TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or better yet, be able to import a ride texture, that way you can stick custom graphics and such on it, especially if you're trying to fit it in a certain theme (say that you wanted it to have an old wood look to fit in maybe a jungle-themed area or a western area). I'll probably duplicate this thought over at their site.

Or that too!

Theme Park Studio have posted yet another BIG update!

First off all, their animation module looks fantastic! Note that is one of the "advanced features" of the game, and you can still make a park filled with pre-built flat rides. This animation module is for people who want to MAKE brand new flat rides, from scratch, animate them, and share with other players. TPS tells us that this has never been done before in any other theme park sim! We're excited! Check out the video below, and the've also sent us some new screen shots of a Huss Top Spin, and a sneak preview of another new flat ride. Any ideas on what that could be?

Remember to LIKE this on Facebook for more updates: http://www.facebook.com/themeparkstudio

Theme_Park_Studio_Logo_small.jpg.c35126286e544907d6777d295f8a5cde.jpg

Official Game Logo!

animation1.thumb.png.afb4a0656411e96980343314ad42c496.png

Screen Shot from the animation module

animation2.thumb.png.648ffdae63ae13400a64614dc9c04f24.png

Another screen shot from the animation module

frisbee2.thumb.jpg.9dddc90fdf779279710e567a821347ef.jpg

Huss Frisbee.

topspin1.thumb.jpg.d5dfe2676737de00f953e40b62cd983e.jpg

Huss Top Spin

topspin3.thumb.jpg.b38afcbb82328fcfdc572bfc6addec5b.jpg

Huss Top Spin

teaser.jpg.02b410b4cde29bba24cff2aff86049cd.jpg

And what could this ride possibly be?!?!?

It looks like Theme Park Studio will have some incredibly intelligent object snaps. That would help me tremendously, as I can focus on making the individual parts of the model and not have to constrain them as I make them.

Absolutely. NoLimits is the only theme-park-ish simulation program (that I know of) that can handle importation of 3DS objects with no external tools, but you can't animate the objects you put in.

The unprecedented thing is that you can create the models and animate them directly in Theme Park Studio.

I originally thought that the "create your own flat ride" system would be that you have a few bases to use, and you can decide how many arms the ride has, and how many seats are on each arm, etc etc, but this is completely unexpected and awesome.

The unprecedented thing is that you can create the models and animate them directly in Theme Park Studio.

I originally thought that the "create your own flat ride" system would be that you have a few bases to use, and you can decide how many arms the ride has, and how many seats are on each arm, etc etc, but this is completely unexpected and awesome.

QFT!

I really wish they would get rid of the bill boarded leaves on the trees. I know it saves a lot performance wise but actual geometry looks much better. I hope at least that they will offer ways to import your own trees and have things like texture blending, masks to fake translucency, and an engine that can handle a decent polycount on a tree. And qualified normals. This engine supports qualified normals right?

I wanted to post this when the game was first shown off. I'm sorry for taking so long.

Also, I know this probably has been asked, but it seems the overall surfaces of everything in the game is shaded without normals. What tangent basis will this engine use and what program will be the best for baking? It seems the standard is x-normal because of the fact that people use different software and x-normal is free.

I'm honestly not a big fan of any of the scenery yet. I would probably absorb myself into the game if it turns out good and make a ton of custom scenery.

^ I agree with you in one regard, I would like to see them eventually look into the surrounding scenery as it slightly pales in comparison to the fantastic level of detail they are putting into the rides!

Other than that, I have no idea what you are talking about (all the lingo). I understand that you are knowledgeable, but you come off a tad bit condescending. Pantera is putting a substantial amount of effort into this game for a relatively small market.

Absolutely. NoLimits is the only theme-park-ish simulation program (that I know of) that can handle importation of 3DS objects with no external tools, but you can't animate the objects you put in.

Actually, in the most recent update (Christmas, I think) it was revealed that NL2 will allow for animating .3DS objects. Now, my question, regarding Theme Park Studio, is are the custom designed rides just objects to add realism or do they become attractions for the guests and a source of revenue for the creator.

^ I agree with you in one regard, I would like to see them eventually look into the surrounding scenery as it slightly pales in comparison to the fantastic level of detail they are putting into the rides!

Other than that, I have no idea what you are talking about (all the lingo). I understand that you are knowledgeable, but you come off a tad bit condescending. Pantera is putting a substantial amount of effort into this game for a relatively small market.

Sorry for sounding condescending. I did not mean for the message to read that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, the ride looks great, but the lighting and particle effects seem to be the real stars in that video.

The one time I feel like I can pat myself on the back for a job well done...this happens. I am not worthy.

The lights just look amazing, I hate to even think what kind of graphics card you would need to play this game (looks like Im shopping for a new laptop). Great job TPS team, keep up the great work.