TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What they should do is, that Chris sawyer needs to make rct4 a option between the version like rct3 and rct2 with upgrades and different types of coasters for each one, like the rocket without being hacked in rct2 and the Aquatax in rct3.

• 3 weeks later...
yea same...i just got a brand new computer and couldnt wait to install and play it...but when i went to start a game....it totally screwed up my computer...it says theres a major error....and man was i pissed!!! i kept tryin at it and messin with some things and then sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldnt... so now i dont ever play it. im back to RCT2.its almost as good....but i liked RCT3 more becasue some of the ride elements were more realistic, like the pendulume swings, and the larger corkscrews. but i hated the graphics and how when u went to build a coaster you had to build it SUPER HUGEin order for it to work at the right speed......i the Inatimin launch coasters.....psh..those sucked!!! u didnt have a big slope to vertical or anything...its all just really CRAPPY!!!

I know that I am totally bringing back forgoten past for no reason but I must say that the ecxact same thing happened to me. And the family computer does not have enough memory for rct3

-The quene lines are filled up for big rides

-More realistic flats

-Lines to get in a particular car

- More coaster train looks like for the corkscrew you have your old, Drachen fire looking cars, and the newer designs

-Impulsive coaster with inversions

-Intamin looping coaster

-Stop launching trains before they launch

- Realistic chain lifts and launch sounds

- More options for all the coasters

This idea just popped into my head...

You could design a coaster ahead of time and when you finish and are happy with it, trucks drive in every once in a while and bring all the parts and lay them down on the ground. Then you choose which parts to put up first and stuff until the entire track is up. If it's like KK or something, you could invite the press for topping it off or something and have an opening day scheduled so people get anticipated, and when it finally opens after testing, a whole bunch of people come, and the press comes and you could hold a press conference before you let people ride it. And you could select some people or a group to be able to ride it first.

And you could sell fast passes or something to make more money.

(Sorry for run-on sentences! lol)

I love your idea. How about someone e-mails Chris Sawyer this thread. That we he can see EHAT THE PEOPLE WANT. By the way, have you ever been on KK. I have been on it 9 times.

• 3 months later...

DUDE, I AM ACTUALLY DESIGNING MY OWN GAME! I was thinking of having a No Limits-like designer with pre-made parts for those who suck at it. Then design the coaster, pick the cars, company, colors, logo, everything! Then you test it on a company computer, keeping and eye on g's, speed, and ROUGHNESS LEVELS!. When it works, you submit it and watch as the company builds it until you are ready to open your park and show off your creation!

An example is an Intamin coaster and a Togo coaster. The Intamin coaster is tested and has a super-low roughness level. Then you test the Togo and it has a monster roughness level. You can try to fix the Togo or scrap it and take the Intamin. Simple.

i quite like the sound of having the music actually sort into alphabetical order. i have about 15 songs in alphabetical order, then another song that goes alphabetically.

need catwalks on lift hills, brake runs, etc

and i also agree with the business side of things. you choose how much you want to spend, give specs and send them to 'designers' (vekoma, arrow, etc) who send you a 3D design of what the ride could look like, then you choose the design you want.

also, get sponsering for maintainance of the rides!!! <---- love that idea

also, be able to take the 'auto-turns' thing off (pre-determines the turn) this could help with working out the speed and tightness of corners on Wild Mouse rides

DUDE, I AM ACTUALLY DESIGNING MY OWN GAME! I was thinking of having a No Limits-like designer with pre-made parts for those who suck at it. Then design the coaster, pick the cars, company, colors, logo, everything! Then you test it on a company computer, keeping and eye on g's, speed, and ROUGHNESS LEVELS!. When it works, you submit it and watch as the company builds it until you are ready to open your park and show off your creation!

An example is an Intamin coaster and a Togo coaster. The Intamin coaster is tested and has a super-low roughness level. Then you test the Togo and it has a monster roughness level. You can try to fix the Togo or scrap it and take the Intamin. Simple.

That would lead to a slander based lawsuit.

I don't think thats true, I think having the option, and using manufactures names would be cool

Alot of the more indept stuff should be able to be toggled on or off

That was exactly his point. The GP doesn't care about manufacters. Hell, they'd be like "What the f*ck is a Bolliger and Mabillard?" Only enthusiasts care about stuff like that.

Plus, the game developers would have to acquire licensing agreements to use manufacturer firm namesakes in the game. That's a lot of trouble for something gamers won't give a rats ass about. It's not an important feature.

I think that the names of companies in the game could and would be a very important thing to have. Even for people who don't know what they are, it will allow them to feel like they are really running a theme park, even of they think the names are made up .

Also, another feature is that a dowload system, like The Sims 2 online system, could be implemented to keep current with the industry. New train styles, like the new Vekoma inverted trains, for example, could be downloaded. Even just a new theme for a ride or train could be found online. I think that would help the game succeed for a long time. (If it ever comes out )

-Andrew

How about Atari just STOPS trying to make a good amusement park simulation game? Ever since chris sawyer and hasbro handed it over to Atari, it turned into a total piece of crap! NOTHING in the game is realistic anymore.