TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Unique Coaster Elements

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One spot that comes to mind is the s-drop/last-curve-before-brakes area on Viper at Magic Mountain. For a couple track ties, it seems the track is banked the wrong way. I have a feeling this may have been Arrow "doing the best they could with the track turning left then quickly right" or some sort of shortcut; a mistake, etc. It's a weird spot I never hear anyone talk about. Harmless, but strange.

Another strange element that never saw the light of day:

This one really is as unique as they get. The ultra twister dive loop at Rusutsu Resort.

I think this qualifies as unique. Instead of a traditional chain lift this coaster at Hokkaido Greenland in Japan uses a belt system like your standard log flume.

The park also has an odd twist on the standard loopscrew

I think that we can just include ANYTHING made by Pax, they are CRAZY!

WTF IS THIS?!

The only Kiddie Coaster with ejector airtime!

Yet another ride from RCT3 that actually exists....

Weirdest lift hill ever.....

EDIT: I found a good POV of Cobra at Coney Land (the first one).

The inclined loop (basically a vertical loop leaning to one side, not fully inverting) debuted on Cedar Point's Mantis:

Photo courtesy of RCDB

Appeared next on Chang at Kentucky Kingdom:

Photo courtesy of RCDB

Which was transferred to SFGAdv and opened as Green Lantern:

Photo courtesy of RCDB

And it is featured on Riddler's Revenge at SFMM:

Photo courtesy of RCDB

These are all B&M stand up coasters I've had the privilege to ride, and I enjoyed all of them, with my favorite being Mantis. The element itself is kinda of just "there" for me, not really adding to or detracting from the fun of the ride. Since it does not totally invert, it provides some laterals and is slightly disorienting.

To my knowledge the only other coaster this element appears on is a Top Fun Typhoon currently operating at Hillpark Sibolangit (Sibolangit, North Sumatra, Indonesia):

Photo courtesy of RCDB

The Katapult loop is an interesting element as well

They REALLY need to bring one of these back. From my viewpoint they look absolutley kickass and it's a cryin' shame that they're probably rusting in some warehouse in Europe.

Just watch, for all we know, Dorney will open one

I so wish I could ride more of these.

Looks like what Drachen Fire's cutback might should have been if they weren't trying to make it an unambiguous inversion. Proper simulation opens new possibilities for these kinds of elements, although Rocky Mountain seems the only ones doing them, steelie makers where are you?

I invented that element (well came up with it about 10 years ago). I called it the "true double sidewinder helix" ... Vekoma used the term "double sidewinder helix" to describe an element on the SLC, probably the pretzel loop. This one is more like a Cobra Roll in including the entire sidewinders, but unlike the Cobra it doesn't reverse the twisting momentum or act as a 180 degree turn.

LOL

Nobody mentioned the Bent Cuban Eight on G-force:

And the Jr. Immelmann on Black Mamba:

And the Roll Out on Volcano, The Blast Coaster:

And the Vertical Spiral on Kingda Ka and Top Trill Dragster:

And the High Five on Dualing Dragon:

And the Half-Pipe:

Page 1 of the thread

Here's the Bent Cuban Eight on Drayton Manor's G-Force. The element and coaster are absolutely dreadful. Maurer Sohne did replicate the element in 2012 for a coaster in Iraq. Probably as a torture device.

Page 1 of the thread

Here's the Bent Cuban Eight on Drayton Manor's G-Force. The element and coaster are absolutely dreadful. Maurer Sohne did replicate the element in 2012 for a coaster in Iraq. Probably as a torture device.

That isn't a picture of the Bent Cuban Eight that was posted. It's a picture of the Loop Lift, which is what I though you were referring to. The Bent Cuban Eight is the series of 2 inversions after the hill. Also the coaster in Iraq is a clone of G-force.

many of you know the elements of "Heiße Fahrt" in Klotten, Germany. It has some nice unique elements, like the helix and the four bunny hops:

source: http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/klotten/klottenmain.shtml

don`t want to spoil it directly in here, but the winjas are really unique, here some pics of the lift system(very unique one, too):

If you want to know more about the special elements there is a nice (german) report that explains how they get the winja and their effects (spoiler!!!) to work everyday, go on the source of the pics: http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/wuzebts/wuzetown3.php

and of course the PAX - Formula 1 Coaster in France, Saint Paul-Park, with wrong banked curves and strange double up:

source: http://rcdb.com/2664.htm

and an onride:

Sky Scrapper / Starry Sky Ripper's 540* Fly-to-Lie is one of the most unique elements I know of. The Fly-to-Lie > Loop > Lie-to-Fly combo looks like it kicks ass. I hope they build a flyer like this in the US in the future!

3ot2qd99n0tvghkn932s00.jpg.be6245989b717c66cdef83d6d6e31259.jpg