TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see more releases! I'm not familiar with how Steam Workshop works, but if it means I can easily see and download other parks, that would be great!

That's exactly how it is set up in Steam. You can download other parks, custom objects and flat rides (coasters are a given once released). If you're working on your own park, you can look through the scenery database, click an object and it instantly downloads directly to your park - same for flat rides.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm still confused can I buy his has it been released? And if so where?

Me too. I thought it was released 4 months ago. Yet no threads about it on the front page of the "Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness" forum, including this one until I bumped it.

Very confused as to why it seems to have been forgotten...

^^ and ^^^

The game is still in it's early stages, and not much can be done with it other then terrain, trees, paths, scenery and flat rides.

But, i'm sure as the other phases are released (especially the roller coaster phase) there will be more and more threads containing parks and coasters.

The game is out as an early access game on steam for 30.00 USD, and while i'm waiting for the roller coasters to be added to get it, you can get it now.

^^ and ^^^

The game is still in it's early stages, and not much can be done with it other then terrain, trees, paths, scenery and flat rides.

But, i'm sure as the other phases are released (especially the roller coaster phase) there will be more and more threads containing parks and coasters.

The game is out as an early access game on steam for 30.00 USD, and while i'm waiting for the roller coasters to be added to get it, you can get it now.

Thank you for your response.

And no thank you to anyone else who thinks that a father and working stiff (teacher) without a ton of extraneous income is gonna buy a game with flat rides and paths and no coasters.

Let me know when the game isn't partially complete, and I will purchase it. Until then, I will save my money and play computer games that are actually on sale once they are finished. Crazy concept, I realize.

Maybe 16 year old coaster dorks with cash from their job at Wendy's have money to throw away on a game that isn't even completed, but this coaster dork who has kids and a mortgage cannot....

^^ and ^^^

Thank you for your response.

And no thank you to anyone else who thinks that a father and working stiff (teacher) without a ton of extraneous income is gonna buy a game with flat rides and paths and no coasters.

Let me know when the game isn't partially complete, and I will purchase it. Until then, I will save my money and play computer games that are actually on sale once they are finished. Crazy concept, I realize.

Maybe 16 year old coaster dorks with cash from their job at Wendy's have money to throw away on a game that isn't even completed, but this coaster dork who has kids and a mortgage cannot....

I think you're being overly harsh and completely unfair. The game is being developed by ONE GUY and it's a ton of hard work and very expensive. I would invite you to read this EXCELLENT article recently posted by Yacht Club Games on their Shovel Knight kickstarter and release: http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/08/sales-one-month/

Pantera is just one guy developing the core of the game, and instead of having many delays where people cannot play at all, he's chosen the route to include everyone to be part of the development process. You're able to play the early release and get familiar with all the different modules of the game, give input, and be involved.

While personally, I don't have the time to play the game in an early release format, and I most certainly an more interested in the final product, the direction the development has taken I think it's a FANTASTIC idea.

In summary - If you don't like how this is being developed, don't buy it. No need to be rude or obnoxious about it.

I think the game will be worth the wait.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• 1 month later...

^And they get even better! Wish I had a rift.

Hello Everyone,

A new update has been uploaded and it contains many great new features.

We are pleased to announce that this new build integrates Oculus Rift support. This is a feature many of our Kickstarter backers have been looking forward to, so we set aside time during this development stage to add Oculus support and fulfill our Kickstarter commitment. We sincerely thank our backers for their continued support. To activate Oculus Rift from within Steam, simply right click on Theme Park Studio from within your game library and click 'Properties'. Next click 'Set Launch Options', type in -oculusfullscreen ( for fullscreen mode) or -oculus for windowed mode.

In addition, this build also contains the following new features:

Four new coasters (Giga, Dragster, Floorless, and Inverted)

Animated brakes transport tires, and new LIMs

Block segments

Multiple trains per coaster

Dynamic track selection (change coaster track type even after you build your design)

Dynamic train length

Advanced Properties Panel

Custom Train Importing

Brake hold time

Fullscreen mode

These enhancements will greatly improve on the quality and realism of your coasters.

Most of the audio has been recorded and over 200 samples created. Audio will be integrated over the next couple weeks. We will also be finishing wood coasters for the final Stage 3 release.

Finally, before our Early Access launch, we built multiple custom rides for backers as part of their rewards program. Now that some of the dust has settled, we will be returning to that portion of art production and finishing off our custom ride list.

In case you missed it, here is the September park of the Month by EMC2.

We look forward to continuing to work with you during Early Access and appreciate your support!

Theme Park Studio Team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was a new update from Theme Park Studio with wooden coasters and they look great! Here's the update:

We are happy to announce that wooden coasters are near completion and ready to be released very soon. In this update, we focused on creating detailed rails and supports while still providing real-time construction of complex wooden coaster structures. For example, as the rails are shaped, the catwalks scale, ties rotate, pivot points auto adjust, and supports auto clip, all in real-time as you build. The end result is amazing looking wood coasters combined with an easy to use editor allowing you to create the coaster of your dreams.

We also added a new set of buttons to the Express Editor that allow you to dynamically add tiers to your support structures and change the textures.

We also added some auto smoothing to the rolls for all coaster types.

Train audio will also be introduced in the next update along with a few more trains, two of them (Blue Streak and Mine Train) were custom ride reward fulfillments from Kickstarter backers.

We look forward to the next phases and appreciate our backers working with us during early access and helping make Theme Park Studio the ultimate theme park simulator.

Looking forward to the auto smoothening as the coasters I currently try to build are too jerky and have poor transitions. While I like the look, I feel the way to build attractions could be a little easier and an undo button would help quite a bit and simplify things much more. Like the look of the wooden coasters though.

• 3 weeks later...
Coaster Stage 3 Released - Wood Coasters, Audio, Mine Trains, and More!

Hello Everyone,

We are happy to announce a new Theme Park Studio update has been released. This update brings the much anticipated wood coasters and includes:

Wood Coasters and Tiered Supports

Mountain Flyer Coaster

Mine Train Coasters

Coaster Audio

Rail Mirror Functions

Bank Smoothing

Support Texture Switching

Optimizations

In this update, we focused on creating detailed wood coaster rails and supports, while still providing real-time easy construction. For example, as the rails are shaped, the catwalks scale, ties rotate, pivot points auto adjust, and supports auto clip, all in real-time as you build. The end result is amazing looking wood coasters built using a super easy to use real-time editor, allowing you to create the coaster of your dreams.

Amazing coaster audio was also introduced in this update. Now you can become fully immersed in the coaster experience as you hear digitally recorded lifts, hydraulics, brakes, ambient sounds, wheel roars, and more.. Of course, our Oculus Rift support takes immersion to an even further level.

We also added a new set of buttons to the Express Editor that allow you to dynamically add tiers to your support structures and change the textures.

Per customer request, we added new horizontal and vertical mirror buttons to the editor, allowing you to quickly and easily reverse the direction of any new, or pre-built, coaster segment.

Auto smoothing was added to banks for all coaster types.

Optimizations were added to further improve framerate during construction and playback.

Finally, a few new trains were introduced with this update. These include the new wood and mine train rail styles.

We look forward to the next phases and appreciate everyone working with us during early access and helping make Theme Park Studio the ultimate theme park simulator.

Theme Park Studio Team

I'm glad to see the mirror function added for the express editor, hopefully it will make it easier for people like me who aren't too good at advanced building, I could never get the exits out of my dive loops right on my wing-riders without it going the wrong way but this should help me. Will be nice to have some sounds as the roller-coasters go around too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This was posted on Theme Park Studio's Facebook

Hello Everyone,

We are happy to announce phase 7 is near complete. In this phase particle effects have been integrated. Theme Park Studio contains a very powerful particles' engine. Many types of effects can be created using our extensive set of options and controls.

As with other modules of Theme Park Studio, particle effects have been designed to be both easy to use and fully customizable, appealing to both the casual and advanced users. Casual users can enjoy a simple point and click method of adding particle effects to almost any scenery object, while advanced users have full access to the particle parameters for creating unique particle effects. Two new libraries have been introduced, Particle Scenery and Particle Effects

Particle Scenery

The Particle Scenery Library contains scenery objects that can easily be placed anywhere in your scene. Like other scenery objects, simply click on the thumbnail and place the particle object in your scene. Some objects contain animated texture maps for finely detailed elements, like waterfall mist curtains. Other elements will emit particles to create stunning animated visuals, like fountains and fireworks.

Particle Effects

The Particle Effects Library is useful for adding particle effects to existing objects in your scene. Adding effects is as simple as clicking on the thumbnail, then clicking on the object in your scene you want to receive the effect. For example, if you have a cabin in your scene, clicking on the smoke thumbnail, then clicking on the cabin chimney, will instantly add smoke. The smoke effect is now part of the cabin. When you move the cabin, the particle effect will move with it. You can even attach particle effects to flat rides!

New Procedural Skies and improved lighting:

Soon we will be rolling out new procedural skies and improved lighting. The new dynamic skies include animated clouds, time lapsed lighting, lens flares, weather effects, dynamic time of day rendering, and even Crepuscular Rays which together produce stunning results.

Undo

Finally, we have been working hard to implement community requests while developing the phases. In this update we are starting to roll out Undo. In this next phase you can Undo coaster rail transformation and deletion. We will continue to work hard to fulfill backer requests over the next phases.

We look forward to moving on to phase 8 and appreciate our backers working with us during Early Access.

Thank you for your support.

11015225_1035556256458883_5687872589948067663_n.jpg?oh=67b696adc196d2d79b0723ce5f29735e&oe=55717405&__gda__=1433765461_090d34a7f8c79fd66ef9a804b4e1987c

10952416_1035556266458882_7367320471326285757_n.jpg?oh=3fa78b7ee5eb8673c6902d530761d269&oe=55B7698E

10994639_1035556243125551_9040466871339748523_n.jpg?oh=9064178181e704c54c91b445bfb25e4b&oe=55BA2438

11050095_1035556263125549_5516199386304224262_n.jpg?oh=5adcc96eae775d94e3c1e7b221e12d19&oe=5589DCBF&__gda__=1434315142_f3e1ef1312d6adcb497b99b124e5e923

10409749_1035556246458884_9142879736237735494_n.jpg?oh=f486be06b9b6f703930cd21651aaaa2d&oe=5576499B

11030824_1035556283125547_1773147324087009776_n.jpg?oh=58d1befaa05be55f979bb712fe181f99&oe=55B70ED7&__gda__=1437857632_d161e3a3015f5c70c37bc0330da0bae9