TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vialand (Turkey) Intamin LSM Construction

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top hat, airtime hill, Immelmann, twisty divey thing, zero-G roll.

I know this really isn't a good comparison, but I get a huge Storm Runner vibe from this coaster.

Holy freaking crap!

That is really cool looking!

The turn after the Immelmann looks to be faster than the one after the loop on Blue Fire!

Let's hope this one gets the new lap bar only trains.

*Booking trip to Turkey*

Edited by _koppen

Okay, the ride is done,and it is simply stunning!

I think this is the first Intamin Top Hat to use triangle track instead of the square one, but I'm not 100% sure.

And the absolute best part is lap bars only! (the train does look odd with only 2 cars).

The ride will have a rolling launch, and ejector is promised on the hill after the top hat.

Source

Isn't it normal for Intamin to make a pull-through with a two car train?

Yeah, but they have placed the last car of the train right after the first car (see the themed wheels) which is something they don't usually do.

Top Thrill Dragster opened missing a Car. The Train looks like those used on the Blitz Coasters, with the Smaller Diameter Road Wheels on the Front, so I'm willing to bet it will be 3 Car Train(s) like Maverick and iSpeed.

Great that Intamin has finally decided to use lapbar-only restraints on inverting and/or launched coasters. I presume they will also be much more accomodating to tall people (I'm nearly 6 feet 7 inches). The over-the-shoulder part of their Over-the-shoulder-lapbars like used on most of their recent installations (e.g. Desert Race in Heide Park) hurts my shoulders badly...

Yeah, that train looks like a blitz. Hey, is this even an accelerator coaster? the train and the layout makes me think it's a blitz. Here are the elements in order:

Top Hat

Airtime Hill

Immelmann

Outside Banked Turn

Turn

Zero-G Roll

This thing's gonna be pretty short.

Edited by coolkid

^ In my opinion, the tubular supports are visually more pleasing than the rectangular ones. Especially with the triangular track, which is already edgy enough.

I think the decision which kind of supports will be used is made by the park, als the multilooper in Cinecitta uses the "new style", rectangular ones, for example.

Isn't it normal for Intamin to make a pull-through with a two car train?

Yeah, but they have placed the last car of the train right after the first car (see the themed wheels) which is something they don't usually do.

Top Thrill Dragster opened missing a Car. The Train looks like those used on the Blitz Coasters, with the Smaller Diameter Road Wheels on the Front, so I'm willing to bet it will be 3 Car Train(s) like Maverick and iSpeed.

That article said that there would be 4-car trains. It also interests me that apparently there will be a drop into a launch. Has Intamin ever done that?

That article said that there would be 4-car trains. It also interests me that apparently there will be a drop into a launch. Has Intamin ever done that?

They've done plenty of rolling launches but never directly after a small drop, to my knowledge.

• 1 month later...

It now says on their website that it will be available in November. It used to say October, but that was probably a bit optimistic. The trains was on the track when the last pictures was taken, 1,5 months ago, so I would assume that testing has been done, and that the ride is close to opening.

• 2 weeks later...