TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooooo

YES! Character finder and Arrows to go between friends towns?!? BEST GIFTS EVAR!

Plus when choosing tasks it defaults to the longer choices. With these three changes they've really improved the gameplay experience I would say.

I finally got home and had the chance to update. Looks cool so far.

My big question is: how do you get more gift bags to drop off at your friends. I only had 8, dropped them and I can't seem to find out how to get more without spending donuts. Got any ideas?

Once more and more people start getting the update and leaving gift bags, it should help increase the amount of gift bags you get. I ended up getting 14 this morning from all of the presents waiting for me.

I like how every town has gift cards for you to tap, even people that haven't played the game in months. And the two new add-ons to improve game play or amazing. I can't believe it actually came from EA!!!

Right. If you have bags it will show up as an icon in the upper right with the quantity you have. When you click on that icon it will drop a bag if they have run the update.

Not quite. The number of bags you have to give away is next to the amount of gift cards you have collected. If you go to someone's town, that HAS updated, then an icon appears in the upper right. That's how many gifts you can drop in that town (max 5 per 24hrs), IF you have them to give.

Ex: say you have 3 bags, go to a friends town that has updated - the icon shows up with a 5 on it. You drop the 3 bags - now the icon has a 2 on it. So, if you get more bags (within 24hrs), you can go back to that town and drop 2 more.

Hope that helps.

Im new to the forum and have been playing Tapped Out a bit

Add me I believe it is

rptiger

(Tried logging in online to find out but it kept on asking me questions that I couldn't answer. rptiger was my name anyway so I'm assuming it's that )

Edit- my internet is slow so I don't go on much (once a day) also excuse the mess.... Remodeling

EditEdit- I don't real money on my town so don't judge her size haha

Edited by Ryan P.

Make sure that you physically tap or wait until the gift cards are added to your inventory before moving to the next city.

This!

I noticed that my number if cards wasn't going up after going through a few friend's towns quickly.

Make sure that you physically tap or wait until the gift cards are added to your inventory before moving to the next city.

Did you check the numbers once you went back to your home town? I noticed this with the ghost during Halloween and it appears to be true with the cards in this update as well. Your numbers don't get shown as you progress from one friends town to another if you don't click on the cards. But once you get back into your Springfield they are accounted for. LIke I just went through my friends towns and was in the 5,000's with out clicking on all the cards or waiting for them to accumulate, then went back to my Springfield and what I hadn't clicked was accounted for and put me over 6,000 and got the Elf House.

Not quite. The number of bags you have to give away is next to the amount of gift cards you have collected. If you go to someone's town, that HAS updated, then an icon appears in the upper right. That's how many gifts you can drop in that town (max 5 per 24hrs), IF you have them to give.

Ex: say you have 3 bags, go to a friends town that has updated - the icon shows up with a 5 on it. You drop the 3 bags - now the icon has a 2 on it. So, if you get more bags (within 24hrs), you can go back to that town and drop 2 more.

Hope that helps.

Ah, that's right. Thanks! I had it backwards.

Did you check the numbers once you went back to your home town? I noticed this with the ghost during Halloween and it appears to be true with the cards in this update as well. Your numbers don't get shown as you progress from one friends town to another if you don't click on the cards. But once you get back into your Springfield they are accounted for. LIke I just went through my friends towns and was in the 5,000's with out clicking on all the cards or waiting for them to accumulate, then went back to my Springfield and what I hadn't clicked was accounted for and put me over 6,000 and got the Elf House.

Went ahead and checked this, and you're correct. Thanks!

Also, the Elf House is great!I can clear all the presents once every 24 hours and find any I missed. They (EA) are being really nice to us with this update...maybe they want to make us really happy before they destroy our dreams of the future, lol.