TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

I am a little afraid that this Theme Park Studio is going to be a major pain in the ass to use. Why do you think I build parks with RCT3 instead of making coasters with No Limits. RCT3 might not be the best coaster simulator ever, but at least it's usable. NL is next to goddamn impossible if you don't know what you're doing.

I hope this is cutting edge, but I'm PRAYING that it will be user friendly.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a little afraid that this Theme Park Studio is going to be a major pain in the A$$ to use. Why do you think I build parks with RCT3 instead of making coasters with No Limits. RCT3 might not be the best coaster simulator ever, but at least it's usable. NL is next to goddamn impossible if you don't know what you're doing.

I hope this is cutting edge, but I'm PRAYING that it will be user friendly.

Anything in life is more difficult to do when you don't know what your doing... Its a matter of learning the skills needed to do it. Yes, No Limits requires more time to learn and use, but its intuitive in design, where RCT 3 seems to be a bit backwards in how it works. Kinda like how Apple and PC products compare, Apple's design tends to be more intuitive.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I just bought No Limits yesterday, and tried it for the first time, and man, it really is harder to make coasters than RCT3. But I'm going to keep practicing at it until I make my first really good coaster, which will be a wood one. When Theme Park Studio comes out in the summer, I hope it's not as difficult, but I'll still try my best at it!

Ahem, shameless plug.

Every major PC or Mac application has a learning curve. I know how to use AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit Architecture, Maya, Rhino 3D, Word (both OSs), PowerPoint (both OSs), Pages, Keynote, Photoshop, Illustrator, iBooks Author and NoLimits because I took the time to go through and learn how to use them.

This will be no different - but I'm ninety-nine percent sure that this game will have plenty of pre-made coaster styles, flat rides, shops, and scenery to use. Kind of like a basic Lego set that comes with instructions on how to create your own Lego bricks to expand your set.

Thought this was an interesting Question/Answer posted to their Facebook page:

"Q: Can we see a realistic coaster please to prove that us RCT3 and no limits users will enjoy the game as much as the average Joe."

"A: Theme Park Studio: We will have more content to show soon enough. Please keep in mind that a goal of Theme Park Studio is to allow users to create their own coaster trains and coaster types, and as long as we have a strong community of players contributing content, the types of coasters you can create or import into the game is virtually unlimited."

I have a very good feeling that Theme Park Studio wants to make this the best coaster and park creater EVER!! Just imagine, you'll make realistic coasters like those in no limits, and put them into parks where guests can actually ride on them! It will be a combination of No Limits and RCT3, but with a lot better graphics, I'm sure! SUMMER CAN'T COME ANY QUICKER, I want this game NOW!!!!

^ Yup, RCT3 without the Atari BullS*** and a No Limits like coaster editor is what they are going for. I hope we will also be able to make custom track pieces (ie the Thirteen/Polar X-Plorer/Verboten drop section or the possible Smiler washing machine).

I'm not sure what to think of the absurd level of detail here. Is it really necessary to model every single bolt? I mean, if it doesn't affect the performance/file size of the model, then by all means keep them. But, having all those individual bolts seems like it would up the polygon count a bit (unless the models are NURBS-based?).

I'm sure the game will have adjustable detail levels. Besides, by the look of it most of those bolts are just textures, they aren't part of the model. The rides look great but their poly count isn't that bad compared to most AAA games now.

Or better yet, be able to import a ride texture, that way you can stick custom graphics and such on it, especially if you're trying to fit it in a certain theme (say that you wanted it to have an old wood look to fit in maybe a jungle-themed area or a western area). I'll probably duplicate this thought over at their site.