TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is some great news! If WCB had been in a few weeks, finances and family issues might have caused me to have to miss another year, but with this being in September and with plenty of advance time and planning, I should be able to make it this year; not only that, will get to try out the new SFMM/KBF additions. Eagerly looking forward to more details as they become available.

I am theorizing that since this is so close to Haunt, TPR won't be doing a haunt day at KBF this year...

That's correct. I would say that our days of doing a Haunt event are pretty much done, sadly. But never say never!

Hope we can have a log ride walk thru this year at Knotts

It's the #1 thing on my wish list! Hoping I can pull that off!

I probably wouldn't have been able to make it this year with the usual dates, so I'm all for the date change. Thanks!

Really glad everyone is ok with the date change. We went back and forth on this quite a bit, and for this year it just seemed to make more "sense" to do it after the summer months.

--Robb

I'm excited for this! Initially I was thinking it would have been around February like last year, (would have been a nice birthday treat for myself ) but it's understandable that having it at the later date opens up the door to check out YOLOcoaster, and KBF's Flyers (mmmm....new flyer credit, can compare them to CGA's/my home park's flyers/Larson flyer prototype) and Coast Rider. I definitely need to do it this year and am excited for it already! Would be a good close to the end of the park season finale for me. 2013 sounds like it's going to be an epic theme park year for me!

Would this be a good event to attend as part of a first time visit to Knott's / SFMM? I recently moved to the west coast, and have been planning on taking a trip down to L.A. to hit up these parks sometime this year. While this sounds like a great event to plan my trip around, I'm not sure if I'd have time to do all the major rides at SFMM in a day, along with all the event activities (even if I buy a FlashPass). Seems like it would feel a bit overwhelming / rushed. What do you guys think?

Would this be a good event to attend as part of a first time visit to Knott's / SFMM? I recently moved to the west coast, and have been planning on taking a trip down to L.A. to hit up these parks sometime this year. While this sounds like a great event to plan my trip around, I'm not sure if I'd have time to do all the major rides at SFMM in a day, along with all the event activities (even if I buy a FlashPass). Seems like it would feel a bit overwhelming / rushed. What do you guys think?

My advice would be... PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT!!!!

It would absolutely be a good event to attend as part of your first visit. With the likely low crowds in September and the amount of ERT the event typically has, you'll have no problem getting on all the major rides at either park, even without a Flash Pass/Fast Lane. I've made my first visit to several other parks as part of a TPR bash event, and at each one I think I probably rode more than I would have just visiting on my own, and at no point did I feel like I wouldn't finish everything I wanted to do. If you're really concerned about rides, you can always buy a skip the line pass or skip any part of the event that doesn't interest you (I've skipped a couple photo walkbacks in the past, for example), but there shouldn't be any issues in September.

I'm super excited for this event. I've gone the past 3 years and had a great time every single year.

I could very well get my 50th credit this WCB.

September can you please come quickly? But not too quickly, I need time to save up money.

I guess it falls to me to be the first dissenting voice...

I dislike the move to September. As one of the admittedly few runners here on TPR, my late summer/September trip to the west coast is centered around the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend. Justifying two trips a week apart or even a full week out to be able to do both race weekend and WCB is more than likely a no-go for me.

I hope you all enjoy WCB13, and I'll hope to see it return to it's old time frame for 2014. I'll miss you.

I guess it falls to me to be the first dissenting voice...

There always has to be one!

I hope you all enjoy WCB13, and I'll hope to see it return to it's old time frame for 2014. I'll miss you.

I wouldn't count on it.

--Robb "It's impossible to please everyone, no matter how hard we may try." Alvey

I'm running the 1/2 marathon before, and will also be doing WCB the next weekend. Two weekends in a row for Disneyland and LA Parks is definitely going to be amazing. Those two event are my favorites of the year so I will definitely make the time for it. It's kind of better for us because we can accrue more vacation time for that. It really is the best theme park event in the world! Can't wait!

Looks awesome. Very tempted to sort out a quick trip to LA for this if I can get a good deal on flights. Already heading stateside in May so will see where I'm at after that. Is it likely to sell out before June?