TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Disney reveals details on Walt Disney World MyMagic+

One FP+ question I haven't been able to find an answer to so far. I understand it's possible to pre-book three FP+ times at one park, and once those are used up, use the kiosks or app to book additional rides one at a time. Does this have to be in the same park as the original three FPs?

For example, can I use three pre-booked FPs in the morning at Epcot, then select another FP+ for Hollywood Studios on my phone? Or does it have to all be in the same park?

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished paying off our family trip to WDW this summer! Can't wait!

I've been keeping tabs on the Fastpass+ system since it's been rolled out at the first of the year. When do we think we will start to see the system be expanded to more Fastpasses per park and/or see the ability to park hop?

I love the fact we'll be able to pre-plan our Fastpasses, but does anyone think the system will be expanded come the first of June? (We're going June 8th - 15th)

^ I don't buy it. First off, I think these websites are pushing data around to make it appear as though we need these "wait time sites" as they are grasping at straws to prove their are relevant as soon they won't be anymore. And you can show me as much fake "data" as you want, our actual in-park experiences have been completely opposite.

Again, I just think there are so many people hell-bent on bitching and complaining and proving how terrible the system is... BEFORE THE SYSTEM IS FULLY ROLLED OUT and it's completely stupid. People REALLY need to stop complaining about things that aren't done.

I'm sick of it.

Thinking about just locking this thread completely...

--Robb "People who are too stupid to figure out the system just make our days at WDW even better!" Alvey

I will be visiting MK for the first time in a year tomorrow, my family has non-expiry tickets, which have not been converted to the RFID tickets. When I arrive at the park will I have to to go to the guest services outside the park in order for my tickets to be used to enter the park? If anyone that has used Fastpass + could give me suggestions on how to get the most use out of the system that would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't see how the article is written with any negativity towards FastPass+. It is simply stating that wait times have increased for secondary attractions and stayed the same, or even decreased, for primary attractions.

I think the obvious conclusion is "It's made fast pass more accessible for more guests" and that's ultimately a good thing for the vast majority of guests.

When I arrive at the park will I have to to go to the guest services outside the park in order for my tickets to be used to enter the park?

Yes, this is what I did back in October. I just went to the ticket booth and they transferred everything over to a new ticket.

So far I haven't had any problems at all with the new FP+ system. It is new, and there might be a "glictch" here or there - but I have nothing but positive feelings about them so far.

AND...We got to order our MagicBands!!!! I've been waiting for this and can't wait to get mine!

I'm personally enjoying watching this evolve as things unfold.

As it stands currently, we can book the three attractions that will have uber-long standby lines - and do a couple of quicker rides, wander around and just enjoy being at Disney, eat, people watch, enjoy each other's company and watch parades and such. Since I have never been to Disney World when it was not just PACKED, the FP+ has definitely made my visits much much much less stressful.

I don't see how the article is written with any negativity towards FastPass+. It is simply stating that wait times have increased for secondary attractions and stayed the same, or even decreased, for primary attractions.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but the article (looking at the comparison of wait times) is suggesting that wait times are now longer with FP+ for most attractions. The article also seems to contradict itself several times saying things like "The addition of FastPass+ is pushing up wait times as users arrive with priority boarding in hand" and "The trend continues at Hollywood Studios, where Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania have similar waits year over year. Great Movie Ride waits have basically doubled now that FastPass+ users arrive with priority" but then concluding with "Overall, FP+ is causing wait times to increase at most secondary attractions, while having a less substantial impact at the most popular attractions with the longest wait times."

So I'm not even sure what the point of this article is. All I know is that I've only seen with my own eyes and experiences POSITIVE impacts to overall wait times, and we've ended up standing in my stand by lines since the system was introduced than ever before due to shorter wait times.

I dunno, I guess I just find articles like this pointless as there are still many more features to be rolled out that will completely debunk anything this article is trying to prove. It would be like me writing a detailed review of "Theme Park Studio", even though the game is out and you can buy it today, even though they have stated that it's not "done" and more game modules will be released over the coming months.

So I'm not even sure what the point of this article is. All I know is that I've only seen with my own eyes and experiences POSITIVE impacts to overall wait times, and we've ended up standing in my stand by lines since the system was introduced than ever before due to shorter wait times.

One point that the article doesn't really discuss is that the site is tracking posted wait times - and these might not always be as low as the actual wait. And it stands to reason that park operations might be deliberately bumping up the posted standby wait times while they monitor the impact of FP+ on the regular queues.

One point that the article doesn't really discuss is that the site is tracking posted wait times - and these might not always be as low as the actual wait. And it stands to reason that park operations might be deliberately bumping up the posted standby wait times while they monitor the impact of FP+ on the regular queues.

Exactly. I saw this article not as something that was even remotely accurate or informative, but as a way for these "Disney World Planning Sites" to be waving their hands in the air going "HEY GUYS! We are still relevant! HEY!!!!" Because I feel that with MDX, sites like this and Touring Plans, etc, all of a sudden become much less useful and possibly inaccurate as they now have to completely re-configure their "plans" based on second hand information which at the moment is changing.

And on top of that, it was just a really poorly written article which made it seem even less legitimate.

Edited by robbalvey

^I think there's still some value in crowd calendar-type sites as a general indicator of roughly how busy it might be at a park on any given day (especially for first-time visitors), and I've found that Touring Plans/EasyWDW offer some decent and thorough content outside of the crowd predictions. But MDX has definitely stolen their thunder with regard to wait times - why get this from a third party when you can get it first-hand?

^ I don't buy it. First off, I think these websites are pushing data around to make it appear as though we need these "wait time sites" as they are grasping at straws to prove their are relevant as soon they won't be anymore.

This. A billion times this. When this was first starting to be tested, all of these sites immediately started saying how awful it was, and how Disney was going to steal all of your money and hackers were going to take all your credit card info and that tan lines would kill you and so on. And every one of these sites either offers a touring plan program or some other offering where they can charge people money. And now that's going to go away. And they are grabbing at any straws they can, to try and make it seem like they still matter. But they don't.

I'm all for anything that makes any visitors' day easier. I personally cannot wait to try this system.

dt

^I think there's still some value in crowd calendar-type sites as a general indicator of roughly how busy it might be at a park on any given day

This I totally agree with.

But MDX has definitely stolen their thunder with regard to wait times - why get this from a third party when you can get it first-hand?

And just planning your trip overall and how to navigate the parks. You can do a lot of what those sites did for you on MDX now. Sure, it's not a step-by-step, minute-by-minute "plan", but I do seriously question the people that need those anyway. That's just a form of "GP" that scares me, to be honest!

And I do agree those sites offer decent content outside of the "planning" aspect of it, but I do feel that MDX and Disney's new system is going to force them all to re-think that side of the business as it's soon going to be made a bit less relevant.

But MDX has definitely stolen their thunder with regard to wait times - why get this from a third party when you can get it first-hand?

And just planning your trip overall and how to navigate the parks. You can do a lot of what those sites did for you on MDX now. Sure, it's not a step-by-step, minute-by-minute "plan", but I do seriously question the people that need those anyway. That's just a form of "GP" that scares me, to be honest!

I wonder how many people actually use the step-by-step plans in real life, surely it can't be that many? I've toyed around with "touring plan" generators in the past out of curiosity, but it seems exhausting to try and stick to a pre-planned schedule. I'm yet to encounter a park where "arrive early and ride high-demand attractions first" is a bad strategy.

At any rate, I'm definitely a fan of selecting Fastpasses ahead of time. I know this system isn't at Disneyland yet, but it just seemed so counter-intuitive to wait in a 20-minute queue for a Radiator Springs Racers Fastpass during my last visit.

Just heads up- It looks like magic bands have rolled out to all annual passholders. Just log into mydisneyexperience.com, customize yours and they are on there way.

Yup, they have been rolling them out all month. I just checked and because we also booked an upcoming resort stay, we are actually eligible for SIX more MagicBands! YAY!!!!

Edited by robbalvey