TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I have only been to one WCB, but nighttime X2 ERT was probably the highlight for me. I rode like 15 times! My body was so damaged...

LOL

Thats why Im kind of hoping for morning, get it out of the way once, spare my body, and continue on!

Unless the ride turns out to be really epic, like with I305...did it 12 times in a row at ERT and stopped when my grey outs got to blocking 80% of my vision

^I have only been to one WCB, but nighttime X2 ERT was probably the highlight for me. I rode like 15 times! My body was so damaged...

LOL

Thats why Im kind of hoping for morning, get it out of the way once, spare my body, and continue on!

Unless the ride turns out to be really epic, like with I305...did it 12 times in a row at ERT and stopped when my grey outs got to blocking 80% of my vision

Everyone seems to have very drastically differing opinions of X2. X2 is one of my top favorite steel coasters and I'm so excited at the idea of having ERT, but I know some enthusiasts who hate X2 and wouldn't want to marathon it.

Yes I have heard mixed things, and those who do like it insist on an inside row near the front, Robb himself was quite adamant and I'm not gunna doubt him! I doubt i'll marathon anyway, seems like there are better rides and there's just too many.

Looking forward to it! Can't wait to try out the Yolo coaster!

I wonder if the SFMM staff will be confused when everyone at WCB calls it full throttle.

I'm assuming there will be a world record amount of "YOLOing" that night.

I wonder if the SFMM staff will be confused when everyone at WCB calls it YOLOcoaster.

I'm assuming there will be a world record amount of "YOLOing" that night.

I'm wondering this myself. You know there are going to be plenty of videos! Maybe Robb should do a POV video of YOLOcoaster, and instead of yelling out "TWISTY!" like with his I305 video, he can yell out "YOLO!" Now that would be hilarious!

by any chance how much was the WCB price last year? this will be my 1st trip and I'm excited

I only went to SFMM last year, but I checked the receipt I was emailed after purchasing tickets. Keeping in mind that I didn't have my 2012 Six Flags season pass yet, I wasn't a Club TPR member (planning on changing that sometime though!), and that I didn't do the add-on dinner, the total came out to $55.

Obviously it was slightly cheaper if you already had a Six Flags season pass and/or were a Club TPR member. I couldn't find a price from Knott's, but if I remember correctly it was around the same price.

And you should be excited- WCB is AWESOME! I've been attending each year since the 2010 Bash and it's one of my favorite weekends of the year!

Edit: Sorry if we're not supposed to discuss the price. I didn't see anything saying that it can't be mentioned, but I understand if it's an issue (such as not wanting members to compare/criticize pricing from year to year). I'm just trying to be helpful!

• 1 month later...
Hope we can have a log ride walk thru this year at Knotts

It's the #1 thing on my wish list! Hoping I can pull that off!

--Robb

That was the best thing ever!! Would love to do it again. Can't wait for a fall WCB, we will be there and the weather should be amazing and I hope both parks can have their new stuff open... lol we'll see... I expected to see a lot more track for the YOLOcoaster than I saw today.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to be patient for an update on pricing and all. Just kind of hard when I got the requested time off work already and am so excited to go! My first and only other WCB was 2010 and this time I'm looking forward to enjoying this event with my lovely girl friend. We are also getting Disneyland AP's and going there for the week after this event.

Yeah same, and I have a cross country trip to make and a rental car to buy so I've been anxious to hear pricing knowing I'll have to buy much of this ahead of time. But what can ya do? Just start saving up!

• 3 weeks later...

^^^If you're travelling from out of state for the event, you really should attend both days. Each has its pros and cons. SFMM has a great coaster collection with lots of ERT and tends to offer more surprise activities, but their 2012 event was relatively lackluster compared to previous years. Knott's may not have as impressive of a lineup for ERT sessions, but they've offered some excellent backstage tours and usually have a much more interesting presentation than SFMM (plus the lunch at Knott's is typically better than the lunch at SFMM, although SFMM also provided breakfast).

In my opinion, SFMM is the better day if you just want to ride coasters, but Knott's tends to beat it in every other area of the event. I had more fun at SFMM in 2010, in 2011 both days were about equal, but last year Knott's blew SFMM away.