TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Disney reveals details on Walt Disney World MyMagic+

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like the new system, when it works. It gets better and better every day. I can tell you that the amount of Fast passes has not been touched for Space Mountain and probably has more to do with less people knowing how to get Fast passes or the fact that you can only do one park per day.

Why did you say when it works? Are there still bugs to work out?

The only people who are making a big deal out of it are locals, Passholders, and regulars who are making a much bigger deal out if it than it is.

This I don't understand. If someone is a local. presumably they're more likely to visit a park for just a few hours at a time, possibly later in the day after work/school. Under the old system they could probably only get one FP for, say, a 3-4 hour evening visit, depending on what is left at the end of the day.

But with FP+ they can schedule three confirmed FP+ entries (possibly one every hour they're in the park), book these ahead of time, and plan around any dining reservations or shows/parades. Sounds like a great deal! Sure it's an adjustment, but I can't see someone genuinely being "worse off" with FP+.

Oh look at that...shocking...if only some reputable site out there had told people not to worry and that you'd be able to get more than three fastpasses eventually...

But that would go against the "declining by dgrees" narrative! Always stick to the narrative!

Edited by cfc

I am surprised they are now allowing unlimited, I figured they would just slowly step it up as needed, haha. So, then what does this mean for Park Hopping now, and I wonder if the staggering will change to the old way of return time or 2 hours?

Elissa, I need you to please go to EPCOT for me, make a reservation at Via Napoli and ride reserve a FP for Test Track and for Space Mountain please

Man I would just hope this works out better than the old system, because the old system would have, "stand-by' <-----Hate that name, just sit and sit and sit without moving. Toy Story Mania being the worst offender in my opinion. I don't know, I just hope this system works out better for people like me and my dad that don't like using fast pass.

Oh look at that...shocking...if only some reputable site out there had told people not to worry and that you'd be able to get more than three fastpasses eventually...

But what about the tan lines?!? And the mind control powers?!? It's all evil!!!

Yeah, seriously, people freak out about stuff way too much. Like has been said here over and over again, they are TESTING this product. People really need to calm down. And perhaps stop reading websites where they post nothing but complaints about the parks they supposedly love, and spend more time looking for paint chips than having fun.

dt

^ Part of me wants to visit said websites for a daily dose of C-R-A-Z-Y...but I digress.

Living 20 minutes from the park and holding an annual pass, I am ashamed of myself that I have not taken advantage of this yet. I am going to make it a point in the next week to go and try all of this new awesomeness out!

I just hope this system works out better for people like me and my dad that don't like using fast pass.

This makes no sense to me. Why would someone "not like" using Fast Pass. You honestly prefer to stand in line??? When you don't have to???

This makes no sense to me. Why would someone "not like" using Fast Pass. You honestly prefer to stand in line??? When you don't have to???

Well, we like to ride while we are at the area, we don't like when we are there at 9 a.m. and then have to come back at like 12 p.m. to ride the ride. We do Disney a bit different than everyone else I guess. We usually hit up 3 of the parks in a day, and if we were to use fastpass we could not do that because we would spend all day waiting for our FP times. I guess I just don't get it myself, I don't see why you would wait three hours to get your fastpass time, instead of just waiting 30mins-hour, in the regular line. But this is just our opinion, because I really don't know anyone that shares our same views :/ Granted we have not tried this new system yet, so bare with me, We usually go down there in october for halloween so we didnt get a chance to try out the new system yet.

Yeah, if you do three parks in a day you are in a VERY small minority, and a minority that Disney has no interest in catering to.

And you would like the new system as you don't have to WAIT to get fastpasses and only have one at a time as it lets you book three for whenever you want so you could have three in a three hour time frame then move on.

Edited by SharkTums

Well, we like to ride while we are at the area, we don't like when we are there at 9 a.m. and then have to come back at like 12 p.m. to ride the ride. We do Disney a bit different than everyone else I guess.

I typically use Fastpass "wait" times to go see shows, or to eat, or to look at over...I mean competitively-priced merchandise, or to go on standby-only attractions, or to take photos, or to people-watch, or to listen to tracks from Hello Dolly, or...

Do you see a pattern here? There are plenty of things to do besides the big attractions.