TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

I'm confused ... how do you get Donuts from doing this? Is there some kind of strategy for getting Donuts that I'm not aware of?

As Chris forgot to explain: you may have not yet maxed out on levels, currently level 31.

So, if you're not at level 31 yet, every time you reach the XP goal, you go up one level, thereby unlocking things associated with that level.

If you have maxed out on levels like a lot of us have, when you reach the XP goal you get a dialog box with 3 presents to choose from. The presents have either 1, 2, or 3 donuts in them. Choose one and accept what you get, OR, if you get 1 or 2 donuts, you have the option of buying a different box (@ $50,000) to try and get 3 donuts. If you don't get it, you can still buy the third box for another $50,000 (or $100,000 I forget) to get the 3 donut prize.

Then you start at 0 XP again, with the next "rollover" at the previous amount plus 10-20% more.

I hope that makes sense.

JJSlumlord

Oops! Thanks Jeff. I forget that some of us aren't maxed yet, haha.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you're interested and haven't seen it yet, here's all the proposed information on the Krustyland addition, which should happen sometime in August. The ticket system hopefully will make this game more fun to play frequently again unlike the Boardwalk expansion, and it looks like there will be several awesome amusement rides including the Tooth Chipper!

http://simpsonswiki.net/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Tapped_Out_Upcoming_Krustyland_update

Level 32 update is out. Hope this means Krustyland is the next one.

The opening dialog insinuates that Bart needs something fun to do, as he is bored.

Rod and Todd finally show up, along with a mental hospital ($324,000), Camp Krusty (bunch of donuts), playground parallel bars ($760?) and another car (40 donuts), which is a "left handed" car of sorts. Still adds 2% to XP and $$. Probably put it at the Flanderers!!

D'oh!!

200 donuts for Kamp Krusty? $20 for a character skin, some new tasks, and a drawing of a building. Meh. I'm honestly over the 'free-to-play' game model - not just Tapped Out but Plants vs Zombies 2 as well. Call me old fashioned, but I like just buying a game and that's it.

Tapped Out desperately needs a huge update - I'm not sure what Krustyland entails but I'm thinking EA should just add 10 levels in one hit, the current drip-feed of content is just more of the same. Squidport was a good idea but ruined by the glacial pace at which you can build boardwalk pieces. Maybe it's time for me to put the game away and just come back in 3 months or so, that way there might be enough new content to enjoy...

Added a few people, hope you don't mind. Need to get me some progress in this game!

Looking forward to the Krustyland update. Wouldn't a 3D perspective of the town be cool, google map street view style? Not possible on the servers I know, but just a thought

Went through the whole list on the front page and finally added everyone. Acceptance would be greatly appreciated.

I started late & just got up to level 17, so I'm hoping getting more friends will help speed up the process a bit.

I might start playing again now! It looks good so far. I'm on a 12 hour task now, but it does seem to be like people said and is a whole other 'town' setup versus the terrible boardwalk. I also like that you can take people from Springfield to do the tasks in Krustyland. It probably sucks for those who aren't done with the task, as they now could have double the tasks for one person, but it'll actually get me to start giving people tasks again.

I might start playing again now! It looks good so far. I'm on a 12 hour task now, but it does seem to be like people said and is a whole other 'town' setup versus the terrible boardwalk. I also like that you can take people from Springfield to do the tasks in Krustyland. It probably sucks for those who aren't done with the task, as they now could have double the tasks for one person, but it'll actually get me to start giving people tasks again.

And with the Krustyland tickets you get when you visit other towns' Krustylands, there's now a reason to start visiting other people's towns.

And with the Krustyland tickets you get when you visit other towns' Krustylands, there's now a reason to start visiting other people's towns.

I've been try to visit others towns with a Krustyland, but still haven't got any tickets yet from doing so.

Anyone have any idea in how to do that?