TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Here's another update from Theme Park Studio's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkStudio

Here's another shot of the castle. A new video coming Jan 27th will show how to create objects such as this in Theme Park Studio. In addition to importing custom textures and meshes built using modeling software, players will be able to create custom-built attractions and scenery out of simple objects and share them with others. The "Custom Scenery Module" used to build this castle will be like the "Minecraft of theme park simulators." Please share this image and information on any Facebook, Twitter, or Website. Thank you for your support!

ThemeParkStudio_SceneryTeaser2.thumb.png.4a54c06d7a9bbfac60cbdbb6fedcdd2a.png

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some new hotness:

(Subscribe to their Youtube page if you haven't already for future video updates)

Recommendation: Watch in full screen in HD if you can to really see what's happening. The construction reminds me of a bit of RCT3 (Awesome! Can have bits and pieces to use much like LEGOs) and some of the materials in LittleBigPlanet (LBP features a variety of different 'materials' that you can shape, though LBP goes more into physics and such with specific properties of each type of material) that you can use to create objects.

What I'm really liking: The ability to take what you have created and being able to copy and paste it...followed by being able to rotate. This could prove useful creating stations or things with repeating objects. I like that you can take the object afterwards and scale it as well...built your custom entry gates too big or is a bit off-centered? you can take it and adjust it afterwards, no need to have to tear it down and remake it (like we'd have to do in RCT3...and I've had plenty of that).

If you haven't hop on over to their Facebook and give them a like!

This is looking pretty neat, again can't wait to try this!

Edited by robbalvey

I'm still a little worried - are those pre-determined "plots" always going to be there? They don't even seem to make much sense here because the castle is built both on and off of the plot.

Everything I've heard Steve from Patnera tell me is that there will be a LOT of flexibility, like the entire game will be an open sandbox, so I'm not sure I'd worry about that.

I'm still a little worried - are those pre-determined "plots" always going to be there? They don't even seem to make much sense here because the castle is built both on and off of the plot.

I thought the same at first but then realized it is probably plots they placed. Who knows, maybe these plots can be moved and scaled!

If some haven't noticed, you are seeing their same 'demo' park in their videos. We will have a clearer idea when we see a demo on paths and such being laid out.

I thought the same at first but then realized it is probably plots they placed. Who knows, maybe these plots can be moved and scaled!

If some haven't noticed, you are seeing their same 'demo' park in their videos. We will have a clearer idea when we see a demo on paths and such being laid out.

This is exactly what I would like to see: an open area that has had no work at all done on it. No trees placed, paths placed, or land terra-formed. I'd like to see what we're starting out with when we open up a blank map. Or at least a corner of this map that they haven't developed yet.

Getting better and better!! It will be interesting to see if we'll be able to create realistic indoor attractions, such as a walk through fun house or a ghost train with actual props! Or buildings that guests can enter to buy food and merchandise, instead of having those silly stands, like RCT3 does.

Getting better and better!! It will be interesting to see if we'll be able to create realistic indoor attractions, such as a walk through fun house or a ghost train with actual props! Or buildings that guests can enter to buy food and merchandise, instead of having those silly stands, like RCT3 does.

From what Steve has told me, there will be very much of a "Minecraft" type of feel to the construction process. So if you want to create a large building, and put a bunch of props in it, I don't think there is anything stopping you from doing that. And when I say "props" meaning if you want to build them in the game you can, or if someone else has built a "fun house" set of objects you can import them.

From what Steve has told me, there will be very much of a "Minecraft" type of feel to the construction process. So if you want to create a large building, and put a bunch of props in it, I don't think there is anything stopping you from doing that. And when I say "props" meaning if you want to build them in the game you can, or if someone else has built a "fun house" set of objects you can import them.

Thanks for the info, Robb! Tell Steve to keep up the great work!!

I hope that there will be places to download custom scenery made by other people, much like RCT, because I am hopelessly lost with modeling software. Tried it in Pre-Engineering and ended up looking like an idiot. I also really hope the coaster-making isn't like No Limits because I'd never be able to get it. I've tried No Limits but I just cannot get the hang of it whatsoever.

^ I'm pretty sure there will be, after all, some people can't model (I'm one of them ). Also the coaster building will be a little harder then RCT3 but it won't be as complex as No Limits (it's in the middle between the two).

It's nice to see that a native Mac OS X version is at least being considered. I really love that Pantera is actively crowdsourcing information to help with the development of this game! Would Atari do something like this?

^ Which I have not purchased it yet...I don't really see a point in getting it to be quite honest. I am curious how the IOS versions will be but that's a completely different topic.

TPS will definitely be the answer to our requests and desires! I may as well surrender any form of social life once this game comes out

Would Atari do something like this?

Nope! Atari thinks this is an acceptable update for Roller Coaster Tycoon: http://www.gamerankings.com/3ds/641478-rollercoaster-tycoon-3d/index.html

At least Pantera is listening to the community...

I rented Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D through Gamefly and I'm so glad I didn't buy it. It is pretty terrible. The graphics aren't too terrible, not great though, but the controls are terrible.

I'm looking forward to see more video and pictures of Theme Park Studio!

Edited by jray21