TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully there is customizable scenery and queue lines in the game!

Did you read what was posted in the first post of this thread?

- Custom coaster creation. Players can bend, pull, and stretch coasters into any design they wish. Prefabricated templates are provided as helpers, if desired

- Mesh importing: Build your own environmental objects and import them for maximum customization. You can also publish your objects on our server for a royalty share.

- Particle Effects: Full integration of the 'Oasis' particle effects system allows players to create everything from waterfalls, weather effects, explosions, and much more. Particles can have triggers for setting up shows like coasters jumping through ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings of fire and splashing through water.

- Scripting: Build your own mini games.

- Networked: When finished, you can publish your game to their server, allowing the world to experience your custom theme park.

- Terrain Engine: Import your own height maps and textures to create stunning landscapes.

- Water: Control water parameters like speed, level, color, and ripple size.

- Animation: Integrated animation engine allows players to setup animated characters like people, animals, etc..

- Vegetation: 'Oasis' features an advanced vegetation engine. Pantera's proprietary technology allows players to build everything from grass to elaborate oaks. Trees are procedurally generated and can be controlled by custom wind and turbulence settings.

This game is a miracle to Roller Coaster Enthusiasts! It looks like they are trying to bring a RCT3 game into the current era of graphics and realism, great job Pantera, I will definitely be buying this game.

Another very interesting update! From their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkStudioThemeParkStudio_SceneryTeaser.thumb.png.8b13b7e329914fde9154d648530acd81.png

PLEASE SHARE THIS! Post to any Facebook, Twitter, Blog, etc.

On Jan 27th we'll post a new video showcasing the Custom Scenery Module. The video will show how we created this castle! It demonstrates importing custom meshes, creating complex objects through basic shapes, easy transformation through hot keys, switching materials, and copying sub-objects. Here is a sneak peek screenshot! Theme Park Studio will thrive on custom-built, user generated content. We want to encourage players to create new rides and scenery, and be able to share them with other players within the community. So please help us spread the word!

Liked, commented, and shared

When this comes out, I just want to bid farewell to life as this will take over. As a Facebook user said, (for those familiar with the PS3 game LittleBigPlanet), this will pretty much be the LBP in the theme park games/sims/whatever you want to classify this as...I'm going to just call it a sandbox!

Theme Park Studio will thrive on custom-built, user generated content. We want to encourage players to create new rides and scenery, and be able to share them with other players within the community.

This is a VERY interesting aspect of this game. This could start a whole new genre of share-able content games. I'm excited that they have chosen this direction and I hope the community rises up again for the incredible opportunities here.

^ I concur, I have a Mac and RCT3 crashes constantly. I love how you can tweak EVERYTHING. Now, I know I've heard a few people asking about Mac support earlier, but even if it does not support Mac, I'm downloading boot camp for sure just so I can play!

Boot Camp isn't something you just download, it's built-in to Mac OS X.

What you DO need to to is buy yourself a Windows license, that's the only way Boot Camp will work (I think you can do Linux too but I'm not sure).