TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vialand (Turkey) Intamin LSM Construction

Vialand is a new park being built in the center of Istanbul and will feature 2 new Intamin Coasters. A new LSM coaster and a family coaster. The Concept art makes it look huge and it will certainly have a tophat.

The park has been under construction for some time and has recently taken delivery of track.

Family Coaster

LSM Coaster.

Looking forwards to see what the layout for this will be

Source http://www.vhcoasters.com

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Istanbul not Constantinople! Now it's Istanbul not Constantinople!.."

Excited to see this park and coaster progress. Especially since there isn't really many Intamin Projects to follow this off season so far. Liking the look of that huge immelman (I think, it looks like it enters from the bottom). Kinda cool coincidence considering that a friend of mine just planned a trip to Istanbul, before this opens however.

Awesome! It looks to be comparable to iSpeed, I'm excited to see how this turns out, as well as the new Intamin opening in 2014 in Romon World in China.

The one in Romon World will be a Kanonen clone, just with a lift hill and drop before the top hat instead of a launch.

Since there is more space avalible for it, some of the transitions have been worked out to provide a better ride.

"Istanbul not Constantinople! Now it's Istanbul not Constantinople!.."

Especially since there isn't really many Intamin Projects to follow this off season so far.

Really?

You have 2 coasters for this park.

You have 2 coasters for Cincinnati World, Italy.

10-inversion coaster for Hopi Hari.

10-inversion coaster for Chongqing Safari Park (this is the only one there are no pictures of so far).

Fly Rider for victory Kingdom.

Moto coaster for Djurs Sommerland.

That's 8 coaster you can follow, that's more than what they usually builds in an off season.

We have vertical construction on the Family Coaster. Intamin Family coasters seem to be reasonably rare so looking forwards to see how this shapes up.

This park is supposed to open in three months, right? According to their website?

The website (translated with google) says

Vialand aims to be the actual address of the shopping and entertainment, will open its doors to visitors for the first time April 23 in 2013.

Make of that what you will. I agree the park doesn't look like its far enough along to open then.

It could just mean the area on top of the ridge which appears to be a shopping arcade, but that looks about as finished.

Is this Launched Intamin going to be a Blitz or a Rocket?

To be honest I'm not well versed in the difference, If the renderings are anywhere near accurate it looks like an LSM version of rides like Xcellerator.

The Family coaster is going up quickly. Looks like Part of the lift track is up as well as some good low to the ground turns on the left. I think the first drop looks like it curves down to the right and then rises to the left up and round to that high support on the far right of the pic.

The LSM track is still on the ground.

Could these be the footers for the LSM track?

Sources: http://www.vhcoasters.com & http://wowturkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2975549&sid=bbf8e861018fa41fda34a3e0f2353296

A Blitz?

I'm curious to know what makes an Intamin "Blitz" a "Blitz", especially when a "Blitz" coaster doesn't even exist on Intamin's website...

EDIT: And for the record, iSpeed is pictured on the "LSM Launch Coaster" page along with Cheetah Hunt.

A Blitz?

I'm curious to know what makes an Intamin "Blitz" a "Blitz", especially when a "Blitz" coaster doesn't even exist on Intamin's website...

EDIT: And for the record, iSpeed is pictured on the "LSM Launch Coaster" page along with Cheetah Hunt.

It seems like "Blitz" was the old name for the LSM Launch coaster as the PDF file of the LSM Launch coaster on Intamin's website shows Maverick & iSpeed which means Intamin classifies Maverick & iSpeed as Intamin LSM Launch coasters. Though, RCDB lists Maverick & iSpeed as Blitz coasters. So, it's probably Intamin just changing the name of the model line thus Blitz & LSM Launch are the same thing.

• 1 month later...