The Simpsons Tapped Out

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

For those of us that are still playing:

I finally decided to check the usual sources for additional helpful info.

Obviously, the more stuff you craft, the higher up the ladder you get.

The coffin in this update is different from the one in the past. Instead of a pop-up ghost, it has a zombie in it (and yes, a shadow of things to come).

The addition trick-or-treaters are: Ralph, Rod, Todd and Dolph.

And perhaps most important, there are 4 characters that give an additional 200 film every 4 hours. They are:

Boobarella, Suzanne the Witch, Space Mutant and Count Burns.

Hope this helps a little.

Do you know if it better to just craft items, or upgrade first?

I was fighting that a bit too. However, the more you craft, the more you get the MAG points, which increases your level on the construction yard, which offers more things to craft. But with the added MAG points, those awards produce more jobs and more film.

It's almost a vicious cycle, but I've started looking at this approach as I felt I wasn't keeping up with the pace of the game. (However I did check my sources and I'm actually a bit (3 days) ahead of the projected timeline). So, honestly, I do think crafting is the way to go, as the awards pile up, you'll be able to eventually craft those things you really want, in an easier time frame.

(And thanks to my keeping up with the monorail crafting, I have raised enough donuts to get Dr. Hibberts Island, which gave a crapload (540, I think) of MAG points.)

• 1 month later...

Well, this game is seriously sucking and dying quick. Every single event is exactly the same and I'm ready to drop it. Besides the donuts from the recycling thing every week, and the daily challenges, it's pretty dead. I wish they would just start the christmas event to see if I"m even going to bother anymore.

I actually moved this game from my 'front page' to second page on my phone and haven't played it for over a month. I think Family Guy is next as the games are just so similar, repetitive, and frustrating if you're not willing to spend money to rush tasks and get premium items.

^^ Same but in the opposite order. I gave up on Family Guy a few months ago. Unless you fork out cyme money, there is no way you could ever complete the guests. I am still hanging onto the Simpsons, but barely. At least the goals are attainable, but extremely repetitive.

I quit Family Guy when they started putting the majority of content behind a pay wall.

With Tapped Out at least event content is always obtainable provided you complete tasks every four hours.

Is it repetitive? Sure, but if nothing else I play for the genuinely funny dialogue and decent content. It's not a complex game, nor is it ever going to be.

• 1 month later...

The Christmas update sucked, but there's a new one out yesterday which looks to be about traveling around to different countries. So far this has been at least mildly entertaining. There's an airport now which is a free insta-build. "AmericaTown" is now available for donuts. Cesar and Ugolin from the episode where Bart went to Paris are the top prize in Act 1 of this update.

If anybody still has this app installed, it's worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the current update is really great this time around. It seems pretty easy to earn all the stuff plus we get to build our own World Showcase. Easily the best update in a long time. Tokyo time now.

And here I thought I was the only one who was doing that. They're even parodying the once-rumored Mt Fuji coaster for Japan.

• 9 months later...

Well it's Christmas time in Springfield once again. This year Kang and Kodos are angry about once again failing to take over Earth during Halloween so they're aiming for invasion during other holidays, like Christmas. Santa Kang is kind of hilarious and it's snowy again! This year's update already looks much better than last year's hideous Pagan crap.

• 5 months later...

For the 5 of you maybe still playing this game, a new event began today. Krustyland gets nuked but the buildings, rides, and all can now be rebuilt in your Springfield alongside the new Itchy & Scratchy Land that the update centers around. So far it's been pretty fun, but it's yet another 3 act grind fest at its core.