TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

This looks really good for a casual coaster designing market. More impressive and powerful then RCT, but I still think the NL2 will be the standard for those very serious about designing simulated coasters. With that said, I can see this catching on more with the GP then NL2.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one that's really not that impressed with this? This is basically just RCT3 mixed with Hyper Rails... It'll be fine for "general coaster enthusiasts" But I believe NL2 will be way more powerful than this with the scripting it can do and to be honest the wooden coaster supports look like they came from RCT3 with barely any change... No wonder I don't really see anyone excited about this besides on tpr.

Am I the only one that's really not that impressed with this? This is basically just RCT3 mixed with Hyper Rails... It'll be fine for "general coaster enthusiasts" But I believe NL2 will be way more powerful than this with the scripting it can do and to be honest the wooden coaster supports look like they came from RCT3 with barely any change... No wonder I don't really see anyone excited about this besides on tpr.

You're not impressed with it because this game wasn't made to appeal to you. I don't understand why people are having such a hard time with this.

No Limits does NOT appeal to a wide audience. It's way too complex and over-complicated for someone that just wants to make roller coasters for fun without needing to know every detail about everything on the planet in order to do so.

I loved the RCT series, and while I have downloaded and paid for a copy of No Limits, I have never been able to figure out how to use it.

Maybe NL appeals to those die-hards, but it's certainly not for a casual gamer, which is most certainly what I am.

I think people who are drawing comparisons to NL and TPS aren't quite "getting" what this game is. IMO, Theme Park Studio is much like like RCT (minus the money-aspect) of building a park than NL is. You can't just "pick up" No Limits and play it. But one of the goals behind TPS is for it to be intuitive and appeal to a wider audience.

--Robb "Really wish people would just stop comparing NL and TPS." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

So glad I supported this project! I'm planning on buying no limits 2, but I have a feeling I will play this more.

NoLimits forced me to learn how to make 3DS files as that was the only way to have a good looking station and environment.

TPS will make it easy to make good looking coasters, stations, and parks. The whole package. NL2 will do one aspect of that, and do it better, but TPS will be more "well rounded."

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! With all this hoopla about NoLimits 2, did we forget about the -other- awesome new theme park sim in development, Theme Park Studio?

Theme Park Studio has released a new update on Kickstarter! Check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park/posts/686412

Over the next couple weeks we will continue to polish until the focus group testing shows it is ready for the 'Early Edition' release. We are pushing for late December, but it is still hard to say for sure. As mentioned in the last update, it could get bumped to January. One thing is for sure, when we do release, the build needs to be solid and our focus testing will determine that state.

a28903ccdb5272fb47552a4ffd0fde07_large.png?1386350746

Oh no ! Not ANOTHER push back ! I totally, completely understand the TPS team wants to make the best product as possible, and that's perfectly comprehensible, but each time they tell us the beta is soon starting, they crush my hopes by doing another push back. Sad...

Anyway, the flooless train is very good, and even with the push back I'm still totally looking forward to playing it !

It doesn't sound like too much of a push-back to me. If they get something out later this month, even if it's just an environment to play with, I'll be pleased. I'm not expecting to be able to play this until March, but I really do think it's worth it if waiting will allow me to have something that is worth spending countless hours playing vs. something that only holds my attention for a few days.

Does that gyroscope-looking car represent a real ride? Because I'm slightly terrified just looking at it. In a good way.

Higher-level backers were given the opportunity to work with the development team and have a conceptual ride of their own choosing be put into the game. I'm pretty sure that the gyroscope coaster is one of those.

• 3 weeks later...

Via it's FB page

Hello Backers,

We just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their patience and support. We have a lot invested into this product and years of work. It is absolutely critical for us that any released version is polished and solid. We are very close to our 'Early Edition' release but it is difficult to put an exact date. We are trying to bridge a gap between professional visualization tools and easy to use gaming software. It is possible to just release the product as is, but this is not something we are considering. We all know there is competition for this demographic, even though our product is clearly different. If we want to compete, we need to have the same approach....don't release until it is ready. Right now we are still hoping for sometime in January for the 'Early Edition' partial release. This is a 100 percent indie project and it helps to know we have the community behind us. We will keep you updated regularly. Thank you for your patience and helping us achieve our goals.

Don't know how to quote on Tapatalk.

^ Would you rather wait or have a less-than stellar product?

I think it sucks that people continue to complain about this. Give the developers a break, they are working their asses off around the clock for YOU. Sure, the game might be late, but I would put my entire life savings on the bet that if they release the game too early, MORE people would complain that it wasn't good than those people who will complain if the game was delayed, but turned out to be great.

Just have some patience.

^I will definitely wait to have an excellent product as it is necessary, I am just a little too excited about the game and always sad when there's a push-back, but I totally understand Pantera's reasons behind their decision and will wait like everyone else. Sorry if you took it as a complain, I'll be more constructive next time.

If there is one thing I've learned from my 22 years of game development is that timing is everything. If you release a crappy product due to pressure of the public getting impatient, that is FAR WORSE than spending the necessary time to finish the game you started out to build. You end up blowing your chance to impress and you've just wasted whatever time and money that was spent working on the game.

I can tell you first hand that Steve and the TPS team are NOT delaying the game on purpose and they more than anyone else want to get the game done and released, but it just doesn't make sense to release something that is not "ready."

Hope you guys can understand that and also help promote that way of thinking!

Thank you!

--Robb

^^ Exactly, SEGA rushed Sonic 06' because Sony and Microsoft needed a Christmas realease and look at what happened. We got a buggy as heck game with no coherrent story or gameplay whatsoever. I REALLY don't want TPS to turn out like Sonic 06', so you guys need to stop rushing Pantera.

I think people are over-reading how much the early release will actually do as well when it is first released, by the sounds of it the construction of rides will be added as ready. No problem with this, as said above it's better to release something when it is ready but I just hope people aren't expecting to pick up their early release and start getting straight into building a full blown park, the early release sounds more to trying out each feature and testing it with the next ones unlocking in patches etc.

Please keep in mind, as we mentioned in the last update, the 'Early Edition' is only a partial release to give our backers a build they can use to start creating environments, importing assets, etc.... Additional modules like coaster construction and flat ride animators will be released in phases as modules are polished