TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Marriott's Grand America - RCT2 - 1978

Hey TPR! I've been on this section of the forums many times but never posted any parks. I've built many parks before but never felt any of them were good enough to post until this one, so I hope you guys enjoy it. I appreciate feedback especially because my building style can be really weird.

Let me present Marriott's Grand America! Located just outside of Ottawa, Canada and it going to represent the America's in general. It was first opened in 1978 (2 years after the original Great America's opened) and will open a new section of the park in 1979! I'm gonna treat the park as if it's opened year by year so you won't be seeing any B&M's for awhile

Enjoy!

SCR56.BMP

The entrance

SCR57.jpg.0510ddad197b6d1bf081246a2acac2d9.jpg

The train station to Round-About Express. You have to pass through it to enter 'Hometown Square' and the other station is located on the other end of the park.

SCR58.jpg.222e5eb3de885a3bad56f14ea0f04f03.jpg

If you take a left as soon as you pass the train station, you can ride the Turn of the Century. It's a updated version of the other Turn of the Century's at the Great America's, but maybe it will go under an update in a few years!

SCR59.jpg.2ad833087dcd5b1b4104660a6f45fe89.jpg

Take a spin on Crazy Cruiser, a Schwarzkopf Jumbo jet, a unique model.

SCR60.jpg.df1005cadd6984d9f8471912f88d0645.jpg

Some theming.

SCR61.jpg.74f2ffe5c84650a43a9a14aab9b7fff9.jpg

While Tidal Wave premiered in 1978 as a new ride at Marriott's Great America, Tidal Wave premiered at Marriott's Grand America as a ride that opened with the park.

SCR62.jpg.f5306665e62be3ec3f6ef30d703ec576.jpg

Spinning Aces (Scrambler) as well as the South end train station of 'Hometown Square' finishes off this update.

SCR63.BMP

And of course you can ride the Observation Flyer, located in the center of a lake. Be careful though, as it is one of the most popular rides in the park!

scr55_6.jpg.842c7eb092a35241a6e4fd29c19744dc.jpg

Total layout of what I've seen so far.

Edited by Jerrykoala2112

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge fan of parks without custom scenery as I feel like the scenery that came with the game is very limiting but I think you did a great job with what little the game gave you. I do think that the entrance looks a little plain. Maybe even something as simple as a sign on the roof could help. The train station is a little plain as well.

I don't want to sound negative, I actually really like the stations for all three coasters (especially Turn of the Century and Crazy Cruiser), and I would like to see you apply the kind of attention to detail you had on those stations with the train station and front gate. Great job so far!

MORE PICS Please!

Dude, calm down! He just posted a 9 picture update.

MORE PICS Please!

Just be patient, don't rush him!

You guys do realize that from the context of it, he was not rushing him. He just wants to see more of the park because he likes it. He just can't wait to see the next update. Well, that is what it seems like from the context.

Jer, the park is awesome! The theming is great and I love the Schwarzkopf coasters. I can't wait to see the next update.

• 2 weeks later...