TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Disney reveals details on Walt Disney World MyMagic+

Look I understand that there are other things to do while you are waiting on the fast pass times. Like I said, I dont know anyone that shares our views. Plus we just like to hit the big attractions, and that's probably why we have the view we do. We really don't care for watching the parades and shows (except for fantasmic) I know we are the small minority, and I don't expect Disney to cater to us. I just wish that they would ratio there fastpass lines out better, that is all. Like look at universal, they do there fastpass just fine, they keep the regular lines moving, and get the fastpassers on ride pretty quick. Anyways, you guys may not understand, but that is just the way we think.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we are the small minority, and I don't expect Disney to cater to us. I just wish that they would ratio there fastpass lines out better,

So you are saying you DO want them to cater to you.

look at universal, they do there fastpass just fine, they keep the regular lines moving, and get the fastpassers on ride pretty quick.

You have to pay for their Express Pass (or stay at a resort) so fewer people use the system.

Just wait until you experience the new system. It sounds like it will work out better for you.

Edited by ernierocker

I don't see why you would wait three hours to get your fastpass time, instead of just waiting 30mins-hour

With the legacy FastPass system, we would rarely ever wait three hours for a FP time. If you are smart with the system, you would almost never have to do this.

I don't see why you would wait 30-min to an hour in line when you don't have to.

you are in a VERY small minority, and a minority that Disney has no interest in catering to.

THIS!

Oh, and I also just want to reiterate this...

From Screamscape.com

FastPass+ / MyMagic+ / MagicBand - (2/12/14) According to online reports from earlier today, Walt Disney World was testing the FastPass+ system without the 3 FP+ per day limit. Once you used your first three, you had the option to reserve another. No word on how long this “test” will remain active.

TOLD YOU SO!!!!

--Robb "Maybe people should just listen to us next time..." Alvey

I remember what my coordinator (lead) said to me about FastPass when he heard me complaining about it causing longer lines during my time working TTA, Stich, and Astro Orbiter on my first College Program.

"If you're waiting longer because of FastPass, it's because you're not using it or you're using it incorrectly. Don't get a FastPass for Buzz when it has a twenty minute wait! Get a Fastpass for Space Mountain and then use the time to ride all the other attractions in Tomorrowland."

That shut me up! So much for being an ignorant CP!

From that point on I have always been a proponent of FastPass. The only thing I disagree with in his statement was that using Fastpass for Buzz or in any other way is incorrect. Obviously a family with a two and three year old won't be getting FastPasses for Space Mountain and thus getting a Fastpass for Buzz would be fine for them.

But the point is that FastPass really opens up your day up if you let it! In both of my College Programs I never waited in line for Soarin'! Occasionally when FastPasses were still available past 3 or 4 in the afternoon, my friends and I would grab one and instead of waiting in line for hours, would spend the time exploring World Showcase! All because of FastPass!

From a former CM standpoint, Fastpass also afforded us great guest interaction opportunities. I'm looking forward to working with MyMagic+ when I return to Disney!

I really like the "book three in advance and then more once those are used" approach. Can see this working really well on both busy and slow days. Looking forward to trying it out in person later in the year.

Me too, I wonder how this will change the way people book fastpasses? If i'd have visited during the 3 a day limit i'd have probably spread them out over the day to allow times to hit up some of the other bigger rides which i couldn't get fastpasses for due to the limit. Now with this system i'd probably book all 3 in the first available slots so I could get my next 3 for the bigger rides i'd missed first time round as soon as possible.

Hmmm, so same amount of total fastpasses allowed to be allocated parkwide as before except now i'm doing that and not doing standby lines for the bigger rides in between since i'll try and get those fastpasses next, and i'm sure other people will be doing the same that means less people in the standby lines.... Hey disney is catering for that minority.

Even if the fastpasses for the bigger rides run out, i'm still probably getting way more out of the way earlier now by trying to get as many as possible, as early as possible

One thing i'm curious about with the 3 passes used then you can get the next three is what if i choose a show in the evening as one of my passes (let's assume i'm paranoid those fastpasses will run out early and wanted to get them now) and then 2 of the rides on the earliest slots, would I then be able to go book 2 more fastpasses after those two or because of the show does that mean I can't. Considering how it's disney and they are using it to make guests lives as easy as possible, i'm sure that will be thought of already and maybe part of a future test/already implemented but I was just curious as to how it is now if some-one is going to test it all out anytime soon.

From what I can see, MDE requires having purchased park admissions, then use the unique number to be granted access to make advance FP+ reservations.

Currently my plan is to get discounted admissions from a 3rd party ticket broker (a legit one) when we arrive. Their office is just up the road from Crossroads off the eastern border of WDW. Being on the other side of the country means I can't exactly just pop in early to get the tickets. Does anyone have experience with these agencies and trying to remotely obtain the necessary info so as to make FP+ reservations? Any advice?

I would advise paying full price if you want to book FP+ in advance. Just cause you pay for a ticket and they send you the number doesn't mean that somehow someone there wont switch your ticket for another persons (if these are physical ticket). You're basically trusting them to keep your unique ticket separate until you arrive months later. The only way I could see this working out well is if you bought them over the phone (or however) and they mailed you the physical tickets.

Just my 2 cents.

Having just returned from a quick trip to Orlando I had a chance to use Magicband+. I have only two minor complaints. It was awkward to get into the hotel room. The band was on my right wrist, the door handle was on the right with the sensor pad above and you had the door frame. It was hard to get good contact with the band on my right wrist with the door frame and handle in the way. Not a big deal because I really only entered my room once or twice a day. I didn't switch to my left wrist because I ware a watch. If I was staying longer then a few days I probably would ditch my watch if the door handle was on the right and have the band on my left wrist. Added benefit would be not having to worry about tan lines because I already have them from my watch!

Second complaint was when charging something at the stores you need to enter a pin number. All well and good but the keypad is very small and I fat fingered it a few times. Again not a big deal and I talked with a few CM about it and a couple of them said they were aware of the problem and bigger keypads were in the works.

All in all I liked it a lot. Can't wait to try it out with the family on a longer visit next September.

Just something I was thinking about, this new ability to make a reservation, then go back and change it and have more options then the first time seems more like a glitch then an actual feature. Especially with the current ability to make more then 3 FP+ reservations after the third one has been used.

I am excited for this to fully develop. I don't know much about this program and have to do some research on everything in involvement in detail. I will say that I am getting very tired of people complaining about paying for "line skips" and that it creates a "class" system at amusement parks!

Interesting article with a MagicBand teardown (yes, there's a battery inside) as well as a peek under the hood and behind the scenes of the park hardware:

Making the Band – MagicBand Teardown and More

Great find! I love stuff like this. The confirmation of the battery and the second transmitter all makes sense now.

Was trying to figure out why there would need to be a battery in the band when obviously a day guests ticket doesn't have one, but it if course is to track where resort guests are going and to offer them suggestions, etc, during their stay.

So one of the questions I do have though, if the battery is powering the second transmitter, which tracks your location, does the park exit not track day guests leaving the park?

You don't have an exit turnstile as you just "walk out" of the park, and I know the RFID readers are quite a few feet above you. Then again, I don't think my SunPass has a battery and it knows when I go through a toll booth...

FastPass+ is down at Hollywood Studios today so they're handing out these instead.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392997810.317810.thumb.jpg.78e837dd4d136fb4ac1654f58e2d39ea.jpg

"@TouringPlans: Studios entrance turnstiles, Fastpass+ machines currently down, no ETA. Those not yet at DHS should consider another park. ^len"

"@TouringPlans: Word is that FP+, entrance turnstile systems didn't restart correctly after a planned power test last night at DHS. ^len"

"@LomographyLilly: @TouringPlans TOT was not running, fairfax fries was having a difficulty serving guests and the opening of RNR was severely delayed."

https://twitter.com/lomographylilly/status/436885904993824769

"@hintofspy: So entrance turnstiles, all FP+, two major attractions, and one of the only breakfast locations at DHS are down or delayed today. WOW."

https://twitter.com/hintofspy/status/436887755445268480

So yea, the studios are a mess today, don't go there.

Edited by traincrossin

Then again, I don't think my SunPass has a battery and it knows when I go through a toll booth...

My understanding (which is VERY limited) is that Sun Pass, EZ Pass and similar devices work because the toll booth itself emits energy that powers the transponders. I would imagine this could work the same way if they wanted it to but again, I'm no expert.

FastPass+ is down at Hollywood Studios today so they're handing out these instead.thumb_imageuploadedbytapatalk1392997810.jpg

"@TouringPlans: Studios entrance turnstiles, Fastpass+ machines currently down, no ETA. Those not yet at DHS should consider another park. ^len"

"@TouringPlans: Word is that FP+, entrance turnstile systems didn't restart correctly after a planned power test last night at DHS. ^len"

"@LomographyLilly: @TouringPlans TOT was not running, fairfax fries was having a difficulty serving guests and the opening of RNR was severely delayed."

https://twitter.com/lomographylilly/status/436885904993824769

"@hintofspy: So entrance turnstiles, all FP+, two major attractions, and one of the only breakfast locations at DHS are down or delayed today. WOW."

https://twitter.com/hintofspy/status/436887755445268480

So yea, the studios are a mess today, don't go there.

I don't get why so many people are quick to hate on this system when something goes wrong. The fact that they had things in place already in case this happened just shows the level of detail they are putting into it.

Why don't people understand that every time something like this happens, they are going to learn MORE about how to handle these situations so that their procedures can be tightened up and work better in the long run.

How many times do they have to tell people "please be patience, we are still working through testing the system."

The system went down, they were given a pass to go on whatever the hell ride they want to, and it seems like people are STILL complaining.

I just don't get it.

Edited by robbalvey