Snowboarding/Skiing

coastercrazy 9

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I don't know the first thing about skiing and I'm going on my birthday

Saturday.

Either take a lesson at the resort's ski school or have a friend/family member teach you if one of them knows how to ski and is comfortable teaching you. It can take a little time to get the hang of it, but it's a lot of fun once you do!

(and it's much better than snowboarding )

Guys, I don't know the first thing about skiing and I'm going on my birthday

Saturday.

Either take a lesson at the resort's ski school or have a friend/family member teach you if one of them knows how to ski and is comfortable teaching you. It can take a little time to get the hang of it, but it's a lot of fun once you do!

(and it's much better than snowboarding )

I'll *Try* to learn. who knows? I might enjoy it a lot.

^ I wish you good luck for your 360 and that you land on the Board and not on the neck or back!

This Winter isn't that well, because first we didn't had snow till Christmas, then it was snowing till Dec. 30th and on new Year the weather was perfect, but I was sick and after no snow!

I won lift tickets to Bear Mountain (Big Bear Lake, CA) from a KROQ online contest so I going snowboarding on Super Bowl Sunday.

Have fun! Snow Summit and Bear Mountain are my primary local ski areas (not the closest, but the ones I visit most often for day trips) and they're fun for a day or two. I like the fact that both are on one ticket since I personally prefer Summit, but typically go over to Bear for a couple hours as well since they've got more challenging terrain.

I'm hoping I'll get another chance to go skiing this season. I've only gone one day so far (Big Bear Mountain Resorts on New Year's Day) and my planned trips to Mammoth Mountain have been getting cancelled due to snow conditions. Unfortunately, I don't have time for a long trip this year, so California needs to get more snow.

I buy 4 tickets every year to Mt Baldy for $10 a piece. I have not been able to use any for the last 3 years!!!

I personally prefer Baldy over the Bear Resorts simply because there are less crowds. The lifts may be slow but I love the laid back vibe up there. Hopefully we get a kick ass storm or two to get that mountain open again!!!