TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

I'm definitely hopeful that they can reach their stretch goal to make this a Mac-compatible game as well. I'm sure this will run fine on Parallels, but running the program natively would likely deliver better results.

That being said, I'm still happy to have given my support, regardless of what platforms the game ends up on.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a Mac goal? How much is it?

$130,000.

I'll post some first impressions of the closed beta soon.

Don't get on your high horse just yet. I'm sure that there are plenty of people here on the forum that will be part of the beta test (myself included). You'll have plenty of opportunity in the games forum to share discoveries, believe me.

Edited by A.J.

I donated $50 to the project last Friday. I'm glad to see it more than passed it's goal by a longshot!

I doubt the closed beta will begin until well into the middle of summer. They still have a ton of work to get the game ready for a Fall release. I'm interested in seeing how they manage the upper tier of rewards (200+) as they're not quite as clear cut as 100 and below.

I donated $50 to the project last Friday. I'm glad to see it more than passed it's goal by a longshot!

I doubt the closed beta will begin until well into the middle of summer. They still have a ton of work to get the game ready for a Fall release. I'm interested in seeing how they manage the upper tier of rewards (200+) as they're not quite as clear cut as 100 and below.

I'm not even sure about how the 100 will work. I assumed by the description when they said a new coaster train or flat ride, you would take one of the existing rides such as the wooden coaster and ask for a train on that pre-existing coaster, such as timberliners or even a decoration of one of the trains already included but the comments section seems to make it seem like people are thinking that they will get a new roller-coaster from scratch, e.g. asking them to make an aqua-trax style ride. With 77 backers plus whatever amount pledges in the extension, that seems a lot to make considering there's only 20 coasters and 30 flat rides in the platinum, although I know the staff mentioned in the comments for flat rides it's as simple as saying "make me a scrambler", I wonder what the limits are for the coasters in those tiers.

Oh, yeah, I need to decide what ride I want to have them make, then! I barely even paid attention to the rewards, I just donated to help see the game happen.

I'd say Enterprise, but that's common enough that if it's not already going to be in the game, someone will have made one within the first week...Hmmm. Power Surge? Oooh, Roll-o-plane! No, maybe a the Bayern Kurve! Hmm...or...

Oh, yeah, I need to decide what ride I want to have them make, then! I barely even paid attention to the rewards, I just donated to help see the game happen.

I'd say Enterprise, but that's common enough that if it's not already going to be in the game, someone will have made one within the first week...Hmmm. Power Surge? Oooh, Roll-o-plane! No, maybe a the Bayern Kurve! Hmm...or...

Personally I'd go with a screamin swing as being uncommon enough to not be chosen but still an awesome ride.

I will try to make a few creations myself but really I know there are die hard RCT fans who will take this game and run with it. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I just watched a few of the video updates and It really looks like the possibilities are endless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TPS uploaded a new update about an hour ago!

This looks like incredible terrain customization!

Link to post which also has some photos at the end of the article, and i dont understand all the geeky explanation, but it sounds awesome!

And we STILL have no system requirements for this right? I know they are still designing the game, but shouldn't they know whats its going to need to run it? They are testing on some sort of system, so they must know by now.

I can tell you that by having produced many PC games myself, you don't really know final system reqs until Beta, and even then it can change. You have to remember that right now they are running the game in a "development environment", and at the moment their target machine isn't going to be a priority. The priority is going to be getting in as many features as possible in the short amount of time they have, and THEN they will optimize the game for different system reqs.

You also have to remember that making a PC game means you literally have over 1 million different configurations out there. That's a LOT of work for compatibility testing, and you can't really do that until the game is done.

So yeah, the "testing they are doing on some sort of system" is probably the highest end PC config known to man. Optimization comes last. It always has.

Please be patient. I'm sure they'll release it as soon as they can. It's not like they are purposely holding information back or anything.

When can we expect the beta?

Unfortunately, with the amount of features remaining to be integrated, along with losing a little time managing the Kickstarter campaign, our release date needs to be pushed back. Our development schedule has us looking at November for the beta release, and January for final release. Since most backers are part of the beta, this means most will be able to start building Theme Parks just a couple months after the original scheduled release date.