TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

^ Would you rather wait or have a less-than stellar product?

I think it sucks that people continue to complain about this. Give the developers a break, they are working their asses off around the clock for YOU. Sure, the game might be late, but I would put my entire life savings on the bet that if they release the game too early, MORE people would complain that it wasn't good than those people who will complain if the game was delayed, but turned out to be great.

Just have some patience.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This development takes time and I am sure Robb can elaborate more based on his experience, but I don't believe for a moment that TPS developers just wanted to finish the kickstarter campaign and put the software out the next day!

People need to have patience and be assured that when the game is released (even the Beta version), people will be pleased with ALL of the effort the TPS team put into it.

I am actually glad they are dotting all of the 'I's' and crossing all of the "T's"-even if it means more time needed!

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think people are over-reading how much the early release will actually do as well when it is first released, by the sounds of it the construction of rides will be added as ready. No problem with this, as said above it's better to release something when it is ready but I just hope people aren't expecting to pick up their early release and start getting straight into building a full blown park, the early release sounds more to trying out each feature and testing it with the next ones unlocking in patches etc.

This worries me too. It seems most of the people clamoring for this are VERY impatient and don't seem to be reading the details. They just want their hyper realistic specific coaster and that's it. They probably think a beta is a finished game, when it could change drastically.

From experience a finished product is wayyyy better than a product released early due to deadlines (for example, every Microsoft product)

I'm really looking forward to this game. My favorite thing to do in RCT/2/3 was actually making parks more so than managing parks, and since this looks much better than RCT3 this is perfect. The one thing that really "irks" me about this game is the roller coaster creator in the trailer. The X-celerator recreation for example looked really pumpy and rough, is this just because it was quickly thrown together for the trailer or is it actually possible to make smooth rides ala Nolimits with a bit more time?

Also, has it been said how much space the is for making the park yet? like is there a fixed size the park can be, or can it get as large as you want?

• 2 weeks later...

After playing some of the PS4 games and Xbox One games that were rushed out to make it for the release, I'm all for waiting as long as it takes to have a complete and polished game versus have a rushed game so people have something immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news platinum backers, the TPS team just posted a new update and it looks like we will get our early edition acces trough steam very soon ! There are also other good news concerning Intamin, but I won't steal the punch. Details here :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park/posts

I'm super excited about this ! Who else is ?

So is Beta February 10th? Or is that the release date for the final product?

The first release is pre-beta, the feature set isn't complete. They're doing it this way to get as much feedback as possible.. Maybe try reading the announcement? First paragraph...

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

What the developers say:

“Theme Park Studio is still in development and is being released in stages. Please only purchase if you are interested in being involved in the ongoing development of this exciting project. This includes testing, debugging, and supplying new feature requests! We listen to our backers! We have been, and continue to be, a community based project!!!

The development of this game has come a LONG way since the kickstarter, but there is still much to do!

Looks like i'll have to dig my version of Windows out and get it installed on Bootcamp. I pledged for it to help Pantera out with their Kickstarter and hope they would reach their stretch goal of a Mac version. It's a shame they didn't but I can live with that!

It looks a really spectacular game and the amount of detail included is excellent. I noticed that on the Steam site, there is a video showcasing coaster trains and they are all referred to by manufacturer name, are these all officially licensed (I realise Intamin will be as they wrote about that) but wondered about the others. The trains are so realistic and it will make parks built using this game so much nicer.

I really don't understand why there are some people on facebook complaining about it being early access on steam when they'd paid for a closed-beta. I'm confused what they think they are being cheated out of since even before it was announced for steam, you could still become a backer and part of the beta by backing it on theme park studios funding site so it seems to me that nothings changed. Pay for early access on steam or back it through theme park studios site, both give you early access so it was never exactly "closed".

I only noticed because I went on facebook because I hadn't heard anything about my custom ride request and was just curious about the time-frame for those on whether they were working on them now or would they be making them after early access release or making them after full game release etc, I wasn't in a hurry I was just curious on the time frame, I was hugely surprised when an e-mail showed up the next day to show me a render. It looks fantastic. I'd requested one of the first rides I remember from my childhood, and though I was expecting something that would look a little more generic it looks exactly like the one from that fairground, the only difference I could see was the seats (which doesn't bother me), it even has the same colors and style of the specific ride from that place. It looks incredible. Heck even the fence around the ride matches the photo.

Edited by Garet

I noticed that on the Steam site, there is a video showcasing coaster trains and they are all referred to by manufacturer name, are these all officially licensed (I realise Intamin will be as they wrote about that) but wondered about the others.

When I was communicating with developers, they originally only had Intamin licenses back when they started doing custom ride / train requests. I asked for the B&M WingCoaster, and they said that they were seeking out more licenses, so have a plan B. One developer then told me that he had gotten a B&M license worked out and could make me a train. I said X-Flight trains would be best because they seem like the most "generic" of Wing Coaster trains.

TL;DR - All the trains (hopefully) have an official license.

Edited by LiMiT