TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird/ Out of place coasters

Do you ever see a pov or a picture of a coaster and it instantly strikes you as odd looking it could be the design of the coaster itself or the location the coaster is in. For me Excalibur at Valleyfair always stood out as a very odd coaster both it's location in an open field and the ride itself also has a weird layout for being a cousin of Gemini it shares almost no similar features outside of the track and train design. I also just saw a pov of Excalibur at Astroworld and it ironically also had a very cool and unique looking layout and the area around it looked like a overgrown rainforest. So what are some coasters that stand out to you guys?

Edited by ernierocker

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before they built SOB at Kings Island Top Gun always seemed kind of out of place to me. It's a great little coaster but there is never a line for the thing because no one knows it's back there. I can't tell you how many times I've walked down the que line path and ran into people walking the opposite direction who had given up on walking to the station because they thought they were going the wrong way.

Motocoaster at Darien Lake seems kind of out place to me. If I were the owner of Darien Lake back in 2008 I would have got rid of the go kart track for Motocoaster instead of filling the campground pools with gravel and putting Motocoaster there!

I'd say Diavlo.

It's a Batman clone located in Central Park, which is in the middle of nowhere in the mountains of Japan.

Nice, although I'd argue that a Batman clone is never out of place.

It's just so odd to see such a nice, expensive B&M invert at a small park like this.

Edited by cfc

For whatever reason, the first thing I thought of was just about every coaster at Mt. Olympus.

Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit is another one. That coaster is crammed in that park in so many

different directions it's uncomfortable.

One location I always thought was weird for a coaster was the infamous concrete slab at SFDK, where Zonga originally resided. It's almost like you have a dead end path branching off of a dead end path (being a path branching off of the Roar plaza).

V2 is in an interesting spot as well as the front spike takes you outside the park, over the entrance plaza. Entering the park you walk under V2...SFDK's Gate Keeper?

I don't know why but I just realized that Dinoconda at China Dinosaurs Park is pretty odd considering you have two family coasters (knockoff Golden Horse Spinning Coaster and a Zamperla Motor Coaster) and then you have one of the most thrilling coaster designs ever made.

It's just a shuttle loop with a camelback. The most likely reason that the "weird" spike is inverted over the vertical loop is so there wouldn't have to be a huge support structure at one end of the ride like there is on the other.