TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

I'd say the biggest problem right now is the absence of an undo function (I'll probably fill a feature request to get one, it would really be useful!)

Hell yes!! Especially as some finer landscaping can have dramatic and unexpected results on paths, scenery and structures! Countless times a little tweak has resulted in me basically having to redo a whole section of park.

The undo function would probably give people the confidence to achieve a lot more (or at least save their park a lot less during editing..)

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With No Limits 2, basically all you have to do is take whatever notion of simplicity that you might expect from it and just flush it down the toilet.

I'm sorry, but...what?!? What's so complicated about a control point curve?!?

I will give No Limits 2 ALL of the props for being one of the most realistic, detailed theme park/roller coaster simulators out there, It's just that the sheer amount of complexity just sucks the fun out of the experience. I like to make realistic parks and coasters as much as the next guy, but I want to have fun doing it.

If you were talking about NL1, I would agree since is really hard to handbuild coaster in that one. NL2 is much, MUCH simpler. Hell in NL2 I could build a ride that took me 2 hours in NL1 in about 20 minutes.

I guess I could be prejudiced in the fact that I could never build anything in NL1. But all of that put aside, I really think that TPS is the product for me and I can't wait until I get my boxed copy whenever it comes out (I pledged 50 bucks)

Theme Park Studio - Early Access Update #2

Hello Backers,

This past week has been very exciting. We landed on Steam's front page for a while, which was great! Thank you for all your support!

The first few days after launch were spent helping backers with their keys, and providing support. After the dust settled, we were able to get back to development. Even though it has only been a week of coding, we already have new build. Our backers requested some additional options for controls, as well as easier methods for creating path intersections, so we added new features to accommodate their requests.

The new build has been uploaded. The next time you run Theme Park Studio, Steam will automatically update your system.

Besides fixes, this new build includes a new "Options" panel, which can be found under "Tools" on the menu bar. These new options include

"Camera Controls"

Scroll Speed

Rotation Speed

Zoom Speed

Edge Scrolling - (Move the mouse to the edge for auto scroll)

Invert Pitch - (Inverts mouse movement to control camera pitch)

Smooth Enable - (Enables/Disables camera movement smoothing)

Swap Rotate/Pan button - (Swaps right click to orbit, and center click to pan... Combined with our new Edge Scrolling option, this configuration brings familiar controls for those who requested it)

"Water Options:"

Reflect Scenery

Refract Scenery

Reflect Trees

Refract Trees

Refract Terrain

Reflect Terrain

NOTE: Reflection and Refraction for Scenery and Trees are new. They should be used sparingly on large scenes since they will consume resources on your graphic's card.

"Detail Settings" Adjusting the detail settings will help improve frame rate, for those who need a little boost: Settings include:

Scenery Detail

Coaster Detail

Particle Detail

Tree Details

"Render Settings" Adjusting the render quality will also help improve frame rate. Settings include:

Shadow (On/Off)

Anti-alias (On/Off)

Glow (On/Off)

"New Path Presets"

Also included in the build are some great new path presets. They can be found in the "Path Library" panel, beneath the various path types. These presets include intersections, pads, forks, and hubs. Creating a pad or intersection is now as simple as a single click. Intersections will automatically trim sidewalks, fences, and path objects as needed. If you want custom pad sizes and specific path placement you still have all the freedom with our original pads, and our easy 'Path to Pad' quick align feature.

Finally, we are truly impressed with how quickly the community has created custom content, uploaded tutorials in multiple languages, and developed complete park environments. Here are just a few samples of some of the amazing work developed by the community. Click here to view

Thank you for your continued support!

Theme Park Studio Team

As soon as coasters are available, I'll definitely put some money down. Any idea how soon they'll be up?

Given the on-going development costs I'm guessing the sooner you put your money down the faster it'll be! Or at least, the better it willbe when it is complete.

Not saying they can't afford to finish the game, but a big part of releasing 'early access' must be to top-up development budget.

As soon as coasters are available, I'll definitely put some money down. Any idea how soon they'll be up?

Coasters are available for the devs themselves so they have them but want it completed enough before we will be able to ride/construct them ourselves.

Thinking it got pushed back several times before it even got on Steam it's difficult to even give an estimate.

Given the on-going development costs I'm guessing the sooner you put your money down the faster it'll be! Or at least, the better it willbe when it is complete.

Not saying they can't afford to finish the game, but a big part of releasing 'early access' must be to top-up development budget.

Oh, well really money is kinda short right now but if it helps them move quicker I'll reconsider!

Does this game have RMC track? (hybrid or topper doesnt matter) If not, it should.

Tps replied to me asking that question/ The answer is no. But like the above comment says someone can make it

I think it should be relatively easy to make any type of track. The way the track is 'drawn' progressively would require just a basic cross section model of the track, which is then extruded, with I presume a second model of the track ties copied at regular intervals.

I'm a cad designer and this must be how it works, so creating custom coaster track (by copying then modifying an existing track type) should be a lot easier than in rtc3, where you would need to modify each preset track piece.

So I'm expecting a coaster track could be used to create just about any track ride: monorail, train, boats and even cars.

Does this game have RMC track? (hybrid or topper doesnt matter) If not, it should.

Tps replied to me asking that question/ The answer is no. But like the above comment says someone can make it

I think it should be relatively easy to make any type of track. The way the track is 'drawn' progressively would require just a basic cross section model of the track, which is then extruded, with I presume a second model of the track ties copied at regular intervals.

I'm a cad designer and this must be how it works, so creating custom coaster track (by copying then modifying an existing track type) should be a lot easier than in rtc3, where you would need to modify each preset track piece.

So I'm expecting a coaster track could be used to create just about any track ride: monorail, train, boats and even cars.

I'm kind of wondering the same thing as it would really make the game an epic win in my book. I think it would be kind of restrictive if they only came out with a certain number of tracks and say "there you go. You can't create your own" or even "we'll create them for you". Looking through the files for where you can place stuff for the game, I haven't came across a folder for tracks, but hopefully it could be added later on or be a folder I overlooked.

I guess the alternative would be to possibly create the RMC or ride that has a non-offered track style would be to completely design and import the ride as a flat ride.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From their Facebook.....

Hello Everyone!

Things are progressing well with phase 3. In addition to the existing controls and functionality seen in the videos, we are adding an additional quick start interface for casual designers. Now Theme Park Studio will have the best of both worlds, custom track curvature for the advanced users, and a simple point and click panel for the casual coaster builder. This is in addition to the custom train designer already built for phase 3.

As mentioned in the last newsletter, a new feature has been added to Theme Park Studio. As requested from the community, we are excited to announce Steam Workshop has now been integrated. You can now browse through libraries of Parks, Rides, Custom Scenery, and Environments built by the community, without ever leaving the program. There is also a new 'Publish' feature, for uploading your creations directly from Theme Park Studio.

We also enabled the 'Enter Park' button. Even though walkthroughs are still a work in progress, it adds a new dimension taking virtual tours of community built parks.

With Steam Workshop, casual players can now simply browse through libraries of parks and custom content, and with a couple clicks, become immersed in a virtual theme park world!

Finally, our Oculus Rift Dev Kit 2 will be arriving in the near future, and that will take the virtual park experience to a whole new level.

Very exciting updates lie ahead, and we look forward to continuing in the Early Access program with all our backers.

Thank you for your continued support!

Theme Park Studio Team

This is the news that I have been dying to hear from Theme Park Studio. Easy coaster building for those who have great ideas for theme parks yet aren't as technically apt to do any major CGI work.