TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

This is getting ridiculous. He probably had Scott Ross and the board breathing down his neck. They need to actually give the CEO some liberty and creative control in the future if they want to retain one. Reilly would have been perfect, he has been with the company a long time and loves the parks but nope he wasn’t good enough either and now he’s at Palace.

Also, this is the EXACT SAME REASON Antorcha gave for his resignation. “According to the release, Rivera said his resignation was due to disagreements over the board’s involvement in the decision making at SeaWorld.”

It’s obvious Scott Ross just wants someone to be a figurehead for the company and his personal b**** boy and these executives are not going to take it. There needs to be some major self reflection in the upper management of this company. The animal ambassadors are so passionate and dedicated, but as an outsider the corporate structure seems beyond toxic to me.

Employees wrote an open letter asking for Scott Ross to be removed. 0% chance it happens, but at least they are putting his name into the light a little bit so he knows his actions within the company are eligible to face public scrutiny.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/jobs-economy/os-cfb-seaworld-open-letter-20200407-rmk3fveihvemlinyecdayal2bm-story.html

Ouch. That's some harsh criticism. My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday and wondering if the speed at which CEOs are leaving might indicate some issues on the board. This seems to be evidence that there could be. I don't know much about corporate politics, but I would take this letter seriously. People generally don't write things like this without good cause.

The investment company he runs doesn't have a very diverse portfolio. It's Sea World (90%) and Dave & Busters (%10).

Can't say that I blame him for wanting control with almost a billion dollars on the line, but it is odd that they would hire two CEO's in a row that aren't in line with the boards vision.

The investment company he runs doesn't have a very diverse portfolio. It's Sea World (90%) and Dave & Busters (%10).

Can't say that I blame him for wanting control with almost a billion dollars on the line, but it is odd that they would hire two CEO's in a row that aren't in line with the boards vision.

It's not their strategic vision. It's their personal vision.. things like outsourcing your call center to the Philippines and not even providing health insurance to your furloughed employees. I think that was the primary reason Rivera left. The parks are closed now anyway, so what else would have been the final straw? If you type in Seaworld the Layoff and go to thelayoff.com you can read all sorts of anonymous insider information from disgruntled employees.

https://www.thelayoff.com/seaworld-entertainment

• 4 months later...
I read somewhere that SEAS wants to buy parks that don't make it through the pandemic

Yep, I read that too. Truly a Bizarro world we're living in right now.

LOL. They can't pay for the rides they just built, and now they're talking about buying more parks?

I think they are choosing to not make final payments atm to keep the money in the bank rather then not having the funds to pay

Yeah, that's a smart, sustainable business model...can they just sell the Busch parks back to an alcohol company already?

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an email earlier this morning from Sesame Place, stating that they are extending the 2020 season passes through the entirety of the 2021 season. Not sure if this is something they are doing chainwide. Has anyone with passes for any of the SeaWorld or Busch Gardens parks received anything similar as of yet?

Seaworld SD has been given the green light to open as a zoo type atmosphere.... huge development for Cali theme park fans!!!!

I wouldn’t really call it a huge development, but happy they will be able to offer something (outdoor exhibits only).

Seaworld SD has been given the green light to open as a zoo type atmosphere.... huge development for Cali theme park fans!!!!

I wouldn’t really call it a huge development, but happy they will be able to offer something (outdoor exhibits only).

All of our parks have been closed for over 5 months. It’s big news even if it is no rides!

As far as SEAS acquiring new properties I'm sure there's no "real" info on what parks they are pursing but just curious what kind of places people here would be interested in if they were to be acquired and converted? Probably lots of smaller local water parks out there in desirable markets that could be re-branded into a Sesame Street park fairly easily.

I've always thought it would interesting to see them acquire a zoo and convert it into a SEAS property. Not necessarily a Busch Gardens level of investment or anything, and I have no earthly idea how much a zoo costs, but I know I've been to plenty of zoos and thought "this is fun, but it would be more fun for my kids with a few rides and maybe a water play structure and a couple slides". Again I know nothing about the business side of the industry but I could see a zoo with some kind of a Sesame Street Safari concept working really well.

There is the former Schlitterbahn Kansas City - stigmatized by the worst accident in water park history. Cedar Fair passed up on a bargain offer to buy it along with the Schlitterbahn parks they did buy.

If SW were to buy up this property they could give it a full Sesame Place makeover, making a radical transformation of a property many want to forget about. And it would no doubt be a bargain

All of our parks have been closed for over 5 months. It’s big news even if it is no rides!

Knotts was much bigger news finding an innovative way to operate. Other zoos were already open including SFDK up north!

There is the former Schlitterbahn Kansas City - stigmatized by the worst accident in water park history. Cedar Fair passed up on a bargain offer to buy it along with the Schlitterbahn parks they did buy.

If SW were to buy up this property they could give it a full Sesame Place makeover, making a radical transformation of a property many want to forget about. And it would no doubt be a bargain

Going to go out on a limb and say that won’t be happening.

Edited by Jew

• jedimaster1227 changed the title to SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

Miral has announced that construction is over 40% complete on SeaWorld Abu Dhabi, the first international SeaWorld theme park located on Yas Island.

SeaWorld_Abu_Dhabi_Aerial_Render.thumb.jpg.bc07d8112bd7d69a02c349f510f21c92.jpg

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/miral-announces-over-40-construction-completion-of-seaworld-abu-dhabi-301145519.html

Miral, Abu Dhabi's leading curator of experiences, has announced over 40% construction completion of SeaWorld Abu Dhabi. In collaboration with SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, this landmark project will bring the next generation of marine life theme parks to Yas Island and will be home to the UAE's first dedicated marine research, rescue, rehabilitation and return center providing world-class facilities to support regional and global conservation efforts.

This project, visited by His Highness Sheikh Khaled bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Member of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council and Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Office, is scheduled for completion end of 2022. The next generation marine life theme park will be Yas Island's next mega attraction, complementing Miral's growing portfolio and enhancing the existing offerings on the Island, further positioning it as one of the top global destinations.

SeaWorld_Abu_Dhabi_Entrance_Render.thumb.jpg.3e00906003b77b489a943ca0a09801fd.jpg

Built on multiple levels with a total area of approximately 183,000sqm, the park's design leverages SeaWorld's more than 55 years of experience in marine research, conservation, and animal welfare. SeaWorld Abu Dhabi will feature purpose-built habitats and ecosystems that will house different species together, as they are in the wild. Once complete, the marine life theme park will offer unique immersive experiences that engage visitors from the UAE and around the world, broadening their knowledge and appreciation of marine life.

The park will be home to six distinct realms which tell a unified and immersive "One Ocean" story showing the interconnectivity between all life on Earth and our oceans – "We are connected to the Ocean, and the Ocean connects all of us." Once complete, the park will feature one of the world's largest and most progressive indoor aquariums, an immersive ride that takes guests on a thrilling and visually stunning journey from Pole to Pole, and countless interactive exhibits.

His Excellency Mohamed Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman of Miral, said: "This is yet another great new addition to Yas Island's immersive attractions and experiences. It will help further position the island as a top global destination, and contribute to the growth of Abu Dhabi's tourism vision. We are proud to have partnered with SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment on this incredible project, which brings more than 55 years of expertise in marine conservation and world class marine animal care to Yas Island."

Commenting on the partnership with Miral, Scott Ross, Chairman of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, said: “It’s a privilege to partner with Miral, a best-in-class organization, to build the first new SeaWorld park in over 30 years and the first park outside of North America. Yas Island is a visionary and transformational project and is already becoming a landmark destination for global travellers. We are thrilled SeaWorld will be a part of this special place, which will further expand our vitally important marine life research, rescue, conservation and education efforts in the region."

The research center will serve as an advanced knowledge hub for researchers, scientists, and marine conservationists to better understand and protect the region's marine life and ecosystem. The research will include live studies into indigenous Gulf species such as dugongs and sea turtles, while further contributing to the global marine science community. Additionally, the facility will extend SeaWorld's already global reach and play a vital role in rescue and rehabilitation efforts in the region. To date, SeaWorld has come to the aid of more than 37,000 animals in need, returning many to the wild and providing a forever home for animals that are unable to safely return to the wild.

Marc Swanson, the interim chief executive officer of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, commented: "SeaWorld Abu Dhabi represents the first new SeaWorld park in over 30 years and the first park outside of North America. We're looking forward to creating unforgettable experiences for our guests, educating them about some of the planet's most majestic marine animals, and continuing our world class animal care, conservation and advocacy work."

One of SeaWorld Abu Dhabi's goals is to provide impactful education and learning opportunities for its visitors. This includes engagement with local partners to build marine life and conservation awareness initiatives, inspiring the UAE's future generations to follow marine careers and professions.

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi is part of Miral's $ 3.2 Billion investment in developments under construction. Its recent construction milestone of 40% completion includes over 50% of the concrete poured, the heaviest 50-ton steel column installed, and acrylic for the exhibits successfully fitted.

About Miral

Miral is Abu Dhabi's creator of destinations, uniting people and places through unique, immersive and exciting experiences. Responsible for the development and management of Yas Island, Miral's assets encompass entertainment, hospitality, leisure, sport, dining, retail, and real estate destinations. Today, Yas Island is home to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, CLYMB™ Abu Dhabi, Yas Links Golf Course, Yas Mall, Yas Marina Circuit, Yas Marina and seven hotels, including the flagship Hotel W Abu Dhabi – Yas Island.

For more information, visit http://www.miral.ae.

About SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment:

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter, and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The Company is one of the world's foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry, and veterinary care. The Company collectively cares for one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The Company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned, or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 37,000 animals in need over the Company's history. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc. owns or licenses a portfolio of recognized brands including SeaWorld, Busch Gardens®, Aquatica®, Sesame Place® and Sea Rescue®. Over its more than 60-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 12 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection. The Company's theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.