters for morning ERT, all coasters for evening ERT, 4 hours total.
    Last year: 5 coasters for morning ERT, 4 coasters for evening ERT, 4 hours total.
    This year: 5 coasters total, 3 hours total.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still amazed that this happens at all and will always be grateful to Robb and Elissa for introducing me to those three magic letters (E, R and T). The price is still very reasonable as well.

I have no knowledge of WCB attendance numbers, but looking at the group photos for the last 3 years it seems like attendance has increased every year. I think last year we even shared the SFMM day with another enthusiast group and that was apparent at ERT. Given these factors, I'm wondering if we can still expect ERT with empty air gates or if we should expect short waits.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to it.

So it doesn't really bother me that the SFMM tours and presentation have been taken off the menu, but I am concerned about the reduction of ERT and the number of coasters offered. It seems like SFMM is going backwards:

• 3 years ago: 5 coasters for morning ERT, all coasters for evening ERT, 4 hours total.
    2 years ago: 6 coasters for morning ERT, all coasters for evening ERT, 4 hours total.
    Last year: 5 coasters for morning ERT, 4 coasters for evening ERT, 4 hours total.
    This year: 5 coasters total, 3 hours total.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still amazed that this happens at all and will always be grateful to Robb and Elissa for introducing me to those three magic letters (E, R and T). The price is still very reasonable as well.

I have no knowledge of WCB attendance numbers, but looking at the group photos for the last 3 years it seems like attendance has increased every year. I think last year we even shared the SFMM day with another enthusiast group and that was apparent at ERT. Given these factors, I'm wondering if we can still expect ERT with empty air gates or if we should expect short waits.

We always scale our number of tickets available based on the amount of ERT we have, so I wouldn't expect any waits. As far as what's being offered this year, well, you may have answered your own questions when you said "It seems like SFMM is going backwards"

--Robb

^Was just going to post something similar. We will not be 'sharing' with any other group this year and if SFMM cannot put on a TPR quality level event we will stop the event and take our business elsewhere in the future.

Thanks for the additional info Rob and Elissa from yesterday (i.e. no additional surprises coming)...making SFMM in the AM would have been tough and I was about to ask if you can pick up your stuff later in the day at willcall and we might make the evening but based on the offering from the folks at that park, I think we'll only hit KBF on Sunday this year...the fact that its only 15 mins away is just an added Bonus...!

I have a question: I deposited $250 for the Texas/Midwest trip and bowed out of it; I kept it on the table for West Coast Bash. How do I use it for purchasing the tix?

Send Elissa and email about it.

Honestly, in my experience with TPR events, for the most part you don't need a FlashPass.

You figure you are going to get ERT on X2, Tatsu, Apocalypse, Full Throttle, Lex Luthor and Goliath. So you won't have any need to ride them during the day if you ride them during Morning/Night ERT.

When the park opens hit the other rides that could get long lines like Superman, Green Lantern and Riddlers. That leaves the rest of the day to get on the rest of the coasters, which shouldn't be a problem. It's also an off-season Saturday and isn't during Fright Fest. Unless there is some kind of school event (Physics Day, etc) then it shouldn't be too busy.

Honestly, in my experience with TPR events, for the most part you don't need a FlashPass.

You figure you are going to get ERT on X2, Tatsu, Apocalypse, YOLOcoaster, Lex Luthor and Goliath. So you won't have any need to ride them during the day if you ride them during Morning/Night ERT.

When the park opens hit the other rides that could get long lines like Superman, Green Lantern and Riddlers. That leaves the rest of the day to get on the rest of the coasters, which shouldn't be a problem. It's also an off-season Saturday and isn't during Fright Fest. Unless there is some kind of school event (Physics Day, etc) then it shouldn't be too busy.

Just hope and pray that WCB doesn't happen to fall on Brazilian Coaster day. We wouldn't be able to have Q & A because there would be screaming people in neon yellow shirts blocking the theater.

I found Robb's trip report to DHS, the other day, very interesting as you can tell. LOL

^^We were actually discussing while at Hollywood Studios why the groups haven't left the Orlando/Florida area yet. It seems like they'd be much better at parks like Six Flags than the Orlando ones! I mean, can you just imagine thousands of them at SFMM! PERFECT!!!

^^ I just watched the Vine vid of all of those 500+ decibel screaming girls on ToT. I know it's quite normal for people to scream loud on ToT, but these girls' screams are just a whole new level of eardrum bursting!

Robb's report of DHS shows a bad enough day, and while it would be quite fitting to have these people at SFMM rather than a place like WDW, I can only imagine what a day at SFMM would be like with them, considering the park's reputation for ride operations.

I'm a bit concerned as well, based on rants I saw. Nothing annoys me more than those excessively shrill high-db screams (I will bring ear plugs), not to mention, GP who like to just flood the queue entry but not actually in line. I'm glad I have most of my SFMM credits, just need YOLO and maybe borrow a kid to get Magic Flyer... Knott's, I just need Pony and Coast Rider.

Still need to register for this (figuring out travel plans before I hit the dispatch button) but should be a great event nonetheless.