TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird/ Out of place coasters

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

The ones that came to my mind are Flight Deck and Kings Island and Batwing at Six Flags America. It's a trek just to get to them. Especially with Batwing when its like 110 degrees out and there is no shade. Brutal!

It won't surprise me if I get some flack for this, but I always thought Apocanator (Terminator Salvation: The Ride/Apocalypse) and Deja Vu at Six Flags Magic Mountain were out of place; it just seemed like that corner area was somewhat isolated from the rest of the park.

Really surprised no one has brought up Desperado yet. That ride is REALLY in the middle of nowhere! And for a ride it's size to be so far away from any real civilization, and to not even be at a "real" park....

It gets my vote!

Yeh, I agree with this. It was the one that immediately jumped to my mind.

Really surprised no one has brought up Desperado yet. That ride is REALLY in the middle of nowhere! And for a ride it's size to be so far away from any real civilization, and to not even be at a "real" park....

It gets my vote!

Yeh, I agree with this. It was the one that immediately jumped to my mind.

Although it is only bit more than 30 minutes outside of Vegas it is definitely out of place. On my last trip to Vegas, a couple of friends and I were going to ride it on the way to Vegas, but it was just after 8 AM when we got there and there was nothing else that could justify us waiting there until 10AM to ride it. We were going to ride it on the way home, but did the Stratosphere rides instead and weren't "feeling it" on the way home.

Scream also does feel out of place being built on a parking lot and being out of the way from the rest of SFMM (except for Colossus). I never thought about Silver Bullet at Knott's being out of place when it first opened, but during WCB I noticed how "in your face" Silver Bullet is by the front entrance and how it does not fit with the Ghost Town theming at all.

Although it [Desperado] is only bit more than 30 minutes outside of Vegas it is definitely out of place. On my last trip to Vegas, a couple of friends and I were going to ride it on the way to Vegas, but it was just after 8 AM when we got there and there was nothing else that could justify us waiting there until 10AM to ride it.

I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat for our upcoming trip. From my estimates we'll be going past it around 9 AM and I figured it wouldn't be open yet. It will probably be one of those credits I wish I had taken the time to pick up.

• 2 weeks later...

It gets my vote!

Desperado was definitely the first thing that popped into my head, especially as I plan on riding it in a couple months when El Loco opens. Speaking of El Loco, although it isn't *really* in the middle of nowhere, every time I watch a Steel Hawg pov it strikes me as bizarre as it looks like it's in a residential neighborhood (just from the point of view when going to the lift).