Why all the screaming, Robb?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a word about TPR Videos for me:

When I want to have a personal coaster "geek-out" I love the Roller Coasters in the Raw videos.

When someone asks me why I am a member of TPR and why I love it - I pull out the Coaster Expedition Videos from the East Coast or MidWest tours. Those videos show - in a nutshell - why I love TPR.

And everyone I rode I-305 with screamed "TWISTIESSSS" at the top of our lungs.

Love the work you guys do - keep it up!

D.

Seriously though, if people's opinions just happen to be to restate whatever Robb says, I see no problem with it; it's their opinion. I was drawn to TPR because of the personalities here, strong as they may be. Without them, many of the best parts of the site (ie. drunk Piers vids, Bag-O-Crap contests) would simply not exist. It's this binding aspect of our special community that fosters the relatively mild atmosphere here.

The people who do not like the cult of personalities (for it is plural, composed of many more posters than just Robb and Elissa) are the ones who angrily denounce the site. We have all seen them come and go. I do not intend to say that the original poster was one of these people, rather just note a trend that I have seen over the years.

Bottom line, I like the personality of the site and its posters. That's why I stay.

P.S. "Cult of personality" is not necessarily a derogative in the common sense of the word. Please take it literally.

One can't LIKE everyone and everything.

One can also filter themselves and show some restraint as to not bite the hand that feeds you.

I was drawn to TPR because of the personalities here, strong as they may be. Without them, many of the best parts of the site (ie. drunk Piers vids, Bag-O-Crap contests) would simply not exist.

Thank you.

I also just want to remind everyone that things have NOT changed much in the many, many years we have been posting videos.

From videos almost ten years old...

[youtube2]

[/youtube2]

To videos from a couple of years ago...

[youtube2]

[/youtube2]

To videos we made just last week:

[youtube2]

[/youtube2]

Guys... NOTHING HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS!!! Theme Park Review has been around since 1996. And if you want to bitch and complain about what we do NOW... honestly, TPR is not the place for you! I say this with as much sincerity as I can... LEAVE! If you don't like what we do, the videos we produce, the way we comment on our forums, LEAVE!

So please, stop complaining, stop your bitching, and just ENJOY OUR CONTENT!!!

And read this: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/making_things

--Robb "Thank you to all of our supports, and no thank you to all of the complainers!" Alvey

ps. We have nearly 1,000 videos on our YouTube channel and feature information on nearly 700 parks in the Park Index. We also have one of the most active theme park/roller coaster discussion forums on the internet. Please tell me how much you have to pay for all that content. I'll tell you. NOTHING. So quit your bitching.

Edited by robbalvey

As Robb said, it's him having fun, and I suppose many people cannot handle his enthusiasm.

I think it is actually jealousy.

I am sometimes envious of the things he gets to see and do from a park/coaster standpoint, but am very thankful for the videos. I get to live vicariously through them. TPR events are amazing and things are seen and heard that should never be discussed LOL. After being on many different park and enthusiast forums all I have to say is that nothing holds a candle to TPR.

So, as I sit here in snow covered craptown....bring on the videos...only 5 months till coaster season around here starts.

Maybe the original poster would enjoy the station and ride experience at Mt. Olympus. I have often confused say- the Hades station for a library.

Of course, we can all heed our poster's advice. Maybe we can whisper obscenities, etc. Psss...*$&% Twistty!!!! %#&%&%@@ Loopdeeloop!

^ I don't think there's a BOC contest...

Yes, there is:

"Theme Park Review

17 minutes ago

TPR Forum Posting Contest! The rules are simple. Make a post to the TPR Forum. Copy the link to your post below, and we will pick 5 people to win Bags-O-Crap! GO!"

I have nothing to add to this thread, but the "Shhhhhhh" for the subtopic makes me laugh every time I read it.

I just read through the last 8 pages with a shocked look on my face at some of the stuff being said but this made me laugh out loud for some reason.

I can't imagine what some of these posters would think or say if they were featured in the TPR edition of Cards Against Humanity!

Edited by paiging_jen

All I know is that at the first Kings Dominion ECB, we brought along a friend who had, to psych herself up for riding Intimidator that day, YouTube'd the ride. Turns out the one she watched was Robb's, and when I told her that's the guy who set the whole day up she freaked out because she was in the presence of "the TWISTYYY guy."

Like 'em or hate 'em, people keep watching!

I actually find it useful. I noticed that Robb goes "weeeeee" on moderately fun parts of a ride, says nothing or makes a sarcastic remark at boring sections, and goes all out during the intense parts. That way I can get a good general gauge of how good the ride actually is (and thus where to place my expectations so I don't get let down) before going on it.

I actually find it useful. I noticed that Robb goes "weeeeee" on moderately fun parts of a ride, says nothing or makes a sarcastic remark at boring sections, and goes all out during the intense parts. That way I can get a good general gauge of how good the ride actually is (and thus where to place my expectations so I don't get let down) before going on it.

You're not the only person who has told me this! Like I said, my noises and shouts are my "natural" reactions to rides. I'm not doing it "for the camera" or anything. I do it even when there are no cameras on the ride! I guess you can say my "wheeee!" is almost like a human accelerometer! I normally do it when there is airtime, or at least something that takes me by surprise.

How funny. The other day I was watching a non-TPR POV and was thinking: "Why all the silence?"

There are loads of quality POVs out there, some from other professionals (or semi-pros), but I keep coming back to TPR's videos simply because I wanna be entertained. There's something missing without all the screaming. But that's just my opinion and I certainly respect others.

Sorry for the English again, working on it as I type. Well not really, still celebrating the new year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!