TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

Bring back Whacking Day!

Ya know - I find that extremely funny - as most people on all the different TSTO boards really hated Whacking Day. Yet we (TPR) seemed to enjoy it, as we figured out how to do it as a community, and how to help each other reach our goals.

So, yeah - Bring back Whacking Day, or bring on Halloween.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't spent any donuts. I've just been playing every two hours or less. I'm on vacation.

And I've had enough elixir to keep updating the castles as needed until I got to 10 at each one. Im waiting to see if the tasks ask me to upgrade further.

As far as upgrading the characters it just seems like a joke, as that's what the dialogue insinuated. Upgrades for sale of upgrades. As long as you have the gold you can upgrade, it doesn't take any away. Doesn't seem to unlock any character features either.

I've liked the update as it's always had a lot to do, but it is quite silly that not all of the prizes have been actual gifts. The hot air balloon requires donuts to buy. 55 donuts is a discount for something that gives 2% more money and xp, but I'm not sure that I'll buy it.

So far, I would rate this update "interesting" and nothing more. I just can't quite seem to find a working formula to making the most elixir or gold. I see that Chris and Dane have a lot of gold. I like the social aspect, but *I* thought because of the bigger rewards! that visiting (ransacking) strangers would be the best (especially visiting people that were only level 20, or lower).

Not spending any donuts on this update at all. Though, I have to admit, this is the best set of graphics EA has put out for this game in a long time.

I have spent 8 donuts total on this update. I spent them in the beginning when I didn't realize that you didn't get your nerds back after they were done with their tasks. I just do what Dane does, I play every 2 hours. and upgrade as soon as I can to generate more nerds. Also, I ONLY send a single nerd and only attack Castles and nothing else. Its more time consuming to search for enough castles but it pays off every morning when I ear nearly 5000 elixir and almost 2000 gold. That's all I do, play every 2 hours, one nerd to every castle. Also, the character upgrades don't actually cost you gold, they are free upgrades that unlock when you have enough gold, though, I still haven't found out what the upgrades actually do.

Not sure if this will help or not. Since you can't see who is attacking you until you tap on them and thus taking away elixir and gold from any friends who are attacking, I've arranged all my pink houses in a big "T". Anyone attacking those houses, I will let the attack run it's course and you should get the full value for attacking me. Seems like it could work?

Also, I ONLY send a single nerd and only attack Castles and nothing else. Its more time consuming to search for enough castles but it pays off every morning when I ear nearly 5000 elixir and almost 2000 gold. That's all I do, play every 2 hours, one nerd to every castle.

Thanks for sharing that Chris! I'll give it a try. Quick question - Do you attack friends, or strangers only? Or, does it matter?

Kinda curious about that.

If anyone's after an elixir boost I'm only defending castles at the moment (as you can't collect nerds without doing so) and letting all other attacks run their course.

I will begin doing the same today. Unless I find out this a bad strategy, I believe it's likely I will continue this way.

Also, I ONLY send a single nerd and only attack Castles and nothing else. Its more time consuming to search for enough castles but it pays off every morning when I ear nearly 5000 elixir and almost 2000 gold. That's all I do, play every 2 hours, one nerd to every castle.

Thanks for sharing that Chris! I'll give it a try. Quick question - Do you attack friends, or strangers only? Or, does it matter?

Kinda curious about that.

I guess only strangers, though I swear I recognize some towns I visit, do we know if hitting that axe/sword button is only strangers?

Either way it seems most people don't play often enough and that's how I am raking in so much stuff.

Also, the game gave me two hot air balloons, did anyone else get two?

Finally, my three castles are all now pumping out 20 geeks every two hours! I can barely keep up!

I upgraded one of my castles so it should have been giving 25 nerds but it stayed at 20. :/

And I have noticed a lot of the same towns over and over again when I invade random towns.

Chris, I just noticed one hot air balloon in my inventory.

I upgraded one of my castles so it should have been giving 25 nerds but it stayed at 20. :/

Some of the upgrades I have realized are not for more nerd generation, but MAX number of nerds your'e allowed to hold. I think it goes in this order:

Max Nerd Upgrade - Increases the number of nerds your can have in inventory at one time.

Defense Upgrade - Increases the amount of time it takes to attack a castle.

Nerd Generator Upgrade - Increases the number of nerds each castle produces every 2 hours.

This is the pattern that has showed up , in that order, after I have finished all the other upgrades of walls and towers.

Also, this is the reward I got this morning. I used 60 nerds, only attacking castles. One nerd for each castle.

IMG_2054.thumb.jpg.e483b344a29ee89a16c5a14019931e37.jpg

I've been following a similar path, but I don't attack just castles (ain't nobody got time fo' that). So I end up getting a boatload of Elixir and gold in the morning, as well as throughout the day. Already pretty much done with the upgrades (level 10 for each castle).

I do find it weird that it's more beneficial to attack random people over friends.

I think the difference there is that, in our circle of friends, we're all avid players. When as if its random, it could be some person who plays in their spare time and doesnt log in once a day. That's just my view.
I did the same thing, and only got about 2000. Most of the castles were 12 to 14 hours wait.

I think you guys are on to something here. In the last 7hrs, I've raked in a little over 1200 gold, just doing what Chris said about one nerd per castle (yes, it does take a bit of time)...

But, before that though, (since about 6am today) I was just going after anything, which paid out 70/25 (I think). During the day (as close to 2 hrs as I could) I'd still get elixir and gold.

I'm thinking that whatever the "conquer" time is, if that elapses you get the full amount. If the victim defends his property, you collect the instant payout as a percentage of the time you were on the attack, the next time you log in. That could account for the varying amounts paid out (and the amount of nerds you have. I'm up to 45)

I haven't found anything like this on the boards anywhere.

Any thoughts?

I did the one nerd per town last night, mostly houses, and got about 3000 elixir this morning.

My theory is to look for towns with several unfixed buildings, suggesting those players don't log in very often.

^Along those lines - I like how, when you visit the strangers' towns, the game automatically scrolls from the (first sideshow Bob) castles, to Flanders, to the most expensive houses to the cheapest, in order. So, if you happen on a town where you are left staring at a castle under attack, or in ruins, you'll know that there is nothing left to attack in that town.

The formula that Chris/Dane used has started popping up on the boards as the best way to work thru this update, so thanks to them for sharing.

Also, during the day when I have limited time, I'll just attack whatever pops up, (one nerd at a time) and only castles when I have the time to do it. Makes the update a bit more enjoyable.

Side note - after you unlock the small pieces for recycle castle and boxingham palace - extra walls, towers and gates all cost donuts. So you may have to be creative to finish those castles.

Ok. I got to the 38,000 gold plateau and have all of the prizes and tasks completed.

So... to help anyone who needs it, I will no longer defend any of my houses that are attacked, so the attacker will get the full amount of gold/elixir. I will only rebuild the destroyed ones. (You know I have a lot of housing farms!).

I will defend my castles, just to get the nerds and give me something to do.

I don't think it should be too hard for people to complete this event before the end on Oct. 7.

I don't think it should be too hard for people to complete this event before the end on Oct. 7.

Agreed. I hit the magic number this morning, and there is still over a month left to play the game. Ran into a good glitch yesterday. When I logged on, on different devices, I got a new set of rewards for each device. I ended up with three catapults yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...