TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve from Pantera just emailed me a couple pictures of the ride I requested as a Kickstarter backer. He asked me to keep it confidential, so I can't show it off here, but I just wanted to say - wow; they certainly aren't taking any kind of shortcuts at all with the backer requested rides! It looks every bit as amazing and detailed as all the rides they've released so far. With how many people backed at a high enough level to get a ride made for the game, and this kind of quality on all of them, there's going to be a ton of absolutely amazing rides in this game even on launch day! I can't wait until everyone can see this one.

I don't suppose it was a 1st generation intamin freefall?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park/posts/576809

Yep, that one was mine! I can't wait to see all the others, and ride them in the game!

• 1 month later...

Hey there TPR!

I am here to be your TPS ambassador. I am an enthusiast of the genre who has played RCT3 for the 9 years it's been out, attempting to uncover every nook and cranny of the program. I've created parks, coaster films, dark rides, pyrotechnic shows, custom vegetation in a number of themes and park-related long-running forum games - I mention this to show you that I'm no flash-in-the-pan fan of the RCT3 community.

I've been impressed with how TPR has been receiving news of this game. It's nice to have an ally in this digital world where it's easier to tear something down for the glorification of an anonymous ego, than it is to support a venerable idea. TPS is developed by a smaller-scale company, and for many, it's promotion has raised a lot of questions. The reason I have confidence in this game is that it is the exact OPPOSITE of what we've seen from the big names lately - Pantera has, from the start, been interested in creating a gaming experience that is only limited by your own imagination. Instead of telling us what they want, they've been working tirelessly to install a series of extremely open customization modules that give the player unmatched control over their creations.

However, I understand that TPS' official promotion has been a little unpolished and some gameplay demonstrations have made the product seem more restrictive than it really is. What I want to provide for TPR is clarification. If you have any nagging questions about the program, I am here to answer as best as I can. If I don't know the answer to a question, I will find out for you.

You've been good to TPS - let TPS be good to you!

Uh, no offense - but you just changed your avatar to "I heart TPS" and made your first post in over two years. What makes you know more about Theme Park Studio than anyone else?

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I'd rather have my questions answered by the developers themselves, especially considering that I've paid good money for and put my faith into a game that hasn't been released yet.

^^ Yeah, I mean, what AJ said. Not only that, I've been running a lot of their social media and I'm in direct contact with the developers on a regular basis. So if there is anything or anyone who is going to spread the word about the game here, it's gonna be me.

And I can tell you, they are making a LOT of progress, they are just heads down working right now.

I have been in contact with the team as well and I'm trying to get awareness of the game out to multiple communities - ones that haven't necessarily seen the facebook updates or twitter feed. I'm also looking for honest feedback that I can bring back to Pantera so that they can prioritize what features are most important to the user. In addition to that, I'm scouting for 3d models and build sets to bolster TPS' initial offerings.

But my core job is putting minds at ease if there are nagging questions from the various videos posted - questions that I hear a lot of are:

Do we have to have our paths lined with trees?

Do we have to have a concrete hub to place any ride?

Do we have to always have that waterfall in the park?

Does the animator only work for flatrides?

And these could be things that silently eat away at the confidence in the game - all things that can be easily answered but currently haven't been by the promotional material.

^ Thanks, but we don't need your help here. I'll take care of any Theme Park Studio updates. You should probably focus on other communities, then. Ones that don't have someone that communicates directly with the head of development on the game on a regular basis.

Edited by robbalvey

I'll back out of this community then.

But I'll leave with this: why choose to talk down to me because you think you hold a position of power? I too have been asked to be a part of the internal team, and will be getting to see the product in action in a few days. I did not mean to step on your toes - all I want to do is to clear up the rumors surrounding this product and offer your community a place to ask, freely, whatever they want to know.

^I think the point is, we are less in need of rumor clarification here, not only because of how closely our members have watched the development of this game, and because we do have that inside track with Robb.

While the notion of clearing things up is appreciated, I think you'll find very little confusion on this site when it comes to the game. We've got over 560 posts about the game, many of which were made by the Kickstarter backers on this site. Those of us that put our money into the pot are especially watchful of what is factually happening with the game as opposed to rumor.

I'll back out of this community then.

But I'll leave with this: why choose to talk down to me because you think you hold a position of power? I too have been asked to be a part of the internal team, and will be getting to see the product in action in a few days. I did not mean to step on your toes - all I want to do is to clear up the rumors surrounding this product and offer your community a place to ask, freely, whatever they want to know.

Had you done ANY research at all you would have known that this was 'position' was not needed AT ALL on this site. If you're really part of the internal team, you should probably do a better job on future tasks. No one is talking down to you, you're the one being obnoxious now. Don't let the door hit you on the way out of our community.

As someone with less than a dozen posts, may I also sign up to be an internal liaison to a community that already has one? I probably can't change my avatar, but I did beta test RCT3 once. I also almost met Robb once at the Apopka Food Truck Roundup, but then it rained and he left because he was smarter than me. But I did get my lobster roll, so

Thanks for the consideration,

Jay

As someone with less than a dozen posts, may I also sign up to be an internal liaison to a community that already has one? I probably can't change my avatar, but I did beta test RCT3 once. I also almost met Robb once at the Apopka Food Truck Roundup, but then it rained and he left because he was smarter than me. But I did get my lobster roll, so

Thanks for the consideration,

Jay

You sound legit. As someone with absolutely no credentials or authority within this community, I'll second your motion to become an internal liaison!

Glad you got your lobster roll though- they're well worth the wait!

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who may have miss it, TPS today uploaded a new video showcasing several features :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O9uXDC0leI

It demonstrates the new custom train builder, custom camera fly-throughs (AKA Flying Camera Route Editor in RCT3), new track in action including B&M and Intamin Hyper/Giga, rail coloring, and new terrain textures. Finally, it shows new buildings and custom scenery.

They also explained on their Kickstarter that due to new features beeing integrated, the final release date was pushed back in April 2014 and the Beta in mid-december.

I have to say, with this new video, I simply can't wait for the beta ! I think the track looks a lot smoother and realistic than in previous videos, and the new train editor looks like a very good addition on the feature list !

Edited by robbalvey

So excited for this game! I really have no problem with them pushing back the date. I'd rather wait longer for a perfected game than get it now with a bunch of bugs and un-added features.

I can't wait to see what else they have in store before April. My expectations were exceeded long ago!