TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

I honestly think Six Flags purchasing SeaWorld has only three reasonably likely outcomes:

1. The parks all become something like Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, where there is an animal component but the focus is still on thrill rides.

2. Six Flags opts to remove the animal attractions, rebrands the parks, and invests heavily in new rides for them, either oversaturating the thrill park market in that region (mainly in California and Texas), or creating an new market that attracts a different crowd from the other attractions in the area (mainly in Florida).

3. Six Flags goes bankrupt again as a result of the purchase and has to sell off some of their properties and/or undergo another corporate overhaul.

I don't think it is possible to Six Flags to purchase the SeaWorld parks and keep them running as they are now, and I also don't think it is possible for them to avoid shifting the focus of the parks toward thrill rides, as that is what the chain does best. I do think Six Flags would probably be a better choice than Apollo, but both of them sound like they would likely end badly for all parties involved. Of the major theme park chains, I think Merlin would probably be the best fit for SeaWorld, but I'd rather the chain go public than be sold to anyone who's not going to maintain the current level of quality.

First of all, this sounds extremely unlikely to come to pass. Secondly, if it did, I really don't think Six Flags would attempt to merge the two brands together. They would probably keep the same management in place in the SeaWorld division and keep running those parks virtually the same as they are now.

Piss.

I really hope this doesn't happen. Could you imagine the horrors if Six Flags got a hold of a ride like Darkastle?

The terror would flow into the streets, obliterating everything in its path.

However, I'm still curious to know where the hell all of this money came from. Did they just pull it out of their ass, or is SF actually doing well this season?

Also, one more question. If SF purchased one park and one park only, which one would you want it to be and why?

I may get a bit of hate for this one, but SW San Antonio might be a good canidate. They could link it up with Six Flags Fiesta Texas and make a bit of a spinoff park of it. I mean, it wouldn't be all that terrible; I actually think they could do a good job of maintaining SW's reputation.

I said "could", not "would".

Keep in mind, SF is just looking into buying the chain, just like I look into TPR trips and buying Ferraris. That doesn't mean they're gonna purchase anything outright. If anything, I can see the Busch family striking some interest in this potential sale.

SF does do animals, so if the Busch parks are bought out (highly unlikely at this point considering they just got out of bankruptcy), the animals will stay.

This is just a horrible idea. I can see no positive outcome if this happens. Well, maybe if they have to shut down/sell Six Flags America to somehow make a deal happen. But other than that, I'm pretty sure my cats would do a better job of running the Sea World parks than anyone associated with Six Flags or Apollo.

dt

I am seriously hoping that this is another case with the media jumping to conclusions like what happened with the Six Flags park in Asia rumor from the other week. This really has me worried and hoping that it's not as bad as I think it would be if it happens.

The media is not jumping to conclusions. Only the enthusiasts posting in this thread are jumping to conclusions.

Six Flags better not buy the Seaworld properties. I have yet to visit a Seaworld and I would prefer to visit them as they are now and not what Six Flags would do to them. It is kinda sad though because just within the Six Flags chain they do have some nice things - The Great Escape. Sad they do not run the other parks like this one. At least my experience there was nice.

I am seriously hoping that this is another case with the media jumping to conclusions like what happened with the Six Flags park in Asia rumor from the other week. This really has me worried and hoping that it's not as bad as I think it would be if it happens.

The media is not jumping to conclusions. Only the enthusiasts posting in this thread are jumping to conclusions.

I do find it humorous that the subject of this thread's title was talked about for two pages, and these last several pages have had nothing to do with it.

I don't find it humorous at all that they are considering a private sale to SF's vs going public. Apollo, meh. Can they(Apollo) even close the deal, it's possible, I mean they couldn't close the deal with Cedar Fair.

Both options have pros and cons, okay, only one has pros and cons, the other has cons.

^Like Chuck mentioned before with Busch Garden Williamsburg, Six Flags was originally listed as one of the possible suitors. We don't know how serious both sides are in this matter. I do like the earlier poster's reaction that Six Flags would just come in and take out all of the coasters.

Lookit, they have to explore all possibilities to get the best value for current ownership. It is only one of two possibilities out there currently, with the other being going public.

We know that that Apollo is a scavenger wanting to pay the lowest price possible in a partnership with Six Flags. We also know that stock values for theme park cos are actually doing ok in terms of being in an upward trend for the most part

I think Six Flags/ Apollo are just drooling at the chance to make a horrible offer if the IPO’s projected value doesn’t meet expectations or falls through. I doubt that will happen and that we’ll most likely see Sea World Parks go public.