TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird/ Out of place coasters

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along those same lines, (though not a coaster) it's kind of strange that Noah's Ark in the Dells, a stand-alone water park, has a Hopkins Shute-the-Chutes ride. Though, really, I'm surprised this isn't more common.

Along those same lines, (though not a coaster) it's kind of strange that Noah's Ark in the Dells, a stand-alone water park, has a Hopkins Shute-the-Chutes ride. Though, really, I'm surprised this isn't more common.

Holiday World officially moved their shoot the chutes (Giraffica) into the water park, so I could see it as being somewhat less odd.

^ I forgot about that one. I didn't realise you could ride that in your swimming gear. I was thinking that if you couldn't then I wouldn't expect the ridership to be very high.

Weirdly the wait times aren't too bad on a regular day, even though it only has 12 seats (with two of those out of commission as of last count).

I'd love to see more "wet rides" in water parks - a really extreme river rafting ride, for example.

Holiday World officially moved their shoot the chutes (Giraffica) into the water park, so I could see it as being somewhat less odd.

Hersheypark's Tidal Force is in the Boardwalk area now, and I believe that swimwear is permitted on it (Chris, a little help here?).

I think the Ultra Twister at Rusutsu Park in Sapporo Japan, stands as a great example of:

A) Where to put it where you have to work (walking uphill) to get to it.

B) Put it amongst lush green plants and trees, almost totally hiding it from the rest of the park.

C) And make make sure it's unique enough, and this is the one with the DIVE part in it,

so us coaster crazies will go out of our way to get to it.

Not wierd, and not really out of place. Just almost...out of sight.

And here's my little video of it with all that green around it...

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=MVI_2487_c6ke[/coastertube]

It really looks like somebody just put this together in their back yard!

5254340_ResizeofIMG_2480.JPG.395061521ee1acf193a3d3b6cab2360b.JPG

Here it is - amongst all the lush green plants and trees.

578340359_ResizeofIMG_2497.JPG.fe96974ae9afd546d22a5c8d33405f8f.JPG

And here it is - back of the park. You can't see it from the first level.

And it's quite the walk up to it. But soooo worth it! (o:

^ What an awesome ride that is! The dive loop is a very weird feeling and just keeps the ride experience continuous compared to the standard versions. (which are still great rides).

I loved Rusutsu's travelator type conveyor belt in the middle of the field that you stand on for it to pull you up the hill to get to it!

Oh, and the fact the park had no idea that their ultra twister was sooo unique!

^ And it's not just the dive (or as I like to call it the Mini-ME element, as in Manhattan Express?) that makes this one truly unique. It starts forward, where the others start the cars going backwards into the vertical lift. These cars head onto a turntable, which then turns them around 180' to face the other direction, tilts backwards (somehow) and the lift begins.

Then, the car heads into a barrel roll and where the other UTs have another landing ramp at this end (and then tilt down, so the cars go backwards through the two barrel rolls), this element puts the car again forward, into the rolls and then into the station. And faster, I was told by others who had ridden the original versions. Including myself, woo hoo!

North Koreans are starving and they build such a giant pointless coaster?

I don't know where you are getting your information. They are the strongest and richest nation in the world!

Isn't China the richest country in the world and they are the close second? Americans are starving and suffering from the oppress of the government and aristocracy.

^It looks like the log flume had to extend beyond the reaches

of the mainland, too. Very cool.

That log flume is the one ride on the non waterpark side i really really like, extremely easy to get soaked on. The water park and Theme Park cost about 25 bucks per person (one ticket gets both) and parking is 10 bucks. Park has frequent promotions, sometimes you get a cheaper ticket by going in at a later time of day with a can of soda coupon, season pass is 50 bucks but does not take care of parking. If i ever got that season pass i would use it for the water park and the log flume, the two good parts of the park, that Steelwoodie is a neck breaker imho. S&S Power designed it, it was so bad that they had to add a trim break in the first drop, I personally miss their old woodie.

http://www.coastergallery.com/2007/Clem13.html

Even though I've never visited the park, I think Aska at long-defunct Nara Dreamland is a good candidate for this thread.

Yes, if I were building a "clone" of Disneyland, I'd definitely want to add a big wooden coaster.