TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't d/l the update yet. (And won't unless forced to.) I decided to wait and avoid the inevitable initial glitches, and concentrate on my weekly monorail stuff. I'm almost finished with this weeks haul. I did cruise past some of the boards and discovered that there were several glitches, most of which (but not all) have already been corrected thru 2 small, quick updates.

Hopefully, I'll be d/l the update later today.

It's cool and all, I did notice several of the prizes that you can craft I already have from last year like the Halloween House and some dead shrubs, but the addition of characters will be welcome.

My games has been freezing and I've gotten the two updates you speak of and most of the glitches have been fixed except the jerky screen when the campfire spawns the spooky people and snakes.

Pretty similar update as before, but it seems all mixed together at once.. Instead of going through one specific item for 2 weeks, then transitioning to another item for 2 weeks, etc., it seems to be just throwing all of them together at once. It's confusing because I don't know if I'm supposed to be telling stories to get eggs, or bunnies, and then there's an option with a snake head that I have no clue how to earn.

The radius does still seem smaller for tapping, and the unemployment office for me is still not working.

Edited by jray21

^I have been going by what you need for the campfire upgrade on what story to tell.

The tap radius varies. On buildings, I have same radius as before. (One tap to clear my house farm) but is much smaller on everything else (people, nightmares, etc...)

I like that it seems to tell you twice the names of people helping you out. I've been trying to repay all of you who've dropped nightmares in my town ASAP. Be sure to let me know if I missed you by accident and I'll drop more.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on levl 10 of the camp fire, and every time I upgrade, the prize bar slides over and adds a new, but identical prize that I've already gotten. I have 3 sheds, 2 tents, and a boat load of hedges. And it doesn't appear that there's an end to it, so, does anyone have any idea when to not bother upgrading the camp fire? And I don't see any noticeable difference every time I upgrade it with nightmares spawning faster either.

On TSTO Addicts forum it said there is no max. The 5% decrease is the spawn rate, and I think it started at around 15 minutes. By level 14, it should be around 8 minutes. It may help in the part two tasks to get to the prizes faster. Also, I have noticed that if I'm within 20-30 nightmares (bunnies, zombies, etc.,) I'll just keep the game open and not move the screen for a few minutes and there will be tons of the nightmares to get. Then I'll find out what the next task uses so I don't waste the 4 hours.

Also, I have noticed that if I'm within 20-30 nightmares (bunnies, zombies, etc.,) I'll just keep the game open and not move the screen for a few minutes and there will be tons of the nightmares to get.

I agree with what Joey says, but this part above, I've especially noticed. I just don't always remember. My campfire is only at level 7, but I do have all prizes so far. my daily task today was to upgrade my campfire. I'm still 60 rabbits away.

And… the update comes tonight, along with the next session of getting monorail tracks. The completion of the tracks usually only takes me about 1.5 days, so I do get the 5 donuts.

Another update today. An XP bonus machine. Basically it will be activated with donuts in the future if you need a lot of XP quickly. As a heads up, once you build it you'll get 24 hours for free so don't collect anything before installing it or wait until you have a lot ready to go to take advantage of this freebie.

I noticed they also fixed the latency when visiting towns and dropping off the tazmanian devil (that's what I'm calling him) making it not as painful to piss off your neighbors who then have to chase that bastard down all over town.

I think I'm at camp level 15, when Act 2 came out I crafted all of the upgrades instantly. The daily tasks for 20 free donuts is cool, the extra 2 days to complete them each week is a win.

The only price I didn't get in Act 1 was the last one, and after the Kang double, I didn't really care.

So I've almost got the HQ and the free donuts each week are starting to pile up for completing tasks.

I am starting to get a little bored with the event with almost a week before the new stuff shows up. If there aren't any cool prizes I might take a few weeks off or slow play it.

Not sure if anyone took advantage of the XP Collider, ended up in 24 hours getting 750k XP, I'm now two levels ahead. Cheated a bit since I still have some Mr. Burns Money Pile tasks left but at 5x pay each one of those yielded me about 175k xp x 3. At least I know if I ever get behind I can just pay a few donuts for a 3 days of 5x pay and I'll be caught right up.

^Check out your neighbor's Springfields for skeletons. I found that the one's with less than 2000 candy apples tend to have skeletons, zombies and bunnies roaming around instead of Squids. They count towards your goals. I found 9 skeletons this way last night.

Wondering when the new level was coming out. Almost the end of the event and no new level yet (until now)